8. Hold down the [UTILITY] key, and turn on the
power of the AW2816. At start-up, the new
version number "Mixer CPU version: x.xx" (the
upper line of the two-line display) will appear.
After checking the version number, verify that
the AW2816 operates correctly.
Using an external CD-RW drive
1. With the power of the AW2816 and the external
CD-RW drive turned off, connect the SCSI cable.
2. Insert the update CD-ROM into the external CD-
3. Follow steps 3–8 of [Using the internal CD-RW
4. Turn off the power of the external CD-RW drive,
and disconnect the SCSI cable.
If one of the following error messages appears
during the system update procedure, please turn off
"OS File Not Found! Turn the system off."
• Make sure that the OS update CD-ROM is
inserted in the drive.
• It is possible that the SCSI drive connected to the
AW2816 has not been recognized.
- Make sure that the power is on for all SCSI
- Make sure that the SCSI ID for all SCSI drives
is set correctly.
- Make sure that the configuration and
connections of the SCSI cables are
- Make sure that termination is set
appropriately for the last drive in the SCSI
• It is possible that there is a problem with the
CD-ROM inserted in the drive. Check whether
the surface of the disc is scratched or dusty.
• Try repeating the update procedure several
If this message is displayed repeatedly, it may be
necessary to service the hardware. Yamaha will
perform the system update for a fee. Please
contact a nearby Yamaha dealer or service