Step 2 - Install Filtered Water Faucet
MAKE HOLE FOR FAUCET
IMPORTANT: A 1-1/4" dia. hole is needed to mount the
filtered water faucet. To avoid damaging the sink, con-
sult a qualified plumber or installer for drilling proce-
dures in porcelain or stainless steel.
1. Select one of the following options to install the faucet.
Make sure there is room underneath to make the need-
Use an existing sink top hole for spray hose or
soap dispenser (must be 1-1/4" in diameter).
Drill a new hole in the sink top.
Drill a hole in the countertop next to the sink.
2. Check to make sure the filtered water faucet base will
sit flat against the mounting surface.
3. If drilling is needed, make a 1-1/4" dia. (minimum)
hole for the faucet in the mounting surface.
INSTALL FAUCET BASE
1. Locate the faucet base (See Fig. 5) and feed the toggle
bolts down through the hole until the faucet base is
square against the mounting surface (sink or counter-
top). The rubber gasket should be between the faucet
base and mounting surface.
2. Tighten the toggle bolts until the faucet base is firmly
mounted to the surface. Do not overtighten.
CONNECT BLUE TUBE TO FAUCET
1. Place the Advanced Two-Stage Drinking Water Filter
housing under the sink. It can sit upright or on its side.
2. Locate the blue tube. One end is attached to the filter
housing. Feed the other end up through the mounting
hole and faucet base. See Figure 6.
3. Refer to the "Cut Tubes to Length" section on Page 8
and cut the blue tube square and to length as needed,
leaving about 6 inches above the faucet base.
4. Locate the faucet. Refer to the "Connect Tubes" section
on Page 8 and insert the blue tube all the way into the
3/8" quick connect fitting on the faucet bottom.
5. Pull on the tube to be sure it is held firmly in the fit-
INSTALL FAUCET ON BASE
1. Lower the faucet onto the base. See Figure 7.
2. Give the faucet a 1/4 turn clockwise to attach the faucet
to the base.
3. Install battery in faucet base (See "Change Battery" sec-
tion on Page 9) then continue installation with Step 3
on Page 8.
Questions? Call The Kenmore Water Line 1-800-426-9345 or visit KenmoreWater.com
1-1/4" dia. hole
through sink or
1/4 turn to connect
faucet to base