when using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be
followed, including the following:
• read all instructions and information
in this instruction book and any other
literature included in this carton
referring to this product before
operating or using this appliance.
• Do not touch hot surfaces. use handles or
• to protect against fire, electric shock and
personal injury do not immerse cord,
plugs, or appliance in water or other
• Close supervision is necessary when any
appliance is used by or near children.
• unplug from outlet when not in use and
before cleaning. Allow to cool before
putting on or taking off parts, and before
cleaning the appliance.
• Do not operate any appliance with a
damaged cord or plug or after the
appliance malfunctions, or has been
damaged in any manner. Call our toll-free
customer service number for information
on examination, repair or adjustment.
• the use of accessory attachments not
recommended by the appliance
manufacturer may result in fire, electric
shock or personal injury.
this appliance is for household use only. Any servicing other than cleaning and
use maintenance should be performed by an authorized service representative.
• Do not immerse base in water or try to disassemble.
• to reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not remove the base. no user serviceable
parts inside. repair should be done by authorized service personnel only.
• Check voltage to be sure that the voltage indicated on the name plate agrees with
• never use warm or hot water to fill the water container! use cold water only!
• never refill the water chamber while this coffeemaker is in the on-position. turn the
coffeemaker off and let it cool down for ten minutes before refilling with water.
• Before turning your coffee maker on, please make sure that carafe sits flat on inside
circle of heating plate.
• Keep your hands and the cord away from hot parts of the appliance during operation.
• never clean with scouring powders or hard implements.
sAve these instruCtions!
• Do not use outdoors.
• Do not let cord hang over edge of table or
counter, or touch hot surfaces.
• Do not place on or near a hot gas or
electric burner, or in a heated oven.
• to disconnect, turn any control to off then
remove plug from wall outlet.
• Do not use appliance for other than
• Do not unscrew or remove boiler cap
while the machine is in operation. Wait
until brewing cycle is completed and all
water and steam has been used up.
• use of the Glass Carafes.
A. the carafe is designed for use with this
appliance. it must never be use on a
B. Do not set a hot carafe on a wet or cold
C. Do not use a cracked carafe or a carafe
having a loose or weakened handle.
D. Do not clean carafe with cleansers,
steel wool pads, or other abrasive