• In order to perform the update procedure, you
will need an internal or external CD-RW drive
that has been confirmed by Yamaha to work
with the AW2816.
• If your AW2816 is not equipped with a CD-RW
drive compatible with the AW2816, or in case
you experience difficulty with the updating
procedure, then please contact your Yamaha
dealer. There may be a charge for upgrading the
Cautions for the update
• Before you begin the procedure, make sure that
the plug of the power cable has not become
loose, and that the power will not be
• Do not perform the update procedure if there is
a possibility that the power may fail due to a
lightning strike or other reason.
• Never turn off the power until the system update
procedure has been completed.
• Be sure to make a backup of any important data
on the internal hard disk.
• If you use an external CD-RW drive, make sure
that its SCSI ID has a setting other than "6"
(which is the ID of the AW2816 itself).
• We ask that you update the system on your own responsibility.
• Incorrect operation or accidents such as power failure during
• In connection with defects of AW2816, Yamaha's liability is
Procedure for updating
the AW2816 operating system
Also, you must be sure to create a backup of any important
data before you continue with the procedure explained below.
the upgrade process may cause the AW2816 to stop operating
correctly, and may also result in damage to or loss of the
limited to the terms of warranty. No loss of data or damage
thereto will be Yamaha's responsibility, and the customers
accept this limitation of liability by agreeing to update
Using the internal CD-RW drive
1. Turn on the power of the AW2816.
2. Access the CD PLAY screen, and insert the
update CD-ROM into the CD-RW drive.
3. Access the SONG screen Shut Down page, shut
down the AW2816, and then turn off the power.
4. Hold down both the [HOME] key and the [AUX
1] key of the AW2816, and turn on the power.
At this time, do not release these two keys until
the display indicates "OS Update".
5. In approximately two minutes, the display will
show a message asking for your consent.
In this message, "Current OS Version *.**"
indicates the currently installed OS version
number, and "File OS Version *.**" indicates the
update version number that is about to be
6. After verifying the version number, press the
The bar graph segments (***...) in the display
will light in succession from start to end.
• Approximately six minutes will be required from
when you press the [ENTER] key until the
operating system update begins.
• The intervals between each *** segment lighting
in the bar graph will be irregular in duration.
• Never turn off the power until the end ***
segment is lit!
7. When all bar graph segments (***) have lit until
the end, turn off the power of the AW2816.
When all bar graph *** segments have lit, the
system update has been completed.