31102009GB.fm Page 13 Monday, October 23, 2006 12:29 PM
PRECAUTIONS AND GENERAL
• The wine cellar must only be used for storing
wine; do not place any type of food inside it.
• Do not cover or obstruct the appliance air vents.
• To avoid the risk of children becoming trapped
and suffocating, do not allow them to play or hide
inside the appliance.
• Before carrying out any maintenance or cleaning
operation, unplug the appliance or disconnect
the electrical power supply.
• The power cable must only be replaced by an
• Do not store flammable substances in the
• Be careful not to damage the floors when moving
the appliance (e.g. parquet).
• Do not use extension leads or single or multi-
• This appliance is not intended for use by young
children or the infirm without supervision.
• Do not damage the refrigerant circuit.
• Do not use or place electrical appliances inside
the product if they are not of the type expressly
authorised by the Manufacturer.
• Install the appliance in a dry and well-ventilated
place. The appliance is arranged for operation in
places where the temperature comes within the
following ranges, according to the climatic class
given on the dataplate: The appliance may not
work properly if it is left for a long period at a
temperature above or below the specified range.
Amb. T. (°C)
From 10 to 32
From 16 to 32
From 16 to 38
From 16 to 43
• If a large quantity of wine is placed in the wine
cellar, it may take a few days before a constant
temperature is reached.
• Important! The storage temperature must never
drop below +6°C.
• During operation, it is normal for water droplets
and frost to form on the walls of the cellar.
Scraping off the frost or drying the water
droplets is not necessary. The rear wall is
defrosted automatically. The defrost water is
automatically run into a drain hole and then into
a container where it evaporates.
• Place the bottles in the middle of the rack.
• On closing the door, make sure the bottles do
not touch the glass.
• Important: Bottles of spirits and liqueurs must be
tightly closed and stored upright.
• Areas with different temperatures form inside
the appliance, due to the circulation of air:
the coldest areas are those near the rear wall,
and the warmest are near the glass door.
• Always store bottled wines without their
packaging, and not inside crates or boxes.
The recommended quantity of 0.75 l Bordolese-
type bottles is as follows:
Amb. T. (°F)
From 50 to 90
From 61 to 90
From 61 to 100
From 61 to 110