paper edge guide document edge guide output tray extensions front cover output tray reduce/enlarge thickness lever ink cartridges paper feeder paper support document support top cover cleaning load/eject copy mode control panel power stop copy...
Registering ........6 Using the EPSON Smart Panel ..... . . 7 Copy Utility .
Scanning Text ....... . 63 Configuring EPSON TWAIN ....64 Scanning the Text .
Scanning Text ........89 Configuring EPSON TWAIN ..... . . 90 Working with Your Images in Presto! PageManager .
Uninstalling on a Macintosh ....136 EPSON Technical Support ..... 137 Technical Support for Other Software .
All you have to do is feed in your page and press the copy button. Here’s what you get with your EPSON Stylus Scan 2000: Print resolutions up to 1440 × 720 dpi, for photo-quality color and laser-sharp text even on plain paper EPSON’s unique variable dot Micro Piezo...
EPSON Stylus Scan 2000. It works like any other computer printer. Using your EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 for quick copies is the same as using a photocopy machine: you insert a page, press a few buttons, and out comes your copy.
Make sure you follow all the instructions on your Start Here sheet to set up your EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 and install its software. Before you use it, turn to Chapter 8 in this guide for information about system and location requirements, year 2000 readiness, and safety.
About Your Software Your software is what allows your EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 to print and scan. Make sure you follow the instructions on the Start Here sheet to install the software. The EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 Software CD-ROM contains...
Getting More Information There are lots of ways to get help and instructions for your EPSON Stylus Scan 2000. Besides this book, help utilities and electronic manuals are available on your computer and CD-ROMs. Here’s where you can look for more help:...
Registering Please take a minute to fill out the registration card for your EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 and mail it back to us. This enables you to receive special information on accessories, new products, and upgrades. You’ll get immediate attention if you have a problem with your EPSON Stylus Scan.
You can use the Smart Panel for all types of scanning, as well as high-quality copying and photo printing (Windows only). Make sure you’ve installed your EPSON Smart Panel software, following the instructions on the Start Here sheet. Once it’s installed, you’ll see an...
Copy Utility Click here to make precise adjustments to the size of the output image. Click to make custom settings. You use the control panel on your computer screen to make copies of printed pages or photos, with customized settings for the highest quality.
Scan to E-mail If you have a modem and e-mail service, you can use your EPSON Stylus Scan to send photos or documents. The Smart Panel utility saves the scan in any format you choose, including text. Then you can attach the scanned file to an e-mail and share it with friends or colleagues.
Scan to OCR Optical character recognition, or OCR, converts a scanned image into text that you can edit in a word processing program. The Smart Panel Scan to OCR utility makes it easy for you to do all the steps in this process: If you scanned more than one page, click...
The Photo Print utility gives you an easy way to reprint your favorite pictures in any size you want. You can scan in your photos and then print them on EPSON “snapshot-size” photo paper or cards. Using full-size sheets of photo paper lets you create enlargements or collages combining several prints on one sheet.
Scan to Application After you scan, this utility automatically opens the scanned image in any supported application program on your computer. You can select the program you want to use and the file format for the scanned image, using this window: Welcome Click here to add more...
For instructions on using the Smart Panel features, see the chapter in this manual corresponding to the feature you want. If you need more information, see the Smart Panel User’s Manual. To open it, click Start Programs EPSON Smart Panel Smart Panel User’s Manual Welcome...
1. Click the 2. Select Using PageManager for EPSON Presto! PageManager for EPSON gives you an easy way of scanning on your EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 (Macintosh only). You can scan text and pictures, print them out, keep track of all your scanned files, and work with them in any way you want.
To open PageManager, click the icon in the Presto! PageManager for EPSON folder. You see the PageManager for EPSON desktop: Here are some of the things you can do: Scan in a page or photo, then print out as many copies as you want.
Your electronic Reference Guide is on your EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 Software CD-ROM. You can view it from the CD-ROM or copy it to your hard drive and view it from there. 1. Insert your EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 Software CD-ROM. 2. Double-click the 3. Double-click the 4.
Reading Your Acrobat Manuals To read your electronic manual for EPSON Smart Panel (Windows), Presto! PageManager for EPSON (Macintosh), or any other PDF manuals, you’ll use Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click Start PANEL, SMART PANEL User’s Manual...
When you open an electronic manual, you’ll see this toolbar: note Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 should have been installed when you installed your other EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 software. If not, you With Acrobat Reader, you have several ways to navigate can install it from the through text: CD-ROM.
Copying Copying Copying Copying You can use your EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 like a standalone copier—load paper in the feeder, insert a document into the scanner, then press the turn on your computer. You can use the buttons on the control panel to choose an enlarged or reduced copy, and to set the copy mode.
Copying without Your Computer First make sure you have paper loaded, following the note instructions on the Start Here sheet. Then feed in your page or If your original is very photo, following these steps: thin or fragile, use the protection sheet.
You may not be able to feed a fragile photo or document into the scanner. Before you copy this type of item, place it in the protection sheet that came with your EPSON Stylus Scan 2000. 1. The first time you use the protection sheet, you need to remove the plastic film.
Using the Copy Utility (Windows) The Copy Utility on the EPSON Smart Panel lets you make multiple copies and copy on special ink jet or photo paper. You can also enhance photos, adjust colors, or add a watermark or time stamp to your copies.
Click to make custom settings. 5. Choose the type of paper you’re using from the note The EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 6. Choose one of the following document types: automatically adjusts the ink coverage according to your Media Type setting.
8. When you’re finished selecting copy settings, click the Adjusting the Image Size You can use the Copy Utility to fine-tune the size of the image you copy. If you don’t need to make precise adjustments, or you only want to make small changes to image size, do one of the following: Copying green...
If you want to make more precise adjustments, follow these steps: 1. Click the scale button on the Copy Utility control panel. You see this window: Click and drag to resize your image by an exact percentage. Click to fit your image to a standard page size, or preview it before you resize it.
3. Choose from one of the following resizing options: 4. Click Making Advanced Settings You can automatically enhance your photograph or text, adjust photo layout, apply a blue or sepia tint, and change your image’s brightness, contrast, and saturation. 1. Click 2.
3. To optimize the quality of your copy automatically, select 4. Select the option that best describes your original note 5. If you’re copying a photograph and want to adjust the If Automatic Photo Layout is grayed out, click the left arrow on Automatic Document Enhancement.
7. If you want to produce a monochrome copy, select 8. Choose the tint you want to add to your copy and 9. To adjust the colors in your image, click the 10. Use the sliders to adjust the following settings, then click Copying and click the arrow.
2. If you want to show the printing date on your copy, select Time Stamp 3. To add a watermark, click the arrow on . A message appears asking you to Watermark/Layout choose Layout on the Printer Properties sheet. 4. Click . You see the EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 Properties window: Copying...
5. Click the 6. Select the text you want from the You can also create a custom watermark. See your electronic Reference Guide for instructions. 7. Make any changes you want and click 8. When you’re finished making custom settings, click Copying tab.
Saving Custom Settings You can save your custom settings as a custom document type. When you want to use the same settings again, select your custom document type from the 1. After you’re finished making custom settings, click on the Copy Utility control panel. You see this Settings window: 2.
Using EPSON Personal Copy (Macintosh) If you’re working on a Macintosh, you can use EPSON Personal Copy to make multiple copies and get better quality on special ink jet paper. Make sure the software is installed and your printer is set up, connected to your computer, and turned on.
360 dpi Plain Paper Draft (fastest) 360 dpi Plain Paper Proof 720 dpi Plain Paper (highest quality) If you’re using special EPSON paper, choose the Media Type according to the list on page 49. 8. Click the arrows beside Copies copies you want.
You can adjust the size of your copy by clicking the button and then resizing the frame around the PRINTER preview image. button. The screen Click here to see how your printed copy will look.
8. Click the tab to display color adjustment SETTINGS button to see how your copy will look PRINTER button to return to your original SCANNER button to return to the default RESET button to begin copying.
Printing Printing Printing Printing with your EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 is a lot like using any other printer. You can click the from the menu) in any Windows or Macintosh program. To reprint photographs, you can use Photo Print in the EPSON Smart Panel (Windows only).
Handling Paper How can you get the best-looking photos, most vivid colors, and sharpest text? Always use EPSON’s special ink jet papers. To load paper, slide out the edge guide and place the stack of paper against the right side of the feeder. Then slide the edge guide against the paper.
After you print, fold the paper back and forth along the perforations and carefully tear off the margins. See the inside back cover for a list of EPSON papers and ordering information. For complete instructions on using all of EPSON’s special ink jet papers, see the electronic EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 Reference Guide.
For example, let’s say you’re printing a flyer created in Adobe PhotoDeluxe Business Edition. Before you start, make sure your printer is set up, connected to your computer, turned on, and the software is installed. See the Start Here sheet for instructions.
Stylus Scan 2000 Properties window: This box shows you the current settings. Click Setup... make sure your printer is selected... button, you see the EPSON Properties Make sure this setting matches the paper you’re using. Choose color, unless you’re printing in black only.
3. Choose the settings shown on page 41. If you’re not sure 4. Click the note Click the Help button for more information about any of these settings. Or use the electronic EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 Reference Guide. See page 16 for instructions on viewing it. 5. Click the Printing which Media Type to choose, see page 49.
Click to display or close Epson Printing Tips below. For more information on printing, see the electronic EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 Reference Guide. Basic Printing on a Macintosh You can print any type of document from any Macintosh program, following the steps in this section. For example, let’s say you’re printing a flyer created in Adobe PhotoDeluxe.
Setup window like this: Paper Size setting settings. Then click button or open the File menu and choose Print . You see the main printer settings window: Print Make sure this setting matches the paper you’re using. Choose between faster printing or better quality.
Ink icon to check your ink levels. 7. Click to start printing. If you turned on background Print printing, you see the EPSON Monitor3 window as shown below. You can cancel , pause print job as necessary. For more information on printing, see the electronic EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 Reference Guide.
1. Follow the instructions in the previous section to open your 2. Select the Media Type setting for your paper and choose Printing your EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 Properties window (Windows) or print options (Macintosh). choose the Ink setting.
(recommended for Windows 98 only). (Macintosh only): Automatically adjusts ColorSync printout colors to closely match the colors on your screen. twice (Windows) or click Print EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 Properties window (Windows) or print options (Macintosh). choose Ink. Color Black Custom (Macintosh).
3. Click the Windows 4. Choose a Print Quality (resolution) setting. 5. Select a color management system (the availability depends After you customize your print settings, you can 6. Select any other settings you need to change, then: save them as a group. Then you can reuse them whenever you print a similar project.
EPSON Photo Stickers EPSON Ink Jet Transparencies If any paper you buy comes with a cleaning sheet, don’t use the cleaning sheet with your EPSON Stylus Scan; it may jam inside the printer. Using Photo Print The easiest way to print photographs is to use Photo Print on the EPSON Smart Panel (Windows only).
First, make sure your printer is set up, connected to your computer, turned on, and the software is installed. Then follow the instructions under “Scanning in Your Photos” below, or “Opening Images on Your Computer” on page 52. Scanning in Your Photos 1.
4. Insert your photo into the scanner as shown. Make sure the edge guides touch the sides of your photo, then feed it in until you feel a tug. edge guides Insert your photo face down, with the bottom edge going in first. See page 20 for more information about inserting photos in the scanner (including fragile or valuable photos).
6. If you want to scan more photos, click For a closer look, double-click an image to open it in the Image Viewer window. See page 75 for more information. 7. If you’re not happy with an image, you can click the Back Then continue with the steps in “Printing Your Photos”...
Printing Your Photos You can choose to print one copy of all the scanned or opened images, or you can set the number of prints for each image. If you click Select All Continue with step 1 on page 54. If you click Specify number of prints image, and then use the up and down arrows to set the...
. You see the Layout window: Finish You can choose from three different paper sizes: A6, for printing on EPSON Photo Quality Ink Jet Cards (or similar paper) 4 × 6, for printing on Photo Paper Letter, for plain paper or any type of letter-size special...
You see several layout choices, depending on which paper you’re using. If you click following: This tells you the number of sheets to load for the layout shown. 2. Click the layout that you want to use for printing. On a letter-size sheet, for example, you can have 1, 2, 3, 6, or 8 prints per page, depending on the size print you want.
Choose Photo Quality Ink Jet Paper Photo Quality Ink Jet Cards. For a list of EPSON papers and the corresponding Media Type settings, see page 49. For complete instructions on using all of EPSON’s special ink jet papers, see the electronic EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 Reference Guide.
Choose from the following settings: , which automatically crops and Standard trimming enlarges your photo slightly to fit the layout, or apply trimming If you choose Standard trimming, you can select , and then select with cutting guide border Choose Auto Photo Enhance and sharpness), Single color...
Scanning with Windows Scanning with Windows Scanning with EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 lets you turn pictures and text into digital files on your computer. Then you can fax or e-mail the files, display them on your web site, or use them to create all kinds of projects that you can print out.
The first time you scan with your EPSON Stylus Scan 2000, you’ll also need to select it as your TWAIN source. Starting Your Scan Before you scan, make sure your scanning software is installed and your EPSON Stylus Scan is set up, connected to your computer, and turned on.
5. From the File menu, choose EPSON TWAIN window opens: tabs 6. If you’re scanning a photograph, click the you’re scanning text or a line drawing, click the 7. Choose one of the Quality settings: Import tab. for a quick scan Draft &...
8. Choose the Resolution setting: 9. Choose your Continue with the steps in the next section if you’re scanning a photo, or the steps on page 63 if you’re scanning text or line art. Scanning a Photo Follow these steps if you’re scanning a photograph or a photo on a printed page: 1.
5. If you want to crop the image, or scan only one section, click and drag on the preview image to select the part you want. You see an outline around your selection, as shown on the left. You can click and drag the outline to move it around or change its size.
4. When your preview looks good, click the If you want to edit the text on your computer, you need to perform OCR (optical character recognition). See page 65 for instructions on scanning to OCR with the EPSON Smart Panel. Configuring EPSON TWAIN 1.
4. Select if you want to match the colors on your ICM/sRGB screen as closely as possible (recommended for Windows 98 only). 5. Click to save your configuration settings. Scanning to OCR OCR (optical character recognition) is the process of converting a scanned image into text that you can edit in a word processing program.
3. Click 4. Click the note If you’re an advanced 5. Choose one of the following Scan Mode buttons: user and want more control over your settings, click the TWAIN button. See page 63 for information about using the TWAIN settings.
9. Press the red button on the EPSON Stop/Clear Stylus Scan control panel and remove your original document. If you’re scanning more than one page, a box will appear on your screen after the first page comes out. Click to scan more pages or to go on to the next step.
: Aligns all text into one column Force Single Column Draft Mode Dot Matrix scanning was printed on a dot matrix printer. to have the software Straighten Image automatically correct crooked scans and improve the accuracy of the text.
7. Click on the text in the large window and correct or edit it as necessary. The small window at the bottom shows an enlarged view of the original scanned image at the current cursor position. 8. When you’re done editing the text, click the You see the Export window: You can either save the text file or open it in a word processing program for further editing.
2. Type a name and choose one of the following file types: 3. Click the 4. Under Output Method, choose one of the following: 5. Click the Scanning with Windows : For files that you can open and edit Text Document with any text editor (unformatted).
Opening a Word Processing Program 1. Click in the Export window. You see a window like Open this: The software automatically detects the programs that can open the scanned file(s). 2. Select the program you want to use, then click the button.
Scanning to E-mail If you have a modem, Internet service, and e-mail application, note you can easily share photos and other images. After you scan the Before you can scan to image, your software can convert it to a variety of file formats e-mail, you need to for easy viewing.
For images that will be displayed on the Screen: Internet or viewed on the screen only For text or images that will be Printer (Normal): printed normally For photographs or other images that Printer (Fine): will be printed at the highest quality or resolution...
When you’re satisfied that the settings are correct, continue with the steps in the next section. button. Your document goes into the Scan scanner, and then comes out slowly as it is scanned. button on the EPSON Stop/Clear Stylus Scan control panel and remove your original document. Scan...
If you’re scanning more than one image, a box will appear on your screen after the first image is scanned. Click to scan more pages or Continue next step. When scanning is completed, you see a window like this: 3. For a closer look, double-click any image to display it in the Image Viewer window.
6. Under File Type, choose a file format for your scanned 7. Click note If you use AOL or another e-mail program that is not supported, you can still scan a page or photo and attach it to an e-mail. Use Scan to Application, as described on page 79.
Scanning for Creativity makes these projects simple by automatically opening the PhotoDeluxe program that came with your EPSON Stylus Scan. Before you start, make sure you have your PhotoDeluxe CD-ROM handy so you can insert it when requested.
5. Click the project you want to create, for example, note Once PhotoDeluxe is open, you can use all of its features to edit and 6. Click the enhance your photo, add text and special effects, or create many types of projects.
Make sure you have your PhotoDeluxe CD-ROM handy so you can insert it when requested. 8. When you’re finished working and you exit PhotoDeluxe, click to close Scan for Creativity, or click one of the Exit other buttons to continue. Scanning to Application For complete flexibility, Smart Panel lets you scan and send your scanned files to any supported application program on...
5. For a closer look, double-click any image to display it in the 6. Click Registered applications appear here. note 7. Click the application you want to use, then click the If your application can only open one file at a time and you have more than one, you’ll have a chance to save the rest of...
The image(s) are automatically converted to the default format for that application. If you want to change the default, you can use the Application Properties window. See page 83 for instructions. 8. When you’re finished working and you exit the application, click to close Scan to Application, or click one of the Exit...
3. Select the .exe file that launches the application, then click 4. Select the icon you want to display in the Scan To 5. Select the file format for scans opened in the application 6. When you’ve made all your choices, click Scanning with Windows .
Removing Applications or Changing Properties You can remove programs that you don’t want to appear in the Scan to Application window, or change the default format for each program’s files. 1. In the Launch window, click the a window like this: 2.
Starting Your Scan Before you begin, make sure the software is installed and your EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 is set up, connected to your computer, and turned on. 1. Adjust the edge guides to fit the width of your page or...
“Getting a Photo into PhotoDeluxe” in the Getting Started Guide on your Adobe PhotoDeluxe CD-ROM. Choose EPSON Stylus Scan SF for your scanner source. 3. From the File menu, choose 4. Click the 5. Click the Scanning on a Macintosh...
The EPSON TWAIN window opens: tabs 6. If you’re scanning a photograph, click the If you’re scanning text or a line drawing, click the OCR/Line Art 7. Choose one of the Quality settings: 8. Choose the Resolution setting: Higher resolutions create larger files that take longer to print and process.
9. Choose your Continue with the steps in the next section if you’re scanning a photo, or the steps on page 89 if you’re scanning text. Scanning a Photo Follow these steps if you’re scanning a photograph or a photo on a printed page: 1.
7. Click the scanner again and comes out slowly as it is scanned. Your file is saved in the PageManager Inbox. Close the EPSON TWAIN window so you can continue working with your file in PageManager. Scanning Text 1. Start your scan as described on page 85.
Your page goes into the scanner again and comes out slowly as it is scanned. Your file is saved in the PageManager Inbox. Close the EPSON TWAIN window so you can continue working with your file in PageManager. button on the TWAIN window.
4. Select ColorSync for matching the colors on your screen as closely as possible. 5. Click Working with Your Images in Presto! PageManager Your PageManager software lets you perform a variety of tasks from one convenient desktop. Once you’ve scanned an image to your PageManager Inbox, printing, faxing, or e-mailing it is as easy as dragging it to one of the icons on your Application Bar.
You must have a modem, and you must have installed a utility that lets you send faxes. If you have an external modem, it must be turned on. See page 102 for details about faxing with your EPSON Stylus Scan. Drag your thumbnail to the Printer See Chapter 2 for details about printing.
note You must close your image before you can drag it to an application on the Application Bar. Performing OCR on a Text Image Follow these steps to turn your scanned text image into a document that you can edit: 1.
You can use the scan buttons in Presto! PageManager to scan directly to an application or utility (for example, your e-mail or fax software, or an application like PhotoDeluxe) without opening the EPSON TWAIN window and without using the PageManager Inbox or desktop. Scanning on a Macintosh tab.
Follow these steps to add scan buttons or change settings: selected in the Chooser to the printer button. 1. From the PageManager File menu, select 2. If necessary, click the Click here only if you won’t need...
Scan Buttons Palette. You see a progress meter indicating that the EPSON Stylus Scan is scanning. If you suppressed EPSON TWAIN, your application or utility starts immediately. Now you’re ready to e-mail, print, fax, edit your text document, or continue working with your scanned photo in a program like PhotoDeluxe.
Faxing If you have a modem, you can send and receive faxes with your EPSON Stylus Scan 2000. You can fax anything that you can scan in or create on your computer. Depending on your system, you’ll use different utilities and...
Receiving Faxes note When you install your EPSON Stylus Scan software, your fax If you have only one system is set to receive faxes automatically. You can continue phone line for your working on your computer while your faxes are received in the modem and telephone, background.
Click the button to open the Scan to OCR window and turn the fax into a text file. See page 65 for more information. Click the button to delete the fax file. Delete 3. Click to close the Receive Log window. Close Customizing Scan to Fax You can add (or change) header information that appears at the...
6. Enter fax numbers for up to 10 speed-dial buttons. These 7. Click Faxing on a Macintosh note To fax with your EPSON Stylus Scan, you use Presto! You can use your fax PageManager and a utility program like FAXstf that lets you utility alone to fax send and receive faxes through your modem.
2. Double-click Presto! PageManager PageManager for EPSON see the PageManager for EPSON desktop: Fax button 3. If you haven’t selected Stylus Scan SF as your TWAIN source yet, follow the instruction on page 86 to select it. 4. Click the Preferences 5.
And if you want to send faxes as well as receive them, you can domain. sign up for eFax Plus. eFax works in both 1. Insert the EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 CD-ROM in your Windows and Macintosh 2. If you’re using Windows, double-click environments.
6. If you want to sign up for eFax Plus or eFax Toll-Free, click 7. Close the sign-up document when you’re finished. Share your fax number with others and print it on your business cards. Faxes will arrive as attachments to your e-mail messages. To read them, just open the attachments.
EPSON Stylus Scan EPSON Stylus Scan This chapter describes the most common maintenance procedures you’ll need to perform to keep your EPSON Stylus Scan working at its best. For more details, see your electronic Reference Guide. You’ll find instructions in this chapter for the following:...
Maintaining Your EPSON Stylus Scan Using the Head Cleaning Utility 1. Make sure the EPSON Stylus Scan is turned on but not printing, and the B black and A color ink out lights are off. 2. Do one of the following:...
4. Run a Nozzle Check, examine the check pattern, and respond as described below. Running a Nozzle Check 1. Make sure the EPSON Stylus Scan is turned on but not printing, and the B black and A color ink out lights are off. 2. Do one of the following:...
If you don’t see any improvement after cleaning four or five times, turn the printer off, wait until the next day, and run the cleaning cycle again. If quality still doesn’t improve, one or both of your ink cartridges may be old or damaged, and you may need to replace them.
(800) 873-7766 (U.S. sales only). In Canada, please call (800) 873-7766 for dealer referral. caution Use these EPSON ink cartridges within six months of installing To ensure good results, them and before the expiration date on the package: use genuine EPSON cartridges and do not refill them.
1. Follow steps 1 through 4 on pages 112 and 113. 2. Pull up the black ink cartridge clamp. The cartridge rises up from its holder. 3. Lift the cartridge out of the printer and dispose of it carefully.
A color ink out light is flashing or on: 1. Prepare your new ink cartridge for installation as described 2. Make sure the printer is turned on and not printing. Then facing up and toward the back of the printer. Don’t press down on the cartridge.
5 minutes. Maintaining Your EPSON Stylus Scan 3. Press the E load/eject button and hold it down for about three seconds until the print head moves to the color cartridge replacement position. The Ppower light begins flashing.
Transporting the EPSON Stylus Scan For short moves, you can just pick up the EPSON Stylus Scan and set it down. For longer moves, you need to repack it in the original box. 1. Press the Ppower button to turn the printer off. Then unplug the power cord and remove the interface cable.
(Windows only). It may also be helpful to try running a printer check; see page 121 for instructions. Checking the Control Panel Lights black ink out light color ink out light First see “Diagnosing Printer Problems”...
Solving Problems The EPSON Stylus Scan is on and ready. It flashes when the printer is receiving a file, warming up, printing, scanning, copying, or in cartridge change mode. Paper is jammed in the feeder. Remove the paper and reload it.
You can run a printer check to determine whether the problem comes from the EPSON Stylus Scan or your computer. 1. Make sure both the EPSON Stylus Scan and your computer are turned off. 2. Disconnect the interface cable from the EPSON Stylus Scan.
Problems and Solutions Here are some basic troubleshooting tips if you have any problems setting up your EPSON Stylus Scan, installing software, or getting good quality printouts or scanned images. Since copying involves both printing and scanning, look for copy problems in both “Solving Printing and Copying Problems”...
® drive, your EPSON Stylus Scan doesn’t work. The EPSON Stylus Scan is not designed to work on this type of port. You must remove the Zip drive and connect it to a different port. (You may need to install a second parallel port.) .
Do not use a switch box. You can also connect the EPSON Stylus Scan to your USB port (Windows 98 only). After you use your EPSON Stylus Scan with a parallel connection, your Zip drive doesn’t work when you reconnect it to the same parallel port.
Your printer is performing routine maintenance. Run a printer check as described on page 121. If you ran a printer check successfully, make sure your printer and application software are installed correctly. If you’re...
Solving Print Quality Problems You see horizontal banding. Solving Problems Make sure the print head nozzles are not clogged. To run a cleaning cycle, see page 107. Make sure the Media Type setting matches the paper you loaded. See page 49 for guidelines. Make sure the printable side of the paper is face up.
You see vertical banding or misalignment. Make sure the print head nozzles are not clogged. To run a cleaning cycle, see page 107. Run the Print Head Alignment utility. See page 117 for instructions. Make sure the printable side of the paper is face up. It is usually whiter or shinier.
Make sure your Media Type setting matches the paper you’re using. See page 49 for guidelines. For the best printouts, use EPSON papers and other media. Solving Problems Make sure your paper isn’t damp, curled, or loaded face down (the printable side should be loaded face up).
If ink has leaked inside, wipe it with a soft, clean cloth: Wipe here. Your printout is faint or has gaps in the image. Make sure the print head nozzles are not clogged. To run a cleaning cycle, see page 107. Check the ink out lights.
Reference Guide. Make sure the interface cable is connected securely at both ends. Make sure your EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 is selected in the Chooser (Macintosh), as the current printer in your application, or as the Windows default printer. Make sure there aren’t any stalled print jobs. If there are, delete them and then try printing again.
Solving Problems with Paper Feeding If your EPSON Stylus Scan doesn’t feed paper, feeds multiple pages, or paper is jammed, remove and replace the stack of paper, then press the E load/eject button. Make sure of the following: Paper isn’t old, creased, damp, or too thin.
Make sure your document feeds in evenly. If not, press the button and try again. Cancel If a document is stuck, close your application program and turn off the EPSON Stylus Scan. Then open the top cover and remove the page or photo.
You see one of these messages: Cannot find the scanner on the bus (Macintosh) or Scanner not ready (Windows). Make sure your EPSON Stylus Scan is turned on and securely connected to your computer or USB hub. Make sure your EPSON Stylus Scan is selected in the Chooser (Macintosh).
If you’re using EPSON Personal Copy (Macintosh only), make sure you have selected SS 2000 Make sure your EPSON Stylus Scan is turned on, and the interface cable is securely connected at both ends. Try restarting your computer. Make sure you turn on your EPSON Stylus Scan before you turn on your computer.
If you’re using the protection sheet, make sure it isn’t dirty or worn out. Uninstalling Printer Software If you need to uninstall your printer software, follow the steps for your operating system and type of connection: Uninstalling in Windows (USB Connection) 1.
6. After uninstall is complete, restart your computer. To reinstall your software, follow the instructions on your Start Here sheet. Uninstalling on a Macintosh 1. Insert your EPSON Stylus Scan 2000 CD-ROM in your 2. Double-click the 3. Click the arrow next to 4. Click the 5.
Where To Get Help If you need help with your EPSON Stylus Scan or its drivers, see the contact information below. For help with the EPSON Smart Panel, PageManager, WinFax, eFax, or Adobe PhotoDeluxe, see page 138 for contact information.
(U.S. sales only). In Canada, please call (800) 873-7766 for dealer referral Technical Support for Other Software If you need help with your EPSON Stylus Scan software, please use the contact information listed below: Software Website EPSON www.newsoftinc.com...
Available USB port or hub connection, with shielded USB “AB” interface cable, from Series A (computer) to Series B (EPSON Stylus Scan), up to 6.5 feet (2 m) long A high-speed, bidirectional, IEEE-1284-compliant parallel cable (6 to 10 feet long); the cable must have a D-SUB, 25-pin, male connector for your computer and a 36-pin, ®...
“AB” interface cable, from Series A (computer) to Series B (EPSON Stylus Scan), up to 6.5 feet (2 m) long Place the EPSON Stylus Scan on a flat, stable surface that extends beyond the base in all directions. The EPSON Stylus Scan will not operate correctly if it is tilted or at an angle.
If you use an extension cord with the EPSON Stylus Scan, make sure the total ampere rating of the devices plugged into the extension cord does not exceed the cord’s ampere rating. Also, make sure the total ampere rating of all devices plugged into the wall outlet does not exceed the wall outlet’s ampere rating.
Do not shake an ink cartridge; this can cause leakage. Do not move the print head by hand; otherwise you may damage the printer. Before transporting the EPSON Stylus Scan, make sure the print head is capped in the far right position and the ink cartridges are in place.
FCC Compliance Statement This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
You must provide a credit card number to secure the cost of the replacement unit in the event that you fail to return the original product. If your product is being repaired, Epson will direct you where to send the unit.
Blurry printouts, 128 to 129 Browser, electronic Reference Guide, 17 Buttons, control panel, 20 Cable requirements, 139, 140 Cleaning EPSON Stylus Scan, 117 to 118 print head, 107 to 110 Cleaning cycle, running, 107 to 110 Color management settings, 47 Color settings...
ENERGY STAR, 141 Envelopes, 39 to 40 EPSON Accessories, 138 help, 137 to 138 papers, 49 EPSON Personal Copy, see Personal Copy EPSON Smart Panel, see Smart Panel EPSON Stylus Scan cleaning, 117 to 118 special features, 3 transporting, 118...
Photo Print, 55 to 56 for printing, 41, 44 guidelines, 49 Monotone Conversion, 27 to 28 Moving the EPSON Stylus Scan, 118 Multiple pages, scanning, 66, 74 Nozzle Check, running, 109 to 110 OCR (optical character recognition), 65 to 72, 93...
Reduce/enlarge button, 20 Reduce/enlarge light, 20 Reference Guide, electronic, 16 to 18 Registering applications, 81 to 82 Registering EPSON Stylus Scan, 6 Resizing copies, 24 to 26, 32 to 34 Resolution, scanning, 62, 87 RTF (Rich Text Format), 70, 76...
Safety instructions, 141 to 143 Scaling copies, 24 to 26, 32 to 34 Scan for Creativity, 77 to 79 Scan Material setting, 73 Scan Mode setting, 66, 73 Scan to Application, 79 to 83 Scan to E-mail saving file, 75 to 76 supported programs, 76 using, 72 to 77 Scan to Fax...
Thickness lever, 40, 128 Thin original, copying, 21 Threshold setting, 63 to 64, 89 to 90, 133 Time stamps, copying with, 29 to 30 Transporting the EPSON Stylus Scan, 118 Troubleshooting, 119 to 138 TWAIN Auto Exposure button, 63, 88...
How to Order EPSON Ink and Paper To order EPSON ink cartridges, paper, and other printing media, contact your dealer or call EPSON Accessories at (800) 873-7766 or visit our web site at www.epsonsupplies.com (U.S. sales only). In Canada, please call (800) 873-7766 for dealer referral.