When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed,
including the following:
1. Read all instructions.
2. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
3. To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plugs, or coffee maker in water
or other liquid.
4. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
5. Unplug coffee maker from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before
putting on or taking off parts.
6. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance
malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner. Return appliance to the nearest Authorized
Service Facility for examination, repair or adjustment.
7. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may
8. Do not use outdoors.
9. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
10. Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
11. Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
Coffee Maker Safety