CONTENTS Safety instructions Description of the coffee machine Description of the control panel: touch control Instructions for the first use of the machine Making Coffee Hot water Steam Programming the amount of coffee beans to be grinded Programming the volume of coffee dispended in the cup 10.
1. SAFETY INSTRUCTION Please read this instruction book before using the appliance and retain for future reference. These warnings are provided in the interests of your safety, ensure you understand them fully before using the appliance. Intended use • The appliance is intended for use in the home. If the appliance is used for purposes other than those intended or used incorrectiy, no liability can be accepted by the manufacturer for any damage or injury that may be caused.
FOR INSTALLATION AND SERVICING Keep this instruction manual together with the machine for any future reference. If the machine is sold or transferred to another person, make sure that this instruction manual is given to the new user, so that he/she can become familiar with the machine’s functions and with the recommendations given.
This machine complies with the directive BT 73/23 Electrical safety rules EN 60335-1 (August 1995 - Safety for electrical household and similar appliances – General Standard) and EN 60335-2-15 (April 1996 – Specific Rules concerning the equipment for heating liquids). Directive EMC 89/336 in conformity with the following standards: 55014-1;...
THE PLUG MUST STILL BE ACCESSIBLE AFTER THE APPLIANCE HAS BEEN INSTALLED. THE APPLIANCE SHOULD NOT BE CONNECTED TO THE ELECTRICAL SUPPLY BY MEANS OF AN EXTENSION CABLE In the case of permanent connection it is necessary that you install a double pole switch between the appliance and the electricity supply (mains), with a minimum gap of 3mm between the switch contacts and of a type suitable for the required load in compliance with the current electrical regulations.
3. DESCRIPTION OF THE CONTROL PANEL: TOUCH CONTROLS Water refill indicator ON-OFF/stand-by indicator Start indicator Hot water selector indicator Steam selector indicator Light selector indicator Espresso coffee indicator Regular coffee indicator Used Coffee 'drawer full' indicator 10. ON-OFF/stand-by control 11. Start control 12.
4 INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE FIRST USE OF THE MACHINE FILLING UP THE WATER RESERVOIR • Squeeze together the unlocking levers found under the drip tray • Gently pull the coffee machine forward from the housing by sliding it along the telescopic runners.
Hardness of water: • Before filling up the water reservoir, make sure that the decalcifying Brita filter has been soaked in cold water for at least 30 min. Follow the instructions printed on the filter package. After this operation insert the filter into position inside the water reservoir as shown in the figure.
• Ensure the mains ON/OFF switch(at rear) is ON • push the machine back into the housing until a “CLICK” can be heard. This indicate that the machine has been locked in position. FILLING UP THE CONTAINER WITH COFFEE BEANS •...
• Pour approximately 200 g of coffee beans into the container on the top a shown in the figure. • Push the machine back into the housing until a “CLICK” can be heard. This indicate that the machine has been locked in position.
• The machine is be in stand-by mode when the ON-OFF LED is blinking slowly, it is then ready to be switched on. • Ensuring the water reservoir and the coffee beans container are full, switch the coffee machine on by pressing the on-off control and the corresponding LED stops flashing and remains lit.
• Pull the coffee machine forward from it’s housing by sliding it along it’s telescopic runners. • Turning the knob will ad just the coffee texture. Before adjusting, make a note of the original setting so that the machine can be reset, if required, to the factory settings.
STAND-BY MODE • Once powered and inserted into the cabinet, the machine is in stand-by mode: this will be signaled by the on/off LED blinking. • Press the start control to switch on the machine: the start LED will be illuminated. •...
MAKING COFFEE • Press the control corresponding to the desired selection. • Press the start control within 10 seconds and the machine will make the coffee selected. • The machine will stop automatically CAUTION: the desired function will be disabled if the start control is not pressed within 10 seconds.
6 HOT WATER • The steam/water pipe can be moved to the back of the cabinet when not in use. Pull forward when required. Do not touch when HOT! • To dispense hot water, place a container under the steam/water nozzle; then •...
7 STEAM • Press the steam control and the corresponding indicator blinks for 20 seconds. The machine will be ready to make steam when the indicator stops blinking and remains lit. • Place a jug with the liquid to be heated under the steam nozzle. •...
PROGRAMMING THE AMOUNT OF COFFEE BEANS TO BE GRINDED • This espresso machine has already been calibrated in factory to dispense the ideal measure of ground coffee for one cup of espresso. • However this quantity of ground coffee can be increased or reduced, then the selected measure is stored.
• Once you have modified the coffee ground quantity, press the start control for 10 seconds and the machine will automatically save the quantity desired and it will return to stand-by mode. CAUTION: kind of coffee is used. If any unpressed coffee powder is found when emptying the “used” coffee drawer, it means that the grinding time is too long and should be decreased.
PROGRAMMING THE VOLUME OF COFFEE DISPENSED IN THE CUP • The volume of coffee dispensed can be adjusted as desired as follows: • Press the espresso control. • Keep the start control pressed until the programme starts (approximately 5 seconds); the start control LED flashes. •...
IF YOU WISH TO RESET THE STANDARD VALUES This coffee machine is calibrated in the factory to make the optimum Italian • espresso, the values set for the espresso coffee distribute 30 cc, the values set for the regular coffee is 80 cc. •...
SIGNAL AND ALARMS • This machine has a sensor which detects when the water reservoir is empty. the reservoir empty led will illuminate. The machine will not operate until the water reservoir is refilled. • This machine has a volumeter counter which detects the amount of water distribute by the machine.
• The machine incorporates an automatic system that, detecting a fault in operation, will illuminate all the LEDS. Switch OFF the machine and contact the nearest Service Force Centre. COFFEE MENUS This is a normal espresso with steam-heated milk giving the coffee a milder flavour and a rich, delicious frothy topping.
CLEANING OUTER PARTS • Clean the stainless steel parts of the machine with a soft cloth without using aggressive detergents. Never use any abrasive sponges nor steel wool to clean the parts of steel. Dry well with a soft cloth. •...
• Remove the drip tray from the machine as it is shown in the figures above. • Make sure that the drip tray is periodically drained to prevent any liquid from seeping out and dirtying/damaging the underlying furniture. Drip tray and relevant grill can be washed in a dishwasher.
Pull open the door and remove the drawer and empty it. The drawer can be washed in a dishwasher or simply with hot water. Replace the drawer and close the door. Replace the drip tray. 27/37...
• If the machine is not used for long periods, change the water in the reservoir and drain the boiler by pressing the coffee button several times. • Clean the water reservoir periodically . • The water reservoir can be washed in a dishwasher. •...
INSTALLATION Installing the machine into kitchen furniture with proper characteristics will ensure a correct operation of the equipment. Complying with the safety rules, ensure a proper protection against any contact with the electric components and with the parts protected only by functional insulation, by housing the machine correctly into the furniture.
• Fix the power cable onto the left side of the cabinet using one of the self-threading screws of the equipment and the proper cable clamp as shown in the figure. • Unscrew the cable clamp available on the machine. •...
• Connect the power cable as sho the figure. This machine is designed fo a single phase voltage of 230V. The power supply requires only outlets of 13A fuse and a double pole isolation switch with at least 3 mm between contacts.
• They should be to compensate for the internal width of th e compartment, leading to a width of 560/570 • Fix the U base plate inserting 4 self- threading screws into the 4 front holes of the same plate. Then screw the telescopic runners to each side with the remaning 8 self-threading screw.
• Slide the machine into the cabinet untill the “click” indicates that it is locked into Position. SOMETHING NOT WORKING... If this m achine does not work no power no water in the reservoir. If the power cable is damage earest SERVICE FORCE CENTRE TECHNICAL SPECIFI •...
FTER-SALES SE Standard guarantee conditions: We, Electrolux, undertake that if within 12 months of t this Electrolu x appliance or any part thereof is proved to be defective by reason only of faulty workmanship or materials, we will, at our option repair or...
• The appliance is installed and used in accordance with instructions issued by Electrolux and is only used within the home, i.e. is not used for commercial purposes. orking”. When you contact the Service Force ber of the appliance (found on the rating plate).
• The appliance is installed in accordance with all relevant regulations in force within your n ew country of residence. pro isions of this European Guarantee do not affect any of the rights granted to you by la www.electrolux.com 36/37...