• The following table explains FORCED OFF and ON/OFF OPERATIONS in response to Input A.
Input "ON" stops operation (impossible by remote controllers).
Input OFF enables control by remote controller.
(3) How to select FORCED OFF and ON/OFF OPERATION
• Turn the power on and then use the remote controller to
• Set the remote controller to the field set mode. For details,
refer to the "HOW TO SET IN THE FIELD", in the remote
• When in the field set mode, select mode No. 12, then set
the first code (switch) No. to "1". Then set second code
(position) No. to "01" for FORCED OFF and "02" for ON/
(FORCED OFF at factory set) (Refer to Fig. 31)
8-5 CENTRALIZED CONTROL
• For centralized control, it is necessary to designate the group No. For details, refer to the manual of each
optional controllers for centralized control.
9. FIELD SETTINGS
(1) Make sure the service lids are closed on the indoor and outdoor units.
(2) Field settings must be made from the remote controller in accordance with installation conditions.
• Settings can be made by changing the "Mode No", "FIRST CODE NO." and "SECOND CODE NO.".
Refer to the installation manual attached to the remote controller.
• The "Field Settings" included with the remote controller lists the order of the settings and method of oper-
*Setting is made in all units in a group. To set for individual indoor units or to check the setting, use the mode
Nos. (with "2" in upper digit) in parentheses ( ).
9-1 SETTING AIR FILTER SIGN
• Remote controllers are equiped with liquid crystal display air filter signs to display the time to clean air filters.
• Change the SECOND CODE NO. according to Table 3 depending on the amount of dirt or dust in the room.
(SECOND CODE NO. is factory set to "01" for air filter contamination-light)
Spacing time of display
air filter sign
Approx. 200 hrs
Approx. 100 hrs
Input OFF → ON turns ON unit.
Input ON → OFF turns OFF unit.
SECOND CODE NO.
FIRST CODE NO.
FIRST CODE NO. SECOND CODE NO.
FIELD SET MODE