LOCATION AND FUNCTION OF CONTROLS
Message LED Indicator – Indicates the DAS 201 Answering Machine's
• 'A1' or 'A2' flashes four times on the display to indicate that there is no
outgoing message (greeting) recorded.
• 'CL' flashes once on the display to indicate that the time is not set
• A 'Number' displayed before playing your messages back indicates the
total number of messages currently in the DAS-201's Memory.
• A 'Number' displayed while playing your messages back indicates the
sequential number of the message currently being played.
MEMO/2WAY Key – Allows you to leave messages for other family members
when you leave the house. Also allows you to record both sides of a
conversation you are having on the telephone.
3/4. OGM1/OGM2 Keys –The DAS 201 allows you to record two outgoing
messages. OGM1 is a conventional message, and OGM2 is an "answer
only" message. The DAS 201 will automatically switch to the OGM2 mes-
sage if your memory is full, and the unit is unable to take a message.
ANSWER LED Indicator – Lights up when the DAS 201 is ready to answer
STOP/TIME Key – Stops current operation, plus allows you to set
PLAY Key – Press to play recorded messages.
Key – Repeats the previously played message.
10. ERASE Key – Can be used to erase a single message or all
messages in memory.
11. Microphone Hole – Used to record outgoing messages and memos.
12. ANSWER Key – Used to set the Answer Mode On or Off.
14. MODULAR LINE JACK – Used to connect the DAS 201 to your household
15. MODULAR PHONE JACK – Used to connect the DAS 201 to
16. Adapter Receptacle – Used to connect the DAS 201 to the supplied DC
17. Volume Control (VOL) – Used to adjust the speaker volume.
18. BATTERY COVER – Houses the Memory Backup Batteries. (Batteries not
19. Adapter Cord Holder – Prevents the DC adapter cord from
falling out. (Adapter not included)
Key – Skips to the next sequential message.