Grill will not light with a match or low heat
with dial set to "High" position.
Flame is erratic
• Is your gas supply fully turned on?
• If this is an L.P. grill is there gas in your tank ?
Check your gas level.
• If this is an L.P. grill, shut off gas supply, dis-
connect gas line at tank, reconnect the line to
• Make sure all the knobs are in the off position,
then open the gas supply valve on the L.P. tank
very slowly 1/4 turn, then open fully (at least
two full turns). Check flame height again.
• Check to insure the gas supply line or hose is
• If only one burner appears low, check and
clean the burner ports if clogged or dirty.
• Check for leaks.
Note - Pre-Heating time can take from 5 to 10
• Check gas connection
- look for kinked hose.
- make sure gas supply valve is fully open.
• Gas level may be low.
• Grill may be in need of cleaning.
• Check flavor grids and cooking grates for
excess food or grease build-up.
• Ensure grill is not placed directly in the path of
• Be sure drip trays are clean, (do not use alu-
minum foil on drip trays.)
Note: Some flare-ups
may be inevitable if
cooking greasy foods.
Burner flame is mostly yellow or orange, pos-
• Check the burner inlet for obstructions.
sibly in conjunction
with smell of gas.
Particularly at air inlets for each burner.
• Grill may be in an area that is too windy.