Operation Guide 3070 ( B )
Barometer and Thermometer Precautions
• The pressure sensor built into this watch measures changes in air
pressure, which you can then apply to your own weather predictions. It is
not intended for use as a precision instrument in official weather prediction
or reporting applications.
• Sudden temperature changes can affect pressure sensor readings.
• Temperature measurements are affected by your body temperature (while
you are wearing the watch), direct sunlight, and moisture. To achieve a
more accurate temperature measurement, remove the watch from your
wrist, place it in a well ventilated location out of direct sunlight, and wipe all
moisture from the case. It takes approximately 20 to 30 minutes for the
case of the watch to reach the actual surrounding temperature.
Pressure Sensor and Temperature Sensor Calibration
The pressure sensor and temperature sensor built into the watch are
calibrated at the factory and normally require no further adjustment. If you
notice serious errors in the pressure readings and temperature readings
produced by the watch, you can calibrate the sensor to correct the errors.
• Incorrectly calibrating the barometric pressure sensor can result in incorrect
readings. Before performing the calibration procedure, compare the
readings produced by the watch with those of another reliable and accurate
• Incorrectly calibrating the temperature sensor can result in incorrect
readings. Carefully read the following before doing anything.
Compare the readings produced by the watch with those of another
reliable and accurate thermometer.
If adjustment is required, remove the watch from your wrist and wait for 20
or 30 minutes to give the temperature of the watch time to stabilize.
To calibrate the pressure sensor and the temperature sensor
1. Press B to enter the Barometer/
2. In the Barometer/Thermometer Mode, hold
down E for about two seconds until either
OFF or the reference temperature value starts
to flash. This is the setting screen.
• If you want to calibrate the barometric
pressure sensor, press D to move the
flashing to the middle display area. This is
the pressure sensor calibration screen.
• At this time, OFF or the barometric pressure
value should be flashing on the display.
3. Use A (+) and C (–) to set the calibration
value in the units shown below.
Barometric Pressure 1 hPa (0.05 inHg)
• Pressing A and C at the same time
returns to the factory calibration (OFF).
4. Press E to return to the Barometer/
Thermometer Mode screen.
To select the temperature, barometric pressure, and altitude units
1. Enter the Timekeeping Mode.
2. Hold down E until the city code starts to
flash, which indicates the setting screen.
3. Use D to select the setting screen for the unit
you want to change.
• See step 3 under "To set the time and date
manually" for information about how to scroll
through setting screens.
4. Press A to change the unit setting.
• Each press of A changes the selected unit
setting as shown below.
Barometric Pressure hPa and inHg
5. After the settings are the way you want, press
E to exit the setting screen.
City Code Table
• Based on data as of June 2006.
0.1 ° C (0.2 ° F)
m and ft
San Francisco, Las Vegas, Vancouver,
Seattle/Tacoma, Dawson City, Tijuana
El Paso, Edmonton, Culiacan
Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth,
New Orleans, Mexico City, Winnipeg
Montreal, Detroit, Miami, Boston,
Panama City, Havana, Lima, Bogota
La Paz, Santiago, Port Of Spain
Rio De Janeiro
Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Brasilia, Montevideo
Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Dakar, Abidjan
Milan, Rome, Madrid, Amsterdam, Algiers, Hamburg,
Frankfurt, Vienna, Stockholm
Helsinki, Istanbul, Beirut, Damascus, Cape Town
Kuwait, Riyadh, Aden, Addis Ababa, Nairobi, Moscow
Abu Dhabi, Muscat
Mumbai, Kolkata, Colombo
Jakarta, Phnom Penh, Hanoi, Vientiane
Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Beijing, Taipei, Manila,
Melbourne, Guam, Rabaul
Christchurch, Nadi, Nauru Island
Other major cities in same time zone