Summary of Contents for Craftsman Mow-N-Vac 486.24505
OWNERS MANUAL CRflFTSMRN ° 5 H.P. MOW-N-VAC Model No. 486.24505 • Safety • Assembly CAUTION: • Before using this product, • Operation read this manual and follow • Maintenance all Safety Rules and • Parts Operating Instructions. Sears, Roebuck and Co., Hoffman Estates, IL 60179 U.S.A. PRINTED IN U.S.A.
Any power equ pment car_ cause injury if Operated improper y or f the user does not understand how to operate the equipment. Exercise caution at all times, when using power equipment. • Check all bolts for tightness at frequent intervals to help •...
DO NOT REMOVE TOP COVER OR ATTEMPTTO EMPTY CONTENTS OF CART WHILE ENGINE IS RUNNING. DO NOT STAND IN FRONT OF EXHAUST DISCHARGE AREA WHILE ENGINE IS RUNNING, EYE PROTECTION SHOULD BE WORN WHEN OPERATING VACUUM. DO NOT REMOVE NOZZLE MUFFLER &...
SHOWN FULLSIZE HARDWARE PACKAGE (Mow-N-Vac Carton) Additional hardware packages shown on pages 6 and 14. Ref. Qty. Description Ref. Qty. Description Hex Bolts, 5/16-18 x 3/4" Hex Nuts, 1/4.20 Thread Hex Bolt, 3/8-16 x 1.0" Hex Lock Nuts, 5/16-18 Thread Hex Bolts, 3/8-16 x 1-1/2"...
_t_, • ,_,f _ Description' •SHOWN FULI;;SI;[IE _ Sit. TrussHd. Bolt,5/16" x 3/4" Lg. Hex Bolt,1/4" x 1/2" Hox Bolt,1/4" x 1-3/4" Hex Nut, 1/4-20 Thread (SEMS) Hex Nut,5/16-18 Thread (SEMS) FlatWasher, 1" CotterPin, 1/8"x 1-1/2' Lg. HubCap SpacerTube, 2" Lg. Bag contains extra 1/4"...
• Position the tailgate reinforcement bracket on outside This unit is shipped WITHOUT GASOLINE or OIL. -After of cart as shown in figure 2. Fasten to the bottom of assembly, see separate engine manual for proper fuel and engine oil recommendations. the cart body using six 5/16"...
• Autimble the front p_mel over the end of the cart • Assefnble the latch stand braCKet to tne cart uslng using six 1/4" x 1/2' hex bolts and 1/4" hex nuts four I/4' x I/2" hex bolts and I/4" hex nuts (SEMS). (SEMS) as shown in figure 4.
Positibn the tongue 0_ _e bottom of the cart as • Assemble the hitch bracket to the drawbar tongue, shown in figure 10. Assemble the axle through the using two 3/8" x 1-1/4" hex bolts, 3/8" lock washers and 3/8" hax nuts. Tighten. See figure 8. wheel supportand the tongue.
Turd the cert right side up to rests on its wheels. • Placea comer cap over each front comer of the cart as shown in figure 13. Place the engine assembly (blower housing to the front) onto the welded angles of the tongue, aligning the holes in the engine base with the holes in the CORNER CAPS welded angles.
• Assemble front panel over the ends of the side panels Install the poly hard tbp over the front and side and on top of the cart bed flange and the comer caps. panels. Fasten it to the panels using fourteen 1/4" x 3/4' hex bolts, 1/4' fiat washem, 1/4' lock washers Leaving the top holes in the front panel empty, fasten it to the cart body and the side panels using six 1/4"...
• .Assemble ==door latch at each end of crom brace using a 5/16" x 3/4" hex bolt, a nylon washer and a 5/16" hex lock nut. Place nylon washer between door DOOR latch and cross brace, Tighten so that latch is snug LATCH but will still rotate, See figure 18.
Assemble the hose adapter (nozzle) intoslots on o; Assemble a hose damp on end of hose and push front of housing and secure to housing with a 5/16" x ..hose onto the hose adapter (nozzle). seeflgure 22. 3/4" hex bolt, a 5/16" lock washer and a 5/16" fiat Secure hose by tightening the screw on hose clamp.
ASSEMBLYOF THE DECK ADAPTER • A hitch plats is furnished lot;tractors having square (straight) hitch frames;to prevent binding of the Mow- (#62468) TO THE TRACTOR AND MOWER N-Veo hitch In tight turns. Assemble as shown in " figure 24. Tapered hitch frames, as shown with dotted lines in figure 24, generally do not require the added hitchpleta.
Position the adapter over the deck opening, and check "_ CAUTION: Mower defl_0r must be for fit of cutout as shown in figure 27. Trim cutout, if necessary, to allow tilting of adapter, keeping the fit as close as possible for best vacuum suction. is removed, Do Not operate mower unless ep aced when Mow-N-Vac deck adapter adapter or deflector is in place and...
FOR 1990 AND NEWER MURRAY • Assemble the a_dapterbracket to the deck using two 5/16" x 1' hex bolts, 5/16" flat washers and 5/16" lock TRACTORS WITH A 38" OR 40" DECK nuts. See figure 29. NOTE: It may be necessary to use extra 5/16" fiat Cut out two templates and place on deck adapter as washers to shim under the bracket next to the deck shown in figure 31.
FOi:i 990 AND NEWER MURRAY TRACTORSWITH A 46" DECK Tape 46" template onto deck adapter, Mark and then cut out adapter, Fasten the angle bracket and the mounting bracket to the mower deck as shown in figure 32. Use two 5/16" x 3/4"...
HOW TO USE YOUR MOW-N-VAC Read this owner's manual and safety rules before operating your Mow-N-Vac. CAUTION: -Vehicle braking and stability & may be affected with the addition of an BEFORE STARTING accessory or an attachment, Be aware of • Your Mow-N-Vac _ngine is shipped without oil or changing conditions on slopes.
CUSTOMER RESPONSIBILITIES • Read and follow the maintenance schedule and the maintenance procedureslisted in this section. M A,NTENANCESCHEOOLE Fill in dates as you Service Dates completeregularservice. _°_ e_,_e_ Checkfor loosefasteners Checksoftvinylboot Checktire pressure Checkeneineoil level Lubricate Clean Maintainermineper instructions b elowand in enoinemanual. BEFOREEACH WARNING: Always stop engine and...
• Clean the engine and the entire unit thoroughly. • Refer to engine manual for correct engine storage instructions. • If storing in an unventilated or metal storage shed, coat metal parts with light oil or silicone to prevent rust. •...
SLOPE GUIDE (Keep thls sheet Ins safe place for future reference.) Use thle gulde to determlne If e slope Is safe for the operstlon of your tractor and Mow*N-Vec. Refer also to the Instructlons In your vehlcle owners manuel, >.OQ lu.
For in-home major brand repair service: Call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week 1-800-4-MY-HOME" (1-800-469-4663) Para pedir servicio de reparaci6n a domicilio - 1-800-676-5811 In Canada for all your service and parts needs call - 1-800-665-4455 Au Canada pour tout le service ou les pibces For the repair or replacement parts you need: Call 7 am - 7 pm, 7 days a week 1-800-366-PART...