When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be
followed, including the following:
• read all INStrUCtIoNS .
• do not touch hot surfaces. use handles
• to protect against electric shock, do not
place cord, plugs, or appliance in water
or other liquid.
• Close supervision is necessary when
any appliance is used by or near
• unplug from outlet when not in use and
before cleaning. allow to cool before
putting on or taking off parts, and
before cleaning the appliance.
• do not operate any appliance with a
damaged cord or plug or after the
appliance malfunctions, or has been
damaged in any manner. Call our
toll-free customer service number for
information on examination, repair or
• do not use outdoors.
• do not let cord hang over edge of table
or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
• do not place on or near a hot gas or
electric burner, or in a heated oven or in
a heated oven.
• do not use appliance for other than
• the container is designed for use with
this appliance. It must never be used on
a range top.
• do not use a cracked container or a
container having a loose or weakened
• do not clean container with cleansers,
steel wool pads, or other abrasive
• do not set a hot container on a hot or
• never leave the empty carafe on the
keeping warm plate. otherwise the
carafe is liable to crack.
• to reduce risk of scalding, do not open
lid when coffee is brewing.