10 -- Mobility Services Platform 3.3 Software Installation Guide
5. Migrate the User Data Files shared folder, if applicable.
Domain User for Runtime Access
This domain user does not need special domain permissions and does not need any special
permissions granted before installing MSP 3.3. This domain user only needs to be a member of
the "domain users" group.
Domain User for Installation
This domain user does not need special domain permissions. It simply needs to be a member of
the administrators group on the server where the MSP components will be installed. This user
also needs permissions on the SQL Server. The easiest way to grant these permissions are to
make the user a member of the administrators group on the SQL Server.
This domain user is not needed once the install is completed. The installation configuration file
will keep track of which user was specified while installing, but this user is not used by the MSP
components once the installation is complete.
Installing MSP 3.3
To Install MSP 3.3:
1. Put the Installation CD in the machine on which you are installing all MSP Components or
on which you are installing all MSP Components except the MSP Database.
2. When the MSP 3.3 CD Launcher dialog box displays, you will see the results of the pre-
requisite software check in the Pre-requisites area at the top of the dialog box (Figure
If all three pre-requisites are installed, go to Step 3.
If IIS is not installed, go to Appendix A for installation instructions.
If either .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 or Windows Installer 4.5 Update are not installed,
click Install and then Finish when the installation is complete.
3. In the Installation area, click the Install button to the right of MSP 3.3 Server.
4. When the Welcome dialog box for the MSP Install Point Installer is displayed, click Next.
5. Accept the license agreement and click Next.