Protection _ Objects I
.. LegGuards i_°_
Hazard zone for
can throw objects violently.
be blinded or injured. Keep people
50 feet (15 meters) away.
Do not use trimmer
head as a fastening
device for the
The blade continues
to spin after the throttle is released or,
engine is turned off. The coasting blade
can throw objects or seriously cut if ac-
cidentally touched. Stop the blade by
contacting the right hand side of the
coasting blade with material already cut.
blade by contact
with cut material.
• Dress properly. Always wear safety
glasses or similar eye protection when
operating, or performing maintenance
on your unit. (Safety glasses are
available.) Eye protection should
• Always wear face or dust mask if op-
eration is dusty.
• Always wear heavy, long pants, long
sleeves, boots, and gloves.
safety leg guards is recommended.
• Always wear foot protection.
go barefoot or wear sandals.
• Secure hair above shoulder length.
Secure or remove loose clothing and
jewelry or clothing with loosely hang-
ing ties, straps, tassels, etc. They can
be caught in moving parts.
• Being fully covered also helps protect
you from debris and pieces of toxic
plants thrown by spinning line/blade.
• Stay Alert. Do not operate unit when
you are tired, ill, upset or under influ-
ence of alcohol, drugs, or medication.
Watch what you are doing; use com-
• Wear hearing protection.
• Never start or run the engine inside
a closed room or building. Breathing
exhaust fumes can kill.
• Keep handles free of oil and fuel.
• Always use the handlebar
with a blade (see ASSEMBLY).
the spark plug before per-
• Look for and replace damaged
loose parts before each use. Look
for and repair fuel leaks before use.
Keep unit in good working condition.
• Throw away blades that are bent,
broken, or dam-
aged in any other way. Replace trim-
mer head parts that are cracked,
broken, or damaged
other way before using the unit.
• Maintain unit according to recom-
Keep cutting line at the proper
• Use only Craftsman <_brand replace-
ment line. Never use wire, rope,
• Install required shield properly before
using the unit. Use the metal shield
for all metal blade use. Use the plastic
shield for all line trimmer use.
• Use only specified
blade or trimmer
head; make sure it is properly
stalled and securely fastened.
• Never start engine with clutch
The clutch can fly
off and cause serious