CONNECT YELLOW TUBE TO WATER SUPPLY
1. Locate the yellow tube. One end is attached to the fil-
ter housing. Run the other end to the water supply fit-
ting on the cold water pipe. See Figure 8.
2. Refer to the "Cut Tubes to Length" section, below, and
cut the yellow tube square and to length as needed.
3. Refer to the "Connect Tubes" section, below, and
insert the yellow tube all the way into the 3/8" quick
connect fitting on included water supply fitting
(installed in Step 1).
4. Pull on the tube to be sure it is held firmly in the fit-
HOW TO CUT AND CONNECT THE TUBES
Your Advanced Two-Stage Drinking Water Filter
includes push-in fittings for quick tubing connection.
Review the following before connecting the tubes.
Cut tubes to length
1. Use a sharp cutter or knife to cut the end of tubing.
Always cut the tubing square. See Figure 9.
2. Inspect the end (about 1") of the tubing to be sure
there are no nicks, scratches or other rough spots. If
needed, cut the tubing again.
1. Push tubing through collet, until it engages the o-ring.
See Figure 10. Continue pushing until the tube bot-
toms out against the back of the fitting. See Figure 11.
A common mistake is to stop pushing when the tube
engages the o-ring. This will lead to future leaks.
When a 3/8" tube is fully engaged, 3/4" of the tube has
entered the fitting. See Figures 10 & 11.
2. If using tubing other than tubing supplied with the
system, be sure it is of high quality, exact size and
roundness with a smooth surface.
1. Push the collet inward with a finger tip. See Figure 12.
2. Continue holding collet inward while pulling the tub-
ing out. See Figure 13.
Collet and O-Ring
Questions? Call The Kenmore Water Line 1-800-426-9345 or visit KenmoreWater.com
Step 3 - Connect Tubes
Push In Fitting
Cut tubing square with end of tubing round,
smooth, with no cuts, nicks or flat spots.
Tube Correctly Cut
Tube Partially Engaged With Fitting
Tube Fully Engaged With Fitting
Collet (Depress to