This document updates information contained in your Dell PowerApp™ system and service
If you replace the PowerApp appliance's system board, you must also restore the system configura-
tion settings using the SMBIOS program on the diskette or CD provided with the new system board.
In addition, this document provides important information for reinstalling the microprocessor and
heat sink on the new system board.
For details on replacing the system board, see "Replacing the System Board" in your Service
To restore the system configuration settings, perform the following steps:
1. Insert the configuration diskette or CD provided with the new system board, and turn on the
The computer boots from the diskette or CD and prompts you to select the type of system you
2. When prompted, enter the system type and enter the service tag number, which is located on
the back of the computer.
The program notifies you when programming is complete.
3. Remove the diskette or CD and reboot the computer.
4. When the system reboots, press <F2> to enter the system setup program.
5. From the Main Menu, enter the correct time and date in the System Time and System Date
6. Set the Processor Serial Number option to "Disabled."
Press <F10> to save these settings, exit the system setup program, and reboot the system.