1. To prevent a short circuit, remove the key from the
ignition and disconnect the - battery.
2. Make the proper input and output wire
connections for each unit.
3. Connect the speaker wires of the wiring harness.
4. Connect the wiring harness wires in the following
order: ground, battery, ignition.
5. Connect the wiring harness connector to the unit.
6. Install the unit in your car.
7. Reconnect the - battery.
8. Press the reset button.
• If you connect the ignition wire (red) and the battery wire
(yellow) to the car chassis (ground), you may cause a short
circuit, that in turn may start a fire. Always connect those
wires to the power source running through the fuse box.
• Do not cut out the fuse from the ignition wire (red) and the
battery wire (yellow). The power supply must be connected
to the wires via the fuse.
• If the power is not turned ON (or it is ON, but will be OFF
immediately), the speaker wire may have a short-circuit
or touched the chassis of the vehicle and the protection
function may have been activated. Therefore, the speaker
wire should be checked.
• If your car's ignition does not have an ACC position, connect
the ignition wires to a power source that can be turned on
and off with the ignition key. If you connect the ignition
wire to a power source with a constant voltage supply, as
with battery wires, the battery may die.
• If the console has a lid, make sure to install the unit so that
the faceplate will not hit the lid when closing and opening.
• If the fuse blows, first make sure the wires aren't touching
to cause a short circuit, then replace the old fuse with one
with the same rating.
• Insulate unconnected wires with vinyl tape or other similar
material. To prevent a short circuit, do not remove the caps
on the ends of the unconnected wires or the terminals.
• Connect the speaker wires correctly to the terminals to
which they correspond. The unit may be damaged or fail to
work if you share the - wires or ground them to any metal
part in the car.
• When only two speakers are being connected to the
system, connect the connectors either to both the front
output terminals or to both the rear output terminals (do
not mix front and rear). For example, if you connect the +
connector of the left speaker to a front output terminal, do
not connect the - connector to a rear output terminal.
• After the unit is installed, check whether the brake lamps,
blinkers, wipers, etc. on the car are working properly.
• Mount the unit so that the mounting angle is 30° or less.
• This unit has the cooling fan (page 5) to decrease the
internal temperature. Do not mount the unit in a place
where the cooling fan of the unit are blocked. Blocking
these openings will inhibit the cooling of the internal
temperature and result in malfunction.