PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING
Please keep this manual in a safe and handy place for future reference.
Always follow the basic precautions listed below to avoid the possibility of serious injury or even death from electrical
shock, short-circuiting, damages, fire or other hazards. These precautions include, but are not limited to, the following:
Power supply/AC power adaptor
• Do not place the power cord near heat sources such as heaters or radiators. Also, do
not excessively bend or otherwise damage the cord, or place heavy objects on it.
• Only use the voltage specified as correct for the instrument. The required voltage is
printed on the name plate of the instrument.
• Use the specified adaptor (page 31) only. Using the wrong adaptor can result in
damage to the instrument or overheating.
• Check the electric plug periodically and remove any dirt or dust which may have
accumulated on it.
Do not open
• This instrument contains no user-serviceable parts. Do not open the instrument or
attempt to disassemble or modify the internal components in any way. If it should
appear to be malfunctioning, discontinue use immediately and have it inspected by
qualified Yamaha service personnel.
Always follow the basic precautions listed below to avoid the possibility of physical injury to you or others, or damage
to the instrument or other property. These precautions include, but are not limited to, the following:
Power supply/AC power adaptor
• Do not connect the instrument to an electrical outlet using a multiple-connector.
Doing so can result in lower sound quality, or possibly cause overheating in the
• When removing the electric plug from the instrument or an outlet, always hold the
plug itself and not the cord. Pulling by the cord can damage it.
• Remove the electric plug from the outlet when the instrument is not to be used for
extended periods of time, or during electrical storms.
• Read carefully the attached documentation explaining the assembly process. Failure
to assemble the instrument in the proper sequence might result in damage to the
instrument or even injury.
• Do not expose the instrument to rain, use it near water or in damp or wet conditions,
place on it any containers (such as vases, bottles or glasses) containing liquids
which might spill into any openings. If any liquid such as water seeps into the
instrument, turn off the power immediately and unplug the power cord from the AC
outlet. Then have the instrument inspected by qualified Yamaha service personnel.
• Never insert or remove an electric plug with wet hands.
• Do not put burning items, such as candles, on the unit. A burning item may fall over
and cause a fire.
If you notice any abnormality
• When one of the following problems occur, immediately turn off the power switch
and disconnect the electric plug from the outlet. Then have the device inspected by
Yamaha service personnel.
- The power cord or plug becomes frayed or damaged.
- It emits unusual smells or smoke.
- Some object has been dropped into the instrument.
- There is a sudden loss of sound during use of the instrument.
• Do not place the instrument in an unstable position where it might accidentally fall
• When transporting or moving the instrument, always use two or more people.
Attempting to lift the instrument by yourself may damage your back, result in other
injury, or cause damage to the instrument itself.
• Before moving the instrument, remove all connected cables, to prevent damage to
the cables or injury to anyone who might trip over them.
• When setting up the product, make sure that the AC outlet you are using is easily
accessible. If some trouble or malfunction occurs, immediately turn off the power
switch and disconnect the plug from the outlet. Even when the power switch is
turned off, electricity is still flowing to the product at the minimum level. When you
are not using the product for a long time, make sure to unplug the power cord from
the wall AC outlet.
• Use only the stand specified for the instrument. When attaching the stand or rack,
use the provided screws only. Failure to do so could cause damage to the internal
components or result in the instrument falling over.
YDP-S51 Owner's Manual