If your Food Processor should malfunction or fail to operate, check the following:
Food Processor doesn't run:
• Make sure that the bowl and lid are properly
aligned and locked in place and the large
food pusher is inserted in the feed tube.
• When using the large feed tube opening,
make sure that food is not above the
Max. Fill line on the feed tube.
• Check to make sure the Food Processor
is plugged in.
• Is the fuse in the circuit to the Food
Processor in working order? If you have
a circuit breaker box, be sure the circuit
• Unplug the Food Processor, then plug it
back into the outlet.
• If the Food Processor is not at room
temperature, wait until it reaches room
temperature and retry.
• If the speed lever does not move, make sure
the dial is in the Off position.
• For easy lid rotation, it is possible to
remove the seal, or just apply vegetable
oil to the seal.
Food Processor not shredding or
• Make sure the raised-blade side of the
disc is positioned face up on the adapter.
• If using the adjustable slicing blade, make
sure it is set to the correct thickness.
• Make sure ingredients are suitable for
slicing or shredding.
If the work bowl cover won't close:
• Make sure the disc is installed correctly,
with the raised nub on top, and is
positioned properly on the drive adapter.
• Try to close again, with the large food
If the problem is not due to one of the above
items, see the "Warranty and Service" section.
Do not return the Food Processor to the
retailer. Retailers do not provide service.