if correctly used, this electric Edger is an easy to handle and
efficient tool; if used improperly or without the due precautions it could become a
dangerous tool. For pleasant and safe work, ALWAYS strictly comply with the safety
rules that are contained in this manual.
BE SURE to read and understand all instructions in this manual
before using this electric Edger. Failure to follow all instructions listed below may
result in electric shock, fire and /or serious personal injury.
To avoid mistakes that could cause serious injury, DO NOT plug
in this tool until the following instructions have been read and understood.
WORK AREA SAFETY
1. ALWAYS avoid dangerous conditions. DO NOT use in wet or damp areas or
expose to rain.
2. DO NOT operate in the presence of flammable liquids, gases, or dust. Electric
tools create sparks which may ignite dust or fumes.
3. ALWAYS keep bystanders and visitors at a safe distance while operating
an Edger. NEVER allow children near the tool. Flying objects can injure anyone
in the area.
4. CHILDPROOF your tools with padlocks and master switches. Lock tools away when
not in use. This Edger is not a toy.
5. DO NOT use the Edger without adequate lighting. ALWAYS make sure that you can
see what you are edging.
6. BEFORE using the Edger, remove any stones, sticks, debris or objects that could
be entangled in or thrown by the Edger.
The operation of any Edger can result in FOREIGN OBJECTS
BEING THROWN, which can result in personal injury or property damage.
ALWAYS use proper safety equipment.
1. KNOW your tool. Read the operator's manual carefully. Learn the electric Edger's
applications and limitations, as well as the specific potential hazards related to this tool.
2. STAY ALERT, watch what you are doing and use common sense when operating this tool.
3. DO NOT use tool while tired or under the influence of drugs, alcohol or medication.
A moment of inattention while operating this tool may result in serious personal injury.
4. DRESS properly. Wear rubber gloves and substantial rubber soled footwear when
working outdoors. DO NOT operate lawn and garden tools when barefoot or wearing
open sandals. Wear long pants and long sleeves to protect your legs and arms.
Edgers can pick up objects such as rocks and send them flying at fast speeds.
DO NOT wear loose clothing or jewelry. Keep your hair, clothing, and gloves away
form moving parts. Loose clothing or long hair can be caught in moving parts.
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS cont.
PERSONAL SAFETY cont.
5. USE SAFETY EQUIPMENT. Always wear safety goggles or safety glasses with side
shields or full face shield, proper work shoes with rubber non-slip soles, heavy-duty
non-slip rubber gloves and dust mask or respirator and hearing protection. Hard
hat should be used for appropriate conditions.
6. DO NOT overreach. Keep proper footing and balance at all times. Proper footing and
balance enables better control of the tool in unexpected situations.
TOOL USE AND CARE SAFETY
BE SURE to read and understand all instructions before
operating this tool. Failure to follow all instructions listed below may result in
electric shock, fire and/or serious personal injury.
1. DO NOT use the tool if switch does not turn it "On" or "Off". Any tool that cannot be
controlled with the switch is dangerous and must be repaired.
2. DISCONNECT the plug from the power source before making any adjustments,
changing accessories, or storing the tool. Such preventive safety measures reduce the
risk of starting the tool accidentally.
3. STORE idle tools out of the reach of children and other untrained persons. Children
MUST NOT operate the tool. Tools are dangerous in the hands of untrained users.
4. MAINTAIN tools with care. ALWAYS keep cutting tools clean and in good working order.
5. CHECK for misalignment or binding of moving parts, breakage of parts, and any other
condition that may affect the tool's operation. If damaged, have the tool serviced
before using. Many accidents are caused by poorly maintained tools.
6. USE ONLY cutting blades that are recommended for this Edger. Blades that may be
suitable for one Edger may become hazardous when used on another Edger.
Do not permit fingers to touch
the terminals of plug when installing or removing
the extension cord from the plug.
1. Double insulated tools are equipped with a polarized plug
(one blade is wider than the other and will require the use
of a polarized extension cord. The Edger's plug will fit into a
polarized extension cord only one way. If the plug does not fit
fully into the extension cord, reverse the plug. If the plug still
does not fit, obtain a correct polarized extension cord.
A polarized extension cord will require the use of a polarized
wall outlet. This plug will fit into the polarized wall outlet only
one way. If the plug does not fit ifit fully into the wall outlet,
reverse the plug. If the plug still does not fit, contact a qualified
electrician to install the proper outlet. Do not change or alter
the equipment plug, extension cord receptacle, or extension cord plug in any way.
2. Double insulation
eliminates the need for the three-wire grounded power cord and
grounded power supply system. Applicable only to Class II (double-insulated) tools.
This Edger is a double insulated tool.