IBM Remote Supervisor
Adapter II SlimLine
This document provides the instructions necessary to configure BIOS, install the daemon, and install the
firmware for the IBM
installation, refer to the IBM Remote Supervisor Adapter II SlimLine documentation CD for the User's
Obtaining the daemon and firmware files
To locate the daemon and firmware files along with the associated Readme instructions, go to the Web
address that corresponds to your server:
Table 1. Support Web site for each server
ThinkServer TD100 and
You will need these files to complete the "Installing the daemon and firmware files" on page 2 procedure.
Configuring the server BIOS
The server BIOS must be configured prior to installing the daemon and update for your operating
system. Follow these steps to configure the BIOS.
1. Turn on the server.
2. To enter the Configuration/Setup Utility, turn on the server and press the F1 key when prompted
during the power-on procedure.
3. If the RSA II adapter is physically installed correctly, there will be an RSA II Settings option on the
first Configuration/Setup Utility screen. If the RSA II Settings option is not displayed on the first
screen, look under Advanced Setup. Select this option and press Enter.
4. At the DHCP Control field, select the correct field for your network settings from the following
v Try DHCP then use static IP
v Use static IP configuration
v DHCP enabled
5. At the OS USB Selection field, use the left and right arrow keys to select Other OS for a server
running a Microsoft
6. Select Save Values and Reboot RSA II and press Enter. A pop-up window indicates that the RSA II
settings have been saved. Press Enter to close this window.
7. Return to the Configuration/Setup Utility window and select Save Settings and press Enter.
8. Press Enter on the confirmation pop-up window; then, select Exit Setup and press Enter. Press Enter
again to confirm exiting system setup.
9. The adapter is now properly configured for your operating system and the server will automatically
reboot. Proceed with the installation of the operating system and refer to "Installing the daemon and
firmware files" on page 2 when you are ready to install.
Remote Supervisor Adapter II SlimLine on your server. After you complete the
operating system or Linux for a server running a Linux operating
(1P) P/N: 54Y6198