WinCIX Off-line Programming for Strata CIX
The WinCIX software in conjunction with CIX eManager, enables you to perform Off-line programming
for Strata CIX systems. With WinCIX and eManager loaded on your PC or server, you can make
programming changes without being connected to the Strata CIX. WinCIX emulates the existence of an
operating CIX system on your computer so eManager can backup and save the edited programming data
into a "default.dat" file on your PC. The edited default.dat file can then be copied to a SmartMedia or
Secure Digital (SD) card and restored to a Strata CIX system.
Release 4 allows you to rename the default .dat file name but not the (.dat) extension name.
(See the last page for file name change rules)
1. You must check the WinCIX compatibility table (last page) before using particular
versions of WinCIX on the Strata CIX system.
2. Always make a copy of original default.dat files before you open and edit them using
WinCIX. In an emergency situation you may need the original default.dat file to restore
your original data to the CIX system.
Tips and Limitations
1. The Download function of eManager is not supported with WinCIX Off-line programming. You will
get error messages if you attempt to download programs.
2. Real time functions that only apply to an actual CIX (Date, Time of Day, etc.) do not apply to
WinAdmin Off-line programming.
3. When eManager connects to WinCIX Off-line programming, the CIX Release will always show the
WinCIX release number in the System Setup screen and top information bar.
4. Licenses - always show fully licensed processors when viewing the License screen.
WinCIX Minimum PC Requirements
WinCIX must run on the eManager PC so the requirements of the PC are the same as those for WinAdmin.
There are currently four WinCIX executable files. Each WinCIX executable file requires about 15MB of
hard drive space; or they can run from a CD-ROM to save hard drive space.
Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc.
Digital Solutions Division
9740 Irvine Blvd., Irvine, CA 92618-1697 (949) 583-3700
1 of 5