Using Your Inspiron Laptop
Removing and Replacing the Battery
WARNING: Before you begin any of the procedures in this section, follow the safety
instructions that shipped with your computer.
WARNING: Using an incompatible battery may increase the risk of fire or explosion.
This computer should only use a battery purchased from Dell. Do not use batteries from
WARNING: Before removing the battery, shut down the computer, and remove external
cables (including the AC adapter).
To remove the battery:
1. Turn off the computer and turn it over.
2. Slide the battery lock latch until it clicks into place.
3. Slide the battery release latch to the unlock position.
4. Slide and lift the battery out of the battery bay.
To replace the battery:
1. Slide the battery into the battery bay until it clicks into place.
2. Slide the battery lock latch to the lock position.