Safety Instructions for the Installer
• A device must be provided in the electrical installation which allows
the appliance to be disconnected from the mains at all poles with a
contact opening width of at least 3 mm
Suitable isolation devices include line protecting cut-outs, fuses
(screw type fuses are to be removed from the holder), earth leakage
trips and contactors.
• In respect of fire protection, this appliance corresponds to Type Y
(IEC 335-2-6). Only this type of appliance may be installed with a
high cupboard or wall on one side.
• Drawers may not be fitted underneath the hob.
• Unless the appliance is built in above an oven there must be at least
100 mm clearance beneath the hob.
• The installation must guarantee shock protection.
• The kitchen unit in which the appliance is fitted must satisfy the sta-
bility requirements of DIN 68930.
• All cut surfaces must be sealed with a suitable sealant to protect
• On tiled work surfaces, the joints in the area where the hob sits must
be completely filled with grout.
• Ensure that the seal is correctly seated in the frame and that it is
seated against the work surface without leaving any gaps. Addi-
tional silicon sealant must not be applied; this will make removal
more difficult when servicing.
• The hob must be pressed out from below when removed.