3. Select Repair Your Computer.
The System Recovery Options window
4. Select a keyboard layout and click Next.
5. To access the recovery options, log on
as a local user. To access the command
prompt, type administrator in the User
name field, then click OK.
6. Click Dell Factory Image Restore.
The Dell Factory Image Restore welcome
NOTE: Depending upon your
configuration, you may need to select
Dell Factory Tools, then Dell Factory
7. Click Next.
The Confirm Data Deletion screen
NOTE: If you do not want to proceed
with the Factory Image Restore, click
Restoring Your Operating System
8. Select the check box to confirm that you
want to continue to reformat the hard
drive and restore the system software to
the factory condition, then click Next.
The restore process begins and may
take five or more minutes to complete.
A message appears when the operating
system and factory-installed applications
have been restored to factory condition.
9. Click Finish to restart the computer.