Digital TV Recorder Model HDR082 Instruction manual To obtain the best performance and ensure years of trouble-free use. please read this instruction manual completely.
INDEX IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS..................................2 SOME DOS AND DON'TS ON THE SAFE USE OF EQUIPMENT........................ 6 POWER CORD (MAINS LEAD) ..................................7 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS ....................................7 FUNCTIONS ........................................8 CONTENTS OF PACKAGING..................................9 REMOTE CONTROL ..................................... 10 GETTING STARTED ..................................... 10 FRONT AND BACK PANEL ..................................
IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS CAUTION: Please read all of these instructions before you operate this product and save these instructions for later use. Electrical energy can perform many useful functions. This product has been engineered and manufactured to assure your personal safety. BUT IMPROPER USE CAN RESULT IN POTENTIAL ELECTRICAL SHOCK OR FIRE HAZARDS.
13. Ventilation Slots and openings in the cabinet are provided for ventilation to ensure reliable operation of the product and to protect it from overheating, and these openings must not be blocked or covered. The openings should never be blocked by placing the product on a bed, sofa, rug, or other similar surface. This product should not be placed in a built-in installation such as a bookcase or rack unless proper ventilation is provided or the manufacturer’s instructions have been adhered to.
• PC/AT is a registered trademark of International Business Machines Corporation in the United States. • Macintosh® is a registered trademark of Apple Computer, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. • All other company or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
WARNING This symbol on the product or in the instructions means that your electrical and electronic equipment should be disposed at the end of life separately from your household waste. There are separate collection systems for recycling in the EU. For more information, please contact the local authority or your retailer where you purchased the product.
SOME DOS AND DON'TS ON THE SAFE USE OF EQUIPMENT This equipment has been designed and manufactured to meet international safety standards but, like any electrical equipment, care must be taken if you are to obtain the best results and safety is to be assured.
POWER CORD (MAINS LEAD) Do not place the product where a piece of furniture or other heavy object could trap the power cord (mains lead). Handle the power cord by the plug. Do not pull out the plug by tugging the cord and never touch the power cord when your hands are wet as this could cause a short circuit or electric shock.
• To prevent electric shock, do not remove any cover. • If anything goes wrong, don't try and fix it yourself, get a qualified service agent to look at it. • Do not expose this equipment to dripping or splashing or place any objects filled with liquids, such as vases, on the equipment.
INTRODUCTION Thank you for purchasing this product. It will give you good service if you take note of all safety notices and recommendations. Contents supplied : DIGITAL TV RECORDER INSTRUCTION BOOK QUICK SETUP GUIDE Remote controller Batteries RC 1101 2 x AAA RF CABLE SCART CABLE...
REMOTE CONTROL 1. Press the mark on the cover and slide it in the direction of the arrow. 2. Insert the batteries making sure the polarities correctly match the + and - marks inside the battery compartment. 3. Attach the cover and slide it until it clicks into place. Incorrect use of the batteries may cause them to leak or explode.
FRONT AND BACK PANEL FRONT PANEL BACK PANEL DO NOT REMOVE AUX SCART LEFT ANTENNA 1 ANTENNA 2 RS 232 OPTICAL OUT ANTENNA 1 ANTENNA 2 TV SCART RIGHT CVBS 1. AERIAL 2 IN Loop through 2. AERIAL 2 OUT To watch analogue channels on the TV 3.
CONNECTION DIAGRAMS NOTE: This set top box supports Free To View only. There is no provision for a CAM or Pay To View card.
REMOTE CONTROL & FUNCTIONS LIB. TIMERS GUIDE INFO TEXT BACK PQRS WXYZ MENU FAV. SUBT. WIDE PIP- PIP+ SWAP...
USING THE CONTROLS ON THE FRONT PANEL You can enter the main menu by pressing the menu button on the front of the unit. Then navigate through the menus with the four arrow buttons on the front of the unit and make a selection with the OK button.
MENU INTERFACE FIRST TIME INSTALLATION When the box is switched on from stand-by mode and if there is no channel stored in the database, First Time Installation Menu window is displayed on the screen. In this window, set the TV type with “...
1.1. NAVIGATING CHANNEL LIST In the channel table “ / ” moves the selection to the previous or next .To exit menu and watch a specific channel highlight it using, “ / ” then press OK key while the "SELECT" option at the bottom of the screen is highlighted.
2. PROGRAMME GUIDE (7 DAYS EPG) Electronic Program Guide appears on the screen. It is able to get Information of the channel - programs weekly by means of 7- DAY–EPG. All programs of channels are displayed. current program highlighted and there is brief information about the programs of the channel, such name, short/extended...
2.1.1. SELECT CHANNEL In EPG menu, using this option, you can switch to channel of the programme that is selected. 2.1.2. RECORD / DELETE TIMER In EPG menu, after you have selected a programme, press the OK button and select the “Record” option in the menu which appears and press the OK button again.
2.1.6. SPLIT RECORD If you select a programme to be recorded, with this feature, if there is another part of the programme available, it will also be set automatically to be recorded. For example in the following picture you see the programme with a red underline, which following episode is also underlined.
NOTE: If there is still a conflict and you leave this menu by pressing the OK button, you will see this warning message: “There are still conflicts!”. In timer menu, you can see this conflict as the picture below. A warning triangle will appear nearby the programmes which cause a conflict. These programmes will be recorded particularly or not.
To add a Timer press YELLOW button on the remote and the, “Add Timer “ windows appears. Channel: “3/4” keys will navigate the user through the TV or Radio list. Date: By using either “3/4” or “0,1,2…,9” keys start date is entered. Start: By using either “3/4”...
Red bar: indicates the used space of the recordings on the hard disk. Yellow bar: displays the approximate capacity required for the timers currently set. Green bar: shows the free space on the hard disk. 4.1. PLAY OPTIONS 4.1.1. PLAY FROM START Plays the recording from the beginning.
EDIT RECORDINGS While the “Edit recordings” option is highlighted, using the 3/4” buttons come to the list of recordings on the right of this menu. Select one of them, which should be archived and press the OK button. You will come to the following menu: Here, only the “Start recording at”...
DURATION: Set the duration of the appeareance of the “Edit recording title” menu main title on the screen. If you press the Menu button during playback, you will enter the “Chapter options and in this menu, you could set any point as a chapter. So, the user is be able to skip frames which should not be archived.
5. SETUP The adjustments in this menu are: 5.1. RECORDINGS The internal hard drive can store up to 80 hours of digital TV broadcast (depending on the data rate of the recorded programme, which is set automatically by the broadcaster). Because the PVR has a Twin Tuner it is possible to record two events and watch two programmes at the same time.
Unplayed: If this option is set to "EXCLUDED" any unplayed recordings will NOT be deleted. If this option is set to "INCLUDED", unplayed recordings WILL be deleted. 5.1.3. FORMAT DISK On rare occasions the Hard Disk may malfunction, in most cases formatting the Hard Disk will restore normal operation however ALL the data stored on the Hard Disk will be lost.
Recording Format HDD recording is done using the variable bit rate format (VBR) for more efficient recording. The following phenomena may occur. With the variable bit rate format, the remaining amount which can be recorded may increase or decrease relative to the display of the remaining amount of HDD space. •...
5.2. CONFIGURATION You can configure the settings of your box. Select Configuration from Setup menu and press OK to enter this menu. Press the BACK button on the remote to exit. 5.2.1. TV TYPE Digital terrestrial television channels broadcast programmes in a widescreen format which must be output differently normal...
5.2.7. RECEIVER UPGRADE - OAD Over Air Download (OAD): To ensure that your STB always has the most up todate information. Please ensure that after use it is set to its standby mode. The automatically powers up at 3.00 A.M. each day and searches for any new information which may be broadcast and will download this to your receiver automatically.
5.3. LANGUAGE In this menu the user can adjust the preferred language. Language is changed by pressing OK key. Menu: shows the language of the system Preferred These settings will be used if available. Otherwise the current settings will be used. Audio: by pressing “...
5.4.3. FIRST TIME INSTALLATION Use this option to load default settings, which had been set at the factory. To install factory settings, highlight ‘First Time Installation’ menu and press OK key, then you will be asked to confirm deleting all channels and settings.
Current event name next event name, and their start and end times. Program duration bar Program mode (TV or Radio) Channel number Name of the channel The second press of the info button brings up a box containing a brief description of the currently viewed programme.
SWAP Main window and PIP window change their places. TIME SHIFTING (PAUSE LIVE RECORDING) Pause Live Recording is a feature that enables you to pause a live broadcast if, say the phone rings you can go back to the same spot that you were at when you left.
WIDE TV sets are available with screens of the standard (4:3) format and widescreen (16:9) format. When you first installed your receiver you specified the format of the connected TV (this can now be altered if necessary; see Configuration)Digital terrestrial television broadcasts are also made in both standard and widescreen formats.
9. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS Supply Voltage 220 - 240VAC ~ 50Hz Input Frequency 470Mhz - 862Mhz Maximum Power consumption Standby Power Consumption Operating temperature 5ºC to +45ºC Storage temperature -15ºC to +55ºC Humidity 25 to 75% rel Physical dimensions 360x280x48 mm Weight 2820g...
REMOTE CONTROL Operating Distance 10m Max. Batteries 2x1.5V Micro (R-03/AAA) TUNERS 2 xRF In IEC-type, female (75 Ohm) 2 x RF Out (loop through) IEC-type, male (75 Ohm) HARD DISK Hard Disk capacity 80GB FRONT PANEL Display Standby ON/OFF, Menu, Record, Pause, OK, Front Panel Controls Menu Up/Down/Left/Right.
10. Product Guarantee This product is guaranteed against manufacturing defects for a period of 1 Year This does not cover the product where the fault is due to misuse, abuse, use in contravention of the instructions, or where the product has been the subject of unauthorised modifications or alterations, or has been the subject of commercial use In the event of a problem with the product within the guarantee period please return it to your nearest store...
11. IMPORTANT NOTICE: DIGITAL SWITCHOVER AND YOUR TV EQUIPMENT WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO ENJOY WATCHING TV DURING AND FOLLOWING DIGITAL SWITCHOVER Starting in 2008* and ending in 2012, television services in the UK will go completely digital, TV region by TV region.
DIGITAL TV RECORDER HDR 082 BEFORE YOU START some time. Then, you can turn on your digital set-top box by pressing the STANDBY button on the remote control. This Digital TV Recorder (DTR) can only receive and record Digital Terrestrial TV (Freeview) signals. Please check that you are in a Digital TV reception area.
SETUP The entire settings and configuration of the unit is adjusted in the SETUP menu. To activate setup menu in main menu press OK, when it is highlighted. Setup menu appears on the screen. Navigate within this submenu by means of keys.