• make sure that the commercially frozen
foodstuffs were adequately stored by the
• be sure that frozen foodstuffs are trans-
ferred from the foodstore to the freezer in
the shortest possible time;
CARE AND CLEANING
Caution! Unplug the appliance before
carrying out any maintenance
This appliance contains hydrocarbons
in its cooling unit; maintenance and re-
charging must therefore only be carried
out by authorized technicians.
The equipment has to be cleaned regularly:
• clean the inside and accessories with
lukewarm water and some neutral soap.
• regularly check the door seals and wipe
clean to ensure they are clean and free
• rinse and dry thoroughly.
Important! Do not pull, move or damage
any pipes and/or cables inside the cabinet.
Never use detergents, abrasive powders,
highly perfumed cleaning products or wax
polishes to clean the interior as this will
damage the surface and leave a strong
Clean the condenser (black grill) and the
compressor at the back of the appliance
with a brush or a vacuum cleaner. This op-
eration will improve the performance of the
appliance and save energy consumption.
Important! Take care of not to damage the
Important! When moving the cabinet, lift it
by the front edge to avoid scratching the
Many proprietary kitchen surface cleaners
contain chemicals that can attack/damage
the plastics used in this appliance. For this
reason use a soft cloth rinsed in warm wa-
ter and neutral soap emulsion for cleaning
• not open the door frequently or leave it
open longer than absolutely necessary.
• Once defrosted, food deteriorates rapidly
and cannot be refrozen.
• Do not exceed the storage period indica-
ted by the food manufacturer.
Important! Do not use detergents or
abrasive paste as these will damage the
paint, or stainless steel anti finger print
After cleaning, reconnect the equipment to
the mains supply.
Cleaning the ventilation grille
The ventilation grille can be removed for
Make sure the door is open and then:
1. Loosen the upper edge of the grille by
2. Pull the grille straight out to completely
3. Vacuum clean under the cabinet.
Defrosting the freezer
A certain amount of frost will always form
on the freezer shelves and around the top
Defrost the freezer when the frost layer rea-
ches a thickness of about 3-5 mm.
To remove the frost, follow the instructions
• switch off the appliance and pull out the
plug from the wall socket
• remove any stored food, wrap it in sever-
al layers of newspaper and put it in a cool
• remove the freezer drawers
• put insulating material around the draw-
ers, e.g. blankets or newspapers.