• Remove the record player and rubber mat from the packaging and remove all packing
Setting up and preparing the device
• Place the device on an even and stable surface.
• Turn the white transport braces on the turntable
until you can remove them. Store them carefully.
• Place the rubber mat on the turntable so that the spindle on the turntable pokes through the
opening in the mat.
• Remove the protective cap from the pick-up system by pulling it downwards.
Connecting the device
The record player has an inbuilt preamplifier and can therefore be connected directly to the
Line In / Aux input on a hi-fi system.
• Connect the audio cable to the Line In / Aux input on your hi-fi system (red plug = right
channel; white plug = left channel).
You will find information on connecting the record player to a PC in the section "Converting
records to digital files".
• Connect the device by means of the mains plug to an easily accessible wall socket.
Repositioning the driving belt
Severe jolts (during transport, for example) may cause the record player's driving belt to slip
off. To put it back into position, do as follows:
1. Remove the mains plug from the wall socket.
2. Take the rubber mat off the turntable.
3. Turn the turntable to the position illustrated.
4. Pull the driving belt out slightly and place it on the drive wheel as shown in the illustration.
To achieve the best quality when playing or converting your records to digital files you should
observe the following information:
• Check the stylus regularly. You can brush off fluff and small bits of dirt with a soft brush,
brushing from the back to the front. For more stubborn dirt, add a little cleaning spirit to the
For information on how to change the stylus refer to "Changing the stylus".
• Secure the tone arm and turntable when transporting the device.