12 -- Mobility Services Platform 3.3 Software Installation Guide
13. Click Next to go to an MSP Core Database Review dialog box. If you indicated a SQL
instance on which an Existing MSP Database is installed, the installer defeaults to
keeping the MSP data. If you accept the information, click Next. If you need to change it,
If you selected MSP Control Component features but do not have SQL 2005/2008
Standard or Enterprise Edition, you will be informed that MSP Control Component
features will not be installed and you will be allowed to continue.
If you do not want to keep any data that was in the previous MSP database, you can
check the box to delete the existing data. When the MSP server installs it will wipe
out all existing MSP data and install a clean database.
14. On the SQL Server Analysis Services dialog box, it will show the SQL Server instance
where the MSP Core Database is being installed along with the Analysis Database name.
15. On the MSP Runtime Windows Authentication dialog box, default values are provided
for a one box install. Click Next to continue.
If a one box install was selected, then this default local user will be created if it
If you selected the scenario where you are going to install all MSP Components
except the MSP Database on the installation machine, then this user should be a
16. On the MSP Authentication to SQL Database dialog box, choose the method of
authentication and click Next.
If you select SQL Authentication, then the SQL login credentials that you provide will
be used to create a SQL login when MSP is installed.
If you select Windows Authentication, then the Windows account specified in the
previous dialog will be granted the necessary permissions to access the SQL and
17. On the Install MSP Users dialog box, review the two initial users that will be created for
connection to the MSP UI Console.
These two MSP Users must be used once MSP is installed to configure any other
MSP users or even to configure MSP to use LDAP to authenticate users.
18. Click Next to display the Review Installation Settings dialog box.
19. Review the settings. If you accept the settings, click Install; if you need to change
something, click Back until you reach the information that needs to be changed.
20. After clicking Install, the MSP Server installation process will begin.