Operation Guide 3070 ( B )
3. In the Altimeter Mode, press E to take an
• This causes the altitude differential value to
appear at the top of the display.
4. While monitoring the difference between the
altitude you found on the map and the altitude
differential value displayed by the watch,
advance towards your destination.
• If you determined that the difference between
the map altitude and your current location is
+80 meters, for example, you are approaching
your destination when the displayed altitude
differential value shows +80 meters.
Altitude Data Recall
Use the Data Recall Mode to view altitude periodic records currently in
memory, as well as the current session record and the altitude historical
record. Altitude data records are created and stored in the Altimeter Mode.
The following explains the contents of each of the screens that appear in the
Data Recall Mode.
• While the periodic record, high altitude, or low altitude screen is displayed,
the bottom part of the display alternates between the measurement date
(month and day) and measurement time, at 1-second intervals.
(Hour : Minutes)
Periodic records show only data for the last save session performed with the
watch. There can be up to 40 periodic records in memory.
Current Session Record Contents
The following data items show the contents of the current session record.
Highest altitude reached during the
Lowest altitude reached during the recalled
Total cumulative ascent during the recalled
Total cumulative descent during the
The historical record shows data for all save sessions performed since the
last time the historical record was cleared.
Highest altitude reached during all
Lowest altitude reached during all
Total cumulative ascent during all sessions.
Total cumulative descent during all
To view periodic records and current session record contents
1. Enter the Data Recall Mode.
2. Use A and C to scroll through the data and display the one you want.
( 1 )
( 2 )
( 40 )
• To view the current session record contents, use A to scroll forward
past the last periodic record (which will display the current session
screen), or C to scroll back past the first periodic record
3. After you are finished viewing data, press D to exit the Data Recall Mode.
• Dashes (
) will be displayed if data has been deleted or if there is no
corresponding data due to error, etc. In such cases, total ascent (
and total descent (
) values will show zero.
• When the total ascent (
) or total descent (
meters (or 99,980 feet), the applicable value will restart from zero.
(Month – Day)
) exceeds 99,995
To view historical record contents
1. Enter the Data Recall Mode.
2. Press B to display the historical record screen (TTL REC).
3. Use A and C to scroll through the historical record screens as shown
4. To return to the periodic record and current session screens, press B
5. After you are finished viewing data, press D to exit the Data Recall Mode.
Clearing the Historical Record
Use the following procedure when you want to clear the contents of the
historical record and restart all values from zero.
To clear the historical record
Current time in the zone
of the selected city code
To toggle a city code time between Standard Time and Daylight
• You cannot toggle between Daylight Saving Time and Standard Time if the
displayed city code is
• Note that the DST/Standard Time setting affects only the currently
displayed city code. Other city codes are not affected.
Historical record data items
1. In the Data Recall Mode, press B to display
the high altitude data (
2. Hold down E.
will appear in the upper part of the
3. Keep E held down for an additional two
• The historical record high altitude screen will
reappear when data deletion is complete.
• If you release the E button part way through
the above procedure, the watch will return to
the historical record high altitude screen
without deleting the data.
World Time displays the current time in 30 cities
(29 time zones) around the world.
• If the current time shown for a city is wrong,
check your Home City time settings and make
the necessary changes.
• For full information on city codes, see the "City
• All of the operations in this section are
performed in the World Time Mode, which you
enter by pressing D.
To view the time in another city
In the World Time Mode, use A (east) and C
(west) to scroll through city codes (time zones).
• When the currently selected time zone is one
that includes mostly ocean, a value indicating
the zone's Greenwich Mean Time differential
appears in place of a city code.
1. In the World Time Mode, use A (east) and C
(west) to display the city code (time zone)
whose Standard Time/Daylight Saving Time
setting you want to change.
2. Hold down E to toggle between Daylight
Saving Time (DST indicator displayed) and
Standard Time (DST indicator not displayed).
• The DST indicator appears on the display
whenever you display a city code for which
Daylight Saving Time is turned on.
) of the historical