TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS
PRODUCT TO RAIN OR MOISTURE.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK AND TO REDUCE ANNOYING
INTERFERENCE, USE THE RECOMMENDED ACCESSORIES ONLY.
DISCONNECT THE MAINS PLUG FROM THE SUPPLY SOCKET WHEN NOT IN USE.
CA-400 identification plate is located on the bottom.
For Users in the USA
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the
following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful innterference, and (2)
this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may
cause undesired operation.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class
B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to
provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not
installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful
interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that
interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause
harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by
turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the
interference by one or more of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the
receiver is connected.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Do not make any changes or modifications to the equipment unless otherwise
specified in the manual.
If such changes or modifications should be made, you could be required to stop
operation of the equipment.
RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK
DO NOT OPEN
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT REMOVE COVER (OR
SACK). NO USER SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE. REFER SERVICING TO
QUALIFIED SERVICE PERSONNEL.
The lightning flash with arrowhead symbol, within an equilateral triangle,
is intended to alert the user to the presence of uninsulated "dangerous
voltage" within the product's enclosure, that may be of sufficient
magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock to persons.
The exclamation point, within an equilateral triangle, is intended to alert
the user to the presence of important operating and maintenance
(servicing) instructions in the literature accompanying the product.
The adapter can be used with be used with a power supply between 100 and 240V
AC. Contact your Canon dealer for information about plug adapters for overseas use.
When the replacement of power supply is required, please return it to the responsible
nearest Canon Service Center, and please replace it with the same type number CA-400.
To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not expose this product to dripping or
LORSQUE L'APPAREIL N'EST PAS UTILISE, DEBRANCHER LA FICHE
D'ALIMENTATION DE LA PRISE SECTEUR.
La plaque d'identification de CA-400 est située au fond.
Pour éviter tout risque de choc électrique, ne pas exposer ce produit aux
écoulements ni aux aspersions d'eau.
Das Identifikationsschild befindet sich auf der Geräteunterseite.
Hinweise für Deutschland
Batterien und Akkumulatoren gehören nicht in den Haushaltsmüll!
Im Interesse des Umweltschutzes sind Sie als Endverbraucher gesetzlich verpflichtet
(Batterieverordnung), alte und gebrauchte Batterien und Akkumulatoren
zurückzugeben. Sie können die gebrauchten Batterien an den Sammelstellen der
öffentlich-rechtlichen Entsorgungsträger in Ihrer Gemeinde oder überall dort
abgeben, wo Batterien der betreffenden Art verkauft werden. Die Batterien werden
unentgeltlich für den Verbraucher zurückgenommen.
BEI NICHTGEBRAUCH DEN NETZSTECKER AUS DER STECKDOSE ZIEHEN.
Das Typenschild von CA-400 befindet sich an der Unterseite des Geräts.
Zur Verminderung der Stromschlaggefahr darf dieses Produkt keinesfalls Tropf- oder
Spritzwasser ausgesetzt werden.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
In these safety instructions the word "product" refers to the Compact Power Adapter CA-400A.
1. Read Instructions – All the safety and operating instructions should be read before the product is operated.
2. Retain Instructions – The safety and operating instructions should be retained for future reference.
3. Heed Warnings – All warnings on the product and in the operating instructions should be adhered to.
4. Follow Instructions – All operating and maintenance instructions should be followed.
5. Cleaning – Unplug this product from the wall outlet before cleaning. Do not use liquid or aerosol cleaners. The product should be
cleaned only as recommended in this manual.
6. Accessories – Do not use accessories not recommended in this manual as they may be hazardous.
7. Avoid magnetic or electric fields – Do not use the camera close to TV transmitters, portable communication devices or other
sources of electric or magnetic radiation. They may cause picture interference, or permanently damage the camera.
8. Water and Moisture – Hazard of electric shock – Do not use this product near water or in rainy/moist situations.
9. Placing or Moving – Do not place on an unstable cart, stand, tripod, bracket or table. The product may fall, causing
serious injury to a child or adult, and serious damage to the product.
A product and cart combination should be moved with care. Quick stops, excessive force, and uneven surfaces may
cause the product and cart combination to overturn.
10. Power Sources – The product should be operated only from the type of power source indicated on the marking label. If you are
not sure of the type of power supply to your home, consult your product dealer or local power company. Regarding other power
sources such as battery power, refer to instructions in this manual.
11. Polarization – The product is equipped with a polarized 2-prong plug (a plug having one blade wider than the other).
The 2-prong polarized plug will fit into the power outlet only one way. This is a safety feature. If you are unable to insert the plug
fully into the outlet, try reversing the plug. If the plug still fails to fit, contact your electrician to replace your obsolete outlet. Do not
defeat the safety purpose of the polarized plug.
12. Power Cord Protection – Power cords should be routed so that they are not likely to be walked on or pinched by items placed
upon or against them. Pay particular attention to plugs and the point from which the cords exit the product.
13. Outdoor Antenna Grounding – If an outside antenna is connected to the product, be sure the antenna is grounded so as to
provide some protection against voltage surges and built-up static charges. Section 810 of the National Electrical Code, ANSI /
NFPA No. 70–1984, provides information with respect to proper grounding of the mast and supporting structure, grounding of the
lead-in wire to an antenna discharge unit, size of grounding conductors, location of antenna discharge unit, connection to
grounding electrodes, and requirements for the grounding electrode. See figure 3.
CUANDO NO LO ESTÉ UTILIZANDO DESCONECTE EL ENCHUFE DEL
TOMACORRIENTE DE ALIMENTACIÓN.
La placa de identificación del CA-400 se encuentra en la parte inferior.
Para reducir el riesgo de descarga eléctrica, no exponga este producto a goteo ni
IN CASO DI NON UTILIZZO, SCOLLEGATE LA SPINA DI RETE DALLA PRESA
La targhetta d'identificazione relativa al prodotto CA-400 è collocata sulla parte
Al fine di ridurre il rischio di scosse elettriche, evitate di esporre il prodotto a gocce o
14. Lightning – For added protection of this product during a lightning storm, or when it is
left unattended and unused for long periods of time, disconnect it from the wall outlet
and disconnect the antenna. This will prevent damage to the product due to lightning
and power-line surges.
15. Power Lines – An outside antenna system should not be located in the vicinity of
overhead power lines or other electric light or power circuits, or where it can fall into
such power lines or circuits. When installing an outside antenna system, extreme care
should be taken to keep from touching such power lines or circuits as contact with
them might be fatal.
16. Overloading–Do not overload wall outlets and extension cords as this can result in a
risk of fire or electric shock.
17. Objects and Liquid Entry – Never push objects of any kind into this product through openings as they may touch dangerous
voltage points or short out parts that could result in a fire or electric shock. Be careful not to spill liquid of any kind onto the
18. Servicing – Do not attempt to service this product yourself as opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltage
or other hazards. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel.
19. Damage Requiring Service – Disconnect this product from the wall outlet and all power sources including battery, and refer
servicing to qualified service personnel under the following conditions:
a. When the power-supply cord or plug is damaged.
b. If any liquid has been spilled onto, or objects have fallen into, the product.
c. If the product has been exposed to rain or water.
d. If the product does not operate normally even if you follow the operating instructions. Adjust only those controls that are
covered by the operation instructions. Improper adjustment of other controls may result in damage and will often require
extensive work by a qualified technician to restore the product to its normal operation.
e. If the product has been dropped or the cabinet has been damaged.
f. When the product exhibits a distinct change in performance. This indicates a need for service.
20. Replacement Parts – When replacement parts are required, be sure the service technician has used replacement parts that are
specified by Canon or that have the same characteristics as the original part. Unauthorized substitutions may result in fire,
electric shock or other hazards.
21. Safety Check – Upon completion of any service or repairs to this product, ask the service technician to perform safety checks to
determine that the product is in safe operating order.
EXAMPLE OF ANTENNA GROUNDING AS
PER NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE
(NEC SECTION 810-21)
(NEC ART 250. PART H)
NEC - NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE