USING THE REMOTE CONTROL
Remove the battery cover at the
back of the remote control.
Insert batteries in the compartment,
making sure the ± and —
polarities are correctly aligned.
• Lines will be indicated on the dis-
play when batteries are properly
Reinstall the battery cover.
Press the RESET button using a
• The battery life is approximately one year in normal use.
• When you replace the batteries, always change both batteries, and make sure they are the
• If the remote control does not operate properly after replacing the batteries, press the
RESET button using a thin stick.
• If you will not be using the unit for a long time, remove the batteries from the remote
HOW TO USE THE REMOTE CONTROL
Point the remote control towards
the unit's signal receiver window
and press the desired button. The
unit generates a beep when it re-
ceives the signal.
• Make sure there is no curtain or other
object between the remote control and
• The remote control can send signals
from up to 7 metres away.
• Do not allow the signal receiver window to receive strong direct sunlight, since it can adversely
affect its operation. If the signal receiver window is exposed to direct sunlight, close a curtain to
block the light.
• Using a fluorescent lamp with a quick starter in the same room may interfere with transmission of
• The unit can be affected by signals transmitted from the remote control of a television, VCR or
other equipment used in the same room.
• Do not leave the remote control in direct sunlight or near a heater. Also, protect the unit and
remote control from moisture and shock which can discolour or damage them.
Use two size-AAA (R03) batteries.