31102009GB.fm Page 17 Monday, October 23, 2006 12:29 PM
Before contacting the After-sales Service:
1. See if you can solve the problem yourself
(refer to "After-sales service").
2. Switch the appliance on again to see if the
problem has been solved. If not, disconnect the
appliance from the power supply and repeat
the operation after one hour.
3. If the problem persists, contact the After-sales
• Install the appliance away from heat sources.
Installation in a hot place, direct exposure to
sunlight or placing the appliance near a heat
source (radiators, cookers) will increase power
consumption and should therefore be avoided.
• If this is not possible, the following minimum
distances must be respected:
•30 cm from coal or oil stoves;
•3 cm from electric and/or gas cookers.
• Install the appliance in a dry and well-ventilated
place, making sure it is level, by adjusting the
front feet if necessary.
• Clean the interior.
• Fit the accessories supplied.
•the type of fault,
•the Service number (the number after the
word SERVICE on the rating plate placed
inside the appliance),
•your full address,
•your telephone number and area code.
If reversing of door opening is carried out by
the After-sales Service it is not covered by the
• Electrical connections must be made in
compliance with local regulations.
• Data regarding voltage and absorbed power are
specified on the rating plate inside the appliance.
Earthing of the appliance
The Manufacturer declines any liability for
injury to persons or animals or damage to
property due to non-compliance with the
• If the plug and socket are not of the same type,
have the socket replaced by a qualified
• Do not use extension leads or multi-adapters.
It must be possible to electrically disconnect the
appliance by unplugging it or by means of a two-
pole switch fitted upstream of the socket.