10.Stopping the appliance. Vacuuming
can be stopped at any time by press-
ing down the Release Valve on the
rounded recessed area and holding
it down until the appliance stops.
11.Store vacuum packed products properly. All perishable
foods need to be refrigerated or frozen to prevent
OPEN A SEALED BAG
Cut bag straight across with scissors, just inside the seal.
USING THE JAR ATTACHMENT
NOTE: The following instructions are for use with the wide
(included) or small (not included) mouth jar attachment.
1. Fill jar. Make sure that jar is not filled to the top. Leave
at least 1" space at the top for the vacuum to operate
properly. Note: Be sure to use the wide mouth canning
jars with the wide mouth attachments, and small mouth
canning jars with the small mouth attachments.
2. Placement of jar lid. Make sure that the rim of the jar
and the seal of the lid are clean and free of food
particles before placing lid on container. Note: DO NOT
use the metal ring when vacuum sealing the jar. Once
the jar is vacuum packed, place the
ring on the jar and tighten to ensure a
3. Placement of jar attachment. Place
Jar Attachment directly over lid on top
of jar. Push down firmly.
4. Connect jar attachment. Push one end of the Accessory
Hose firmly into the Jar Attachment. Push the other end
firmly into the Hose Port on the Lid.
5. Engage vacuum. Close the Lid on the Select. Push down
on the front corners of the lid with your thumbs and
push the Vacuum Locks into the locked position. The
machine will carry out a vacuum packing cycle and turn
off automatically on its completion.
6. Remove jar attachment. Remove the tube from the
Canister Lid Knob. Turn the Knob to "CLOSED" position.
OPENING A VACUUM SEALED CANNING JAR
1. Wedge a spoon between the highest part of the threaded
rim on jar and jar lid.
2. Carefully turn the spoon to release the lid. Be careful
NOT to bend the lid so you can reuse it.
NOTE: Vacuum Packaging is not a substitute for canning. PERISHABLE
FOODS AND LIQUIDS MUST BE STORED IN REFRIGERATOR OR FREEZER.