Freezer does not operate.
• The unit may not be plugged in.
• The circuit breaker may have tripped or the fuse may have been
Compressor seems to run continuously or more often than
• The door may have been left open or there may be a leak in the
• Frequent door openings allow cold air to escape, thus forcing the
compressor to cycle ON more often.
• Air is not circulating freely around the appliance due to installation in
an area with little or no clearance. Slide the appliance out of the
confined area and vacuum around the rear and bottom to improve
Freezer compartment has an odor.
• Foods with strong odors should be tightly covered.
• Check for spoiled food.
• Interior may require cleaning.
• Keep an open box of baking soda in the freezer to absorb odors and
replace as needed.
Foods are not sufficiently frozen.
• The temperature setting is not high enough.
• The door has been left open for an extended period of time or there
may be a leak in the door gasket.
• Overloaded shelves are preventing effective circulation of cold air.