Safety Instructions for
• A device must be provided in the electrical installa-
tion which allows the appliance to be disconnected
from the mains at all poles with a contact opening
width of at least 3 mm.
Suitable isolation devices include line protecting
cut-outs, fuses (screw type fuses are to be re-
moved from the holder), earth leakage trips and
• In respect of fire protection, this appliance corre-
sponds to EN 60 335-2-6. This type of appliance
may be installed with a high cupboard or wall on
• Drawers may not be fitted underneath the hob.
• The installation must guarantee shock protection.
• The kitchen unit in which the appliance is fitted
• For protection against moisture, all cut surfaces
are to be sealed with a suitable sealant.
• On tiled work surfaces, the joints in the area where
the hob sits must be completely filled with grout.
• On natural, artificial stone, or ceramic tops, the
snap action springs must be bonded in place with
a suitable artificial resin or mixed adhesive.
• Ensure that the seal is correctly seated in the frame
and that it is seated against the work surface with-
out leaving any gaps. Additional silicon sealant
must not be applied; this will make removal more
difficult when servicing.
• The hob must be pressed out from below when re-
• CAUTION: The surface temperature exceeds 95°C.
To avoid a hazard, underbench access must be re-
• Supply cords must have a temperature rating not
less than 105°C.