45 x 112 x 29 mm (18 x 44 x 1.1 in)
Approx 186 g (65 oz)
40°C (32 - 104 OF)
100 - 240
AC (50/60 Hz)
7.4 V DC, 2.0 A
Please read this guide before using the equipment.
• This manual explains how to use this equipment for Canon's
digital cameras. Please be sure to read your camera's manual
• Please see your camera user's guide to determine whether this
equipment is specified as the AC adapter for your specific digital
camera. This equipment should only be used with digital cameras that
specify its use.
• Immediately unplug this equipment from the electrical outlet if it emits
smoke or strange smells, or otherwise operates abnormally. Continued
use under these conditions may lead to fire or electrical shock. Confirm
that the smoke or fumes cease, then contact the distributor or the
nearest Canon Customer Support Help Desk for assistance with repairs.
Do not attempt to repair the equipment by yourself. Unauthorized
repairs are dangerous.
• Unplug the equipment from the electrical outlet if it is dropped or the
casing is damaged. Please send the equipment to the distributor or the
nearest Canon Customer Support Help Desk for repair. Continued use
may lead to fire or electrical shock.
• Immediately unplug the equipment from the electrical outlet if water or
foreign objects are permitted to enter the interior. Continued use may
lead to fire or electrical shock. Please consult the distributor or the
nearest Canon Customer Support Help Desk
• Do not cut, damage, alter or place heavy objects on the power cord.
These actions may cause a short circuit, which may lead to fire or
• Do not unplug or handle the power cord with wet hands It may lead to
• When unplugging the power cord, ensure that you grasp the rigid
portion of the plug, not the cord. Pulling on the flexible portion of the
cord may damage or expose the wire and insulation, creating the
potential for fire or electrical shock.
• Do not disassemble or alter this equipment. These actions could lead to
serious burns or other injuries, fire, or electrical shock.
• Avoid using or storing the equipment in places subject to strong
sunlight or high temperatures, such as the dashboard or trunk (boot) of
a car. The exterior casing may overheat and distort. Ensure that there is
good ventilation when using the equipment as an AC power supply.
• When the equipment is not in use, disconnect it at both ends from the
camera and electrical outlet. Left connected for long periods of time, it
may become overheated or distorted, leading to fire.
The Canon Compact Power Adapter CA-PS700 is rated for input
voltages ranging between 100 and 240 volts.
:i'E1§A:7J: AC 1
)E:1§tJ:j::tJ: DC 7.4V. 2.0A
:;iz:; r-tJ\ St&l'-C <
LJ -C <
*fI~~~c LJi.:I:J,$7i~~jjJlrt~LJi.:~i3Icl:, ~i~75~i~:::J:;iz:;
r-tJ\ St&l'-C <
*iclcl:=\=-"\7 / :;1f-t:::::'A,
LJ -C <
LJO)J:l,'c C::::-3 c<l5fsel,,<
· fse!f.J LJ1(j:l,
:;iz:; r-O)fillj1JtJ\SIcl:9" LJ -C <
LJ -C<15 < C,
J\? H '\'J-
CA-PS7001cl:, =\=-"\7 /
Canadian Radio Interference Regulations
THIS CLASS BDIGITAL APPARATUS MEETS ALL REQUIREMENTS OF THE CANADIAN
INTERFERENCE CAUSING EQUIPMENT REGULATIONS.
Reglementation canadienne sur les interferences radio
CET APPAREIL NUMERIQUE DE LA CLASSE BRESPECTE TOUTES LES EXIGENCES DU
REGLEMENT SUR LE MATERIEL BROUILLEUR DU CANADA.
This device complies with Part
of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the
following two conditions;
this device may not cause harmful interference, and
this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may
cause undesired operation.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for class Bdigital
device, pursuant to Part
of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable
protection against harmful interference in aresidential installation. This equipment
generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in
accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in aparticular installation. If
this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can
be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct
the interference by one or more of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on acircuit different from that to which the
receiver is connected.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radiolTV technician for help.
Use of shielded cable with the ferrite core provided with the Digital Camera is required
to comply with Class Blimits in Subpart Bof Part
of the FCC rules.
Do not make any changes or modifications to the equipment unless otherwise
specified in the manual If such changes or modifications should be made, you could be
required to stop operation of the equipment.
Canon Compact Power Adapter
Alimentador de corriente Canon
Adaptateur Secteur Compact Canon
Adattatore Compatto Canon
30-2, Shimomaruko 3-Chome, Ohta-ku,
Tokyo 146-8501, Japan
CANON EUROPA N.V.
P.O. Box 2262, 1180 EG Amstelveen, the Netherlands
2001 CANON INC.
PRINTED IN JAPAN
IMPRIME AU JAPaN
* Product specifications or appearance may change without notice.