This document updates information contained in your Dell PowerApp 100 appliance
If you replace the appliance's microprocessor and heat sink assembly, you must remove the fan
attached to the top of the replacement microprocessor and heat sink assembly. (For details on
removing the microprocessor, see "Microprocessor" in your Service Manual.)
To install the replacement microprocessor and heat sink assembly, perform the following steps:
1. If applicable, remove the fan from the heat sink in the replacement kit.
The fan will not be used. To remove the fan, gently squeeze the sides of two adjacent cor-
ners on the fan.
2. Gently place the replacement microprocessor into the zero insertion force (ZIF) socket so
that the processor pins mate exactly with the ZIF socket.
Make sure that pin 1 of the microprocessor is oriented correctly in the socket.
3. Swing the ZIF socket arm down until it snaps into the socket tab after the microprocessor is
4. At the base of the heat sink, remove and discard the protective cover over the thermal
grease by pulling the cover's tab.
5. Place the heat sink on the microprocessor.
Be careful not to touch the surfaces coated with thermal grease.
The bevelled surface on the heat sink covers the part of the ZIF socket that is not covered by