S, .FETY RULES
FOR ANY INJURY,
• Read this owner's manual carefully in its entirety before
attempting to assemble or operate this machin_. Be com-
pletely familiar with the controls and the proper Jse of this
machine before operating it. Keep this manua
in a safe
place for future and regular reference
and fc" ordering
• Children must never be allowed to operate this e,luipment.
No one should operate this unit while intoxicated or while
taking medication that impairs the senses or re_Lctions.
• This equipment
should never be operated
in t_e vicinity
of children, pets or other persons.
in an enclosed
ar,,,a as the
exhaust from the engine contains carbon mono_ ida, which
is an odorless, tasteless and deadly poisonous g is.
• Never place your hands or any part of your bod_' or cloth-
ing inside the feeding chamber, discharge chul_, or near
any moving part while the machine or engine is "unning.
• If it is necessary
for any reason to inspect or repair the
feeding chamber or any part of the machine wh_ re a mov-
ing part can come in contact with your body c" clothing,
stop the machine,
allow it to cool, disconnect
plug wire from the spark plug and move it awa, r from the
spark plug before attempting such inspection or r ;pair.
• Wear safety glasses provided with your unit wh le operat-
ing the chipper-shredder to prevent injury from _ny mate-
rial which may be ejected out of the openings.
• Wear proper apparel. Avoid wearing loose fittin!l clothing.
Wear gloves when handling material.
• HANDLE GASOLINE WITH CARE as it is an _xtremely
• Check the fuel before starting the engine. Do ilot fill the
fuel tank indoors, while the engine is running, el while the
engine is still hot. Turn the unit off and let the engine cool
• Fuel your chipper-shredder
in a clean
arez.. Do not
smoke while refueling.
• Fuel tank cap must be secure at all times excE:pt during
• Avoid spilling gasoline or oil. Wipe the unit cle]n
spilled fuel or oil.
• Store fuel and oil in approved containers, away from heat
or open flame, and out of reach of children.
• This machine should be operated only upon a lew _1 surface.
• Assure that all screws, nuts and bolts and other fasteners
are properly secured.
• When feeding shreddable
into this e_luipment,
be extremely careful that pieces of metal, rock_, bottles,
cans or other foreign objects are not included. Personal
injury or damage to the machine could result.
• if the cutting mechanism strikes any foreign object or if
should start making an unusual
stop the engine,
spark plug wire from the spark plug and move it away
from the spark plug. Allow the machine to stop and take
the following steps:
Inspect for damage.
Replace or repair any damaged parts.
Check for any loose parts and tighten to assure contin-
ued safe operation.
• The engine must be kept clean of debris and other accu-
• Do not allow an accumulation
build up in the discharge area as this will prevent proper
discharge and can result in kick-back from feed opening.
• Never place your hands or any other part of your body or
clothing inside the feeding chamber, discharge chute or
near any moving part while the engine is running.
• Keep all guards and deflectors in place and in good work-
ing condition to assure continued safe operation.
• Always stand clear of the discharge area when operating
Keep your face and body back from the feed opening to
avoid accidental bounce back of any material.
• Do not over-reach.
Keep proper balance and footing at all
• The engine governor settings on your machine must not
with. The governor
controls the maximum safe operating
speeds and pro-
tects the engine
and all moving
parts from damage
caused by overspeed.
• Do not transport machine while engine is running.
• Do not operate engine if air cleaner or cover directly over
air intake is removed, except for adjustment.
Removal of such parts could create a fire hazard.
• When this equipment is stopped for servicing, inspection,
storage or to change an accessory,
make sure the spark
plug wire is disconnected from the spark plug and moved
away from the spark plug.
allowed to cool down before making such inspection,
service, etc. Maintain your machine
care and keep it clean for the best and continued safe
• Do not use flammable solutions to clean the air filter.
• When not in use, your machine should be stored out of
the reach of children. Keep where gasoline fumes will not
reach an open flame or spark. For long periods of stor-
age, refer to the "Storage" section of this manual.
FOR THIS SYMBOL TO POINT OUT
II_IPORTANT SAFETY PRECAUTIONS.
Y Z)URSAFETY IS INVOLVED.