Location and function of controls
This following is the general figure of the design of the drive.
The drive's appearance and specifications may change without prior notice.
1. Disc Tray
2. Emergency Eject Hole
3. Drive activity indicators
The LED used to indicate the operation of
External DVD Writer.
4. Stop/Eject Button
1. USB Connector
This connector is used to connect to the USB
2. Power Connector
This connector is used to connect to the AC
Power adapter cord.
3. Power Switch (*Optional: supports for EU only.)
Use this switch to turn the drive on and off.
Removing the USB converter cable
The drive supports the plug and play(not swap) function of Windows, and can be removed and inserted by
performing the following operation.
1. Stop the application software being currently used.
2. Click the icon "
" of the taskbar located on your screen's bottom right side.
3. Click "Safely Remove USB Mass Storage Device-Drive[x:]".
4. Click "Ok" and then remove the USB converter cable.
Don't remove the USB converter cable when the busy indicator on the drive blinks, or during computer startup.