KEY INFORMATION YOU SHOULD KNOW:
• Before operating, make sure that either the blower or vacuum tube assembly is
locked in place.
• The power switch must be OFF in order to depress the release button for changing
blower and vacuum tube assemblies.
SAVE THIS MANUAL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
VEA EL ESPAÑOL EN LA CONTRAPORTADA.
INSTRUCTIVO DE OPERACIÓN, CENTROS DE SERVICIO Y PÓLIZA DE GARANTÍA.
ADVERTENCIA: LÉASE ESTE INSTRUCTIVO ANTES DE USAR EL PRODUCTO.
Form No. 479249-00
Copyright © 2005 Black & Decker
WARNING: Important Safety Warnings and Instructions
PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING
To Reduce Risk of Injury:
• Before any use, be sure everyone using this tool reads and understands all safety
instructions and other information contained in this manual.
• Save these instructions and review frequently prior to use and in instructing others.
WARNING: When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be
followed, including the following:
WARNING: Some dust created by this product contains chemicals known to the State of
California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Some examples of these chemicals are:
• compounds in fertilizers
• compounds in insecticides, herbicides and pesticides
• arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber
To reduce your exposure to these chemicals, wear approved safety equipment such as dust
masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: This product contains chemicals, including lead, known to the State of
California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Wash hands after handling.
CAUTION: Wear appropriate personal hearing protection during use. Under some
conditions and duration of use, noise from this product may contribute to
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING BLOWER.
General Safety Warnings and Instructions for all Tools
• READ and follow all instructions.
• DO NOT place inlet or outlet of vacuum near eyes or ears when operating.
• THIS APPLIANCE IS PROVIDED WITH DOUBLE INSULATION. Use only identical
replacement parts. See instructions for servicing of double insulated appliances.
• STORE IDLE TOOLS. When not in use, the unit should be stored in a dry, high or locked-up
place - out of reach of children.
• DON'T OVERREACH. Keep proper footing and balance at all times.
• DO NOT pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches or hot
• MAINTAIN TOOL WITH CARE. Keep fan area clean for best and safest performance. Follow
instructions for proper maintenance.
• DO NOT attempt to repair the blower/vac. To assure product safety and reliability, repairs,
maintenance, and adjustments should be performed by Black & Decker service centers or
authorized service stations, always using Black & Decker replacement parts.
• DO NOT operate blower/vac in a gaseous or explosive atmosphere. Motors in these tools
normally spark, and the sparks might ignite fumes.
• DO NOT use to pick up flammable or combustible liquids such as gasoline or use in areas
where they may be present.
• USE EXTRA CARE when cleaning on stairs.
• DO NOT leave appliance when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before
• DO NOT allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near
children. Not recommended for use by children.
• DO NOT attempt to clear clogs from tool without first unplugging it.
• USE ONLY as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer's recommended
• DO NOT use with damaged cord or plug. If appliance is not working as it should, has been
dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, return it to a service center.
• DO NOT pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, or pull cord around sharp edges or
corners. Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
Catalog Number BV4000
Cat. # BV4000
Printed in Mexico
• DO NOT unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
• DO NOT put any objects into openings. Do not use with any opening blocked; keep free of
dust, lint, hair and everything that may reduce air flow.
• KEEP hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of body away from openings and moving
• TURN OFF all controls before unplugging.
• DO NOT vacuum water, other liquids, or wet objects such as leaves. Never immerse any part
of the tool in liquid.
• DO NOT handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
• KEEP CHILDREN, BYSTANDERS AND ANIMALS AWAY from the work area a minimum
of 30 feet (10 meters) when starting or operating the tool.
• INSPECT THE AREA before using the tool. Remove all debris and hard objects such as
rocks, glass, wire, etc. that can ricochet, be thrown, or otherwise cause injury or damage
during operation. As a vacuum, the tool is designed to pick up dry material such as leaves,
grass, small twigs, and bits of paper. Do not vacuum stones, gravel, metal, broken glass, etc.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of electrical shock; do not expose to rain, do not use on wet
surfaces. Store indoors.
WARNING: Turn off and unplug unit, then wait until fan stops or at least 10 seconds
before removing the blower or vacuum tube assemblies.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Servicing of Double Insulated Appliances
Your Blower/Vac is double-insulated to give you added safety. In a double insulated
appliance, two systems of insulation are provided instead of grounding. No grounding
means is provided on a double insulated appliance, nor should a means for grounding be
added to the appliance. Servicing a double insulated appliance requires extreme care and
knowledge of the system and should be done only by qualified service personnel.
Replacement parts for a double insulated appliance must be identical to the parts they
replace. A double insulated appliance is marked with the words double insulated or "double
insulation". The symbol (square within a square) may also be marked on the appliance.
Safety Rules and Instructions: Extension Cords
Double insulated tools have 2-wire cords and can be used with 2-wire or 3-wire extension
cords. Only round jacketed extension cords should be used, and we recommend that they be
listed by Underwriters Laboratories (U.L.) (C.S.A. in Canada). If the extension will be used
outside, the cord must be suitable for outdoor use. Any cord marked as outdoor can also be
used for indoor work.
An extension cord must have adequate wire size (AWG or American Wire Gauge) for safety,
and to prevent loss of power and overheating. The smaller the gauge number of the wire, the
greater the capacity of the cable, that is 16 gauge has more capacity than 18 gauge. When
using more than one extension to make up the total length, be sure each individual extension
contains at least the minimum wire size. Before using an extension cord, inspect it for loose
or exposed wires, damaged insulation, and defective fittings. Make any needed repairs or
replace the cord if necessary.
To determine the minimum wire size required, refer to the chart below:
Minimum Gage for Cord Sets
More Not more
2 speed On/off switch
BASSE VITESSE VITESSE ÉLEVÉE
Commutateur à deux vitesses
Interruptor de encendido y apagado con 2 velocidades
Total Length of Cord in Feet
American Wire Gage
BOUTON DE DÉGAGEMENT
BOTÓN DE LIBERACIÓN
HOOK UNIT HERE FIRST
FIXER L'OUTIL ICI D'ABORD.
AQUÍ LA UNIDAD