E-MANUAL imagine the possibilities Thank you for purchasing this Samsung product. To receive more complete service, please register your product at www.samsung.com/register Model _____________ Serial No. _____________...
❑ Using the Channel Menu To access the Channel SMART HUB button on your remote. After Smart Hub appears, use the arrow buttons on your remote to select Channel, and then press button. ENTERE Schedule Manager ■ SMART HUB → Schedule Manager Press the SMART HUB button on your remote, and then select to access the...
Using the Timer Viewing You can set the TV to display a desired channel automatically on a day and at a time of your choice. You must set the current time first using the menu to use this function. To use Timer Viewing, follow these steps: 1.
● Antenna: Select ● Channel: Select the desired channel. You can only select memorized channels. ● Repeat: Select Once, Manual, Sat~Sun, Manual, you can set the day you want. mark indicates a day you selected. Date: You can set a desired date. ◀...
● Time: You can set the start time you want. Start On the Information ● Cancel Schedules: Cancel a scheduled viewing. ● Edit: Change a scheduled viewing. ● Return: Return to the previous screen. ◀ screen, you can change or cancel a scheduled viewing. English ▶...
Channel List ■ Channel List TV displays (Added the CH LIST button on your remote. On the List, you can view Channel channel information, Favorites, and manage channels. When you press the CH LIST button on the remote control, ◀ displayed immediately.
● Channels: Show all added channels. Added ● Favorites 1-5: Show all favorite channels, in up to five groups. Each group has a separate screen. If you want to view the list of favorite channels, press the CH LIST button, and then press the button to return to the The TV displays...
● Mode): Toggles between the favorites using ● (Watch): Press to watch the channel you selected. ● (Page): Scrolls the Channel Status Display Icons Icon Operations An analog channel. ◀ A reserved program. Favorites Favorites) and the Add to to the next or previous page. Channel List English list (if you have added...
How to use Timer Viewing You can use Timer Viewing program for viewing. The TV will turn on and display the digital channel program when the program begins. To schedule a digital program, follow these steps: 1. Press the CH LIST button, then select a desired digital channel. 2.
3. Press the INFO button. 4. Press the ENTERE button. 5. Press RETURN twice to exit. If you want to cancel select Cancel ◀ buttons to select the desired program, and then press the buttons to select Timer Timer Viewing, follow Steps 1 through 3, and then Schedules.
Channel ■ SMART HUB → Using the Channel channels, delete Added channels, set Favorite channels, use the program guide for digital broadcasts and change between the Channels Added also change the antenna or channel settings by selecting the icons in the top right corner of the ◀...
● Antenna: Toggle between use the arrow buttons to move the cursor to the corner of the screen. ● Edit Mode: Add channels to the Channel List. To change between Added Ch. on the screen, and then press the ◀ or Cable.
● Mode: Setting channels you watch frequently as favorites. Edit 1. Select the then press the 2. Press the arrow buttons to select a channel as a favorite, and then press ENTERE. A check appears to the left of the channel. You can select more than one channel.
4. Highlight a group on the Favorites list, and then press ENTERE. Edit Favorites etc.). You can add a favorite channel to any one of the groups. Select a group using the up and down arrows on your remote. 5. Select OK, press ENTERE, and then press ●...
2. Press the ENTERE. A You can select more than one channel. Pressing 3. Select Delete A pop-up appears asking if you want to delete the item. 4. Select OK, press ENTERE, and then press channel is deleted from the Channel. ◀...
Using the TOOLS button with To use the TOOLS button functions, highlight a channel in the list or All Channels ● Add / Delete: Add a channel or delete a channel from the list. When you use the Channel button on your remote to change channels, your TV only displays the channels on the a channel using the TOOLS button in Channel, follow these steps: ◀...
a channel using the TOOLS button in Channel, follow these steps: Delete 1. Use the arrow buttons to select ENTERE. Added Channels 2. On the Added Channels 3. Press the TOOLS button. 4. Select Delete ENTERE ◀ Added will be at the very top or bottom of the screen. screen, select a greyed out channel.
NOTE ● Your TV lists all available channels, both added and deleted, on the All Channels ● A gray-colored channel indicates the channel has been deleted. ● Channel ● Delete only appears if you have selected an Added ◀ ● You can also delete a channel on the channels are bright.
● Favorites: Setting channels you watch frequently as favorites. Edit To set channels as favorites, follow these steps: 1. Highlight a channel in the press the TOOLS button. 2. Select Edit Favorites ENTERE 3. Highlight a group on the etc.), and then press the ◀...
● Favorites: Removing a channel from list of favorites using the TOOLS Edit buton. To remove a channel from the list of favorites, follow these steps: 1. Highlight a favorite channel in the then press the TOOLS button. 2. Select Edit Favorites ENTERE 3.
● Channel Name Edit Assign a name of up to five characters to a channel. For example, Hist, Food, Golf, etc. This makes it easier to find and select the channel. ● Upcoming Program View details on the program being aired on the selected digital channel. Channel Status Display Icons Icon Operations...
❑ Using the Favorite Channels Favorites ■ SMART HUB → View all of your favorite channels. Your favorite channels are organized in up to five groups (Favorites move from one favorite group to another, follow these steps: ◀ 1. Move the cursor to the group name displayed on the top of the screen, and then press the groups appears.
Functions on the Favorites Screen To access the functions listed below, use the arrow buttons to move the cursor to the icon of your choice on the top right corner of the screen, and then press ENTERE. ● View Mode: Toggles between the Text view and Thumbnail view of your favorite channels.
To use View Mode, previous page, and then press ENTERE. Use the left or right arrow button to make your selection, and then press ENTERE. Using Edit Mode to Delete a Favorite 1. Select the press the ENTERE 2. Press the ENTERE.
4. Select OK, press ENTERE, and then press deleted from Favorites. If you have assigned a channel to more than one favorite group (say Favorites 1 and Favorites 2), you must repeat this process in both groups to remove a channel entirely from your Favorites. ◀...
❑ Memorizing Channels → MENUm Channel Antenna (Air / Cable) ■ Your TV memorizes channels and adds the memorized channels to the List. Before your TV can memorize channels, you must specify the signal source, either or Cable. If you select cable, when your start also specify the cable system type, cable system type, contact your local cable company for the information.
To select or Cable, follow these steps: → → 1. Push MENUm Channel ENTERE on your remote. 2. Select Antenna, and then press ENTERE. 3. Select the source of your TV signal, or Cable, and then press the RETURN button. ◀...
Auto Program ■ Scans for channels automatically and stores them in the TV’s memory. To start Auto Program, follow these steps: 1. Push MENUm 2. Select Auto Program, and then press ENTERE. 3. Select Cable If you selected ◀ already be selected. 4.
5. If you selected Cable, the Cable System screen appears. Select Digital, and then press ENTERE. If you selected 6. Select STD, HRC, 7. Repeat for Analog. 8. Select Next, and then press ENTERE. After all the available channels are stored, scrambled channels.
❑ Other Features → MENUm Channel Clear Scrambled Channel ■ This function to filters out scrambled channels after This process may take up to 30 minutes. How to Stop the Clear Scrambled Channels function ◀ 1. Press the ENTERE 2. Press the button to select Yes.
Fine Tune ■ (analog channels only) If the reception is clear, you do not have to fine tune the channel, as this is done automatically during the search and store operation. If the signal is weak or distorted, fine tune the channel manually. Scroll to the left or right until the image is clear.
❑ Changing the Preset Picture Mode → MENUm Picture Picture Mode ■ Picture modes apply preset adjustments to the picture. Select a mode using the up and down arrow keys, and then press the mode, you can only select ● Dynamic: Suitable for a bright room.
❑ Adjusting Picture Settings → MENUm Picture Backlight / Contrast / Brightness / Sharpness / Color / Tint (G/R) ■ Your television has several options for adjusting picture quality. Select an option using the up and down arrow keys, and then press ENTERE. Use the arrow keys to adjust the option value or select an option setting.
When you make changes to (G/R), the OSD will be adjusted accordingly. Color Tint mode, you can only make changes to and Sharpness. You can adjust and store Settings for each external device connected to the TV. Lowering picture brightness reduces power consumption. ◀...
❑ Changing the Picture Size → MENUm Picture Screen Adjustment ■ Screen Adjustment an option using the up and down arrow keys, and then press ENTERE. Use the arrow keys to select an option in the sub-menu, and then press ENTERE. ●...
Zoom1: Use for moderate magnification. Cuts off the top and sides. Zoom2: Use for a stronger magnification. Wide Fit: Enlarges the aspect ratio of the picture so it fits the entire screen. Available with HD 1080i / 720p signals in 16:9 mode. 4:3: Sets the picture to basic (4:3) mode.
Fit: When your TV inputs HDMI (720p / 1080i / 1080p) or Component Screen (1080i / 1080p) signals, displays the full image without any cut-off. Smart View 1: Reduces the 16:9 picture by 50%. 2: Reduces the 16:9 picture by 25%. Smart View Smart View 1 Smart View 2...
To use the Position these steps: ● When Double (à, Œ) mode has been set in Picture Size cannot be set. 1. Press the 2. Press the ENTERE 3. Press the 4. Press the ENTERE ◀ 5. Select Close picture position, press Reset. function after selecting Zoom1, Zoom2 button to select Position.
To use the Position or Component (1080i/1080p), follow these steps: 1. Press the 2. Press the ENTERE 3. Press the u, d, 4. Press the ENTERE 5. Select Close ◀ If you want to reset the picture to its original position, select Position screen.
● HD (High Definition): 16:9 - 1080i/1080p (1920x1080), 720p (1280x720) ● You can adjust and store settings for each external device you have connected to an input on the TV. ● Picture Sizes available by Input Source: ATV, AV, Component (480i, 480p) HDMI (720p, 1080i, 1080p) DTV(1080i), HDMI (720p, 1080i, 1080p) ◀...
❑ Changing the Picture Options Advanced Settings ■ → MENUm Picture Advanced Settings Movie modes. In changes to Gamma To use, select an option using the up and down arrow ◀ keys, and then press ENTERE. Use the arrow keys to change the value or setting, and then press ENTERE.
● Black Tone (Off / Dark / Darker / screen depth. ● Dynamic Contrast (Off / Low / Medium / ● Shadow Detail ● Gamma: Adjusts the primary color intensity. ● Expert Pattern (Off / Pattern1 / to calibrate the picture. If the OSD menu disappears or a menu other than the Picture menu is opened, the TV saves the calibration and the ◀...
Off: Turns the Expert Pattern Pattern1: This test screen demonstrates the effect of the display settings on shades of grey and black. Pattern2: This test screen demonstrates the effect of the display settings on colors. After selecting settings for the desired effect. While the Expert Pattern ◀...
● Color Space (Auto / Native / (the color space) available to create images. To adjust Color, Red, Green, Blue Custom. ● White Balance: Adjusts the color temperature for a more natural picture. R-Offset / G-Offset / darkness. R-Gain / G-Gain / ◀...
● 10p White Balance (Off / by adjusting the red, green, and blue brightness. Available for all inputs when you set the picture mode to Movie. Some external devices may not support this function. Interval: Select interval to adjust. Red: Adjust the red level. Green: Adjust the green level.
● Tone: Emphasizes pink “Flesh Tone.” Flesh ● Edge Enhancement (Off / ● Motion Lighting (Off / brightness when the picture on the screen is in motion. is not supported. When you change the ◀ On): Emphasizes object boundaries. On): Reduces power consumption by reducing screen the TV sets Contrast, Motion Lightning...
● On): Setting xvYCC (Off / color space when your are watching movies input from an external device (e.g. BD/DVD player) connected to the TV’s HDMI or Component IN jacks. Available only when you set the picture mode to input to HDMI or Component. Some external devices may not support this function.
Picture Options ■ → MENUm Picture Select an option using the up and down arrow keys, and the press ENTERE. Use the arrow keys to change the setting, and then press ENTERE. In PC mode, you can only make changes to Tone.
● Digital Noise Filter (Off / Low / Medium / High / Auto / Auto If the broadcast signal received by your TV is weak, you can activate the Noise Filter feature to reduce any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen.
● HDMI Black Level (Normal / selecting a black level. Available only in HDMI mode. ● Film Mode (Off / Auto1 / processes film signals from all sources automatically and adjusts the picture for optimum quality. The inputs an HDMI 24Hz signal. Available in TV, AV, COMPONENT (480i / 1080i) and HDMI (480i / 1080i).
The info screen on your TV displays the resolution and frequency of the incoming video signal (60 Hz). This displayed frequency is not the frequency of the picture the TV is displaying when you have If noise occurs on the screen, please set Auto Motion Plus Judder Reduction settings.
Reduction: Adjusts the blur reduction level for signals input from all video Blur sources. Judder Reduction: Adjusts the judder reduction level for signals input from a video source through which you are playing a movie. Reset: Reset the custom settings. ◀...
Reset Picture (Yes / No) ■ Resets your current picture mode to its default settings. ◀ ▶ English...
❑ Using the TV with Your PC Set the input source to PC. Auto Adjustment ■ → MENUm Picture Automatically adjusts the picture’s frequency, position, and fine tune settings in the PC mode. Available in ◀ Not available if you connect your PC with an HDMI to DVI cable. →...
PC Screen Adjustment ■ → MENUm Picture ENTERE Available in PC mode only. ● Coarse / Fine: Removes or reduces picture noise. If the noise is not removed by Fine-tuning alone, use the as possible (Coarse) and Fine-tune again. After the noise has been reduced, re-adjust the picture so that it is aligned with the center of screen.
Depending on your version of Windows and your video card, the procedure on your PC will probably differ slightly from the procedure presented here. However, the same basic information will apply in most cases. (If not, contact your computer manufacturer or Samsung Dealer.) ◀ English...
1. Click “Control Panel” on the Windows start menu. 2. Click “Appearance and Themes” in the “Control Panel” window. A display dialog- box appear. 3. Click “Display”. Another display dialog box appears. 4. Click the “Settings” tab on the display dialog-box. ●...
❑ Changing the Preset Sound Modes → MENUm Sound Sound Mode ■ Use the up and down arrow keys to select an option, and then press ENTERE. ● Standard: Selects the normal sound mode. ● Music: Emphasizes music over voices. ●...
❑ Adjusting Sound Settings → MENUm Sound Sound Effect ■ Speaker Select Available only when ● SRS TruSurround HD (Off / On) This function provides a virtual 5.1 channel surround sound experience through ◀ a pair of speakers using HRTF (Head Related Transfer Function) technology. ●...
● Equalizer The Equalizer displays a series of sliders. Use the up and down arrow keys to select a slider. Use the left and right arrow keys to change the slider’s value. To Reset Equalizer, press ENTERE. To exit, select Close, and then press ENTERE. Equalizer is available in the standard sound mode only.
3D Audio ■ for LED 6400 Series and above 3D audio technology provides an immersive sound effect corresponding to the immersive perspective effect of 3D video through audio depth control in perspective. Available only when your are watching 3D images. ◀...
Broadcast Audio Options ■ ● Preferred Language (digital channels only) Use the up and down arrow keys to select a language, and then press ENTERE. Digital-TV broadcasts can simultaneously transmit many audio tracks (for example, simultaneous translations of the program into foreign languages). ◀...
● Multi-Track Sound (MTS) (analog channels only) Select an option using the up and down arrow keys, and the press ENTERE. Mono: Choose for channels that are broadcasting in mono or if you are having difficulty receiving a stereo signal. Stereo: Choose for channels that are broadcasting in stereo.
SPDIF Output ■ SPDIF (Sony Philips Digital Interface) provides digital audio output to speakers and various digital devices such as A/V Receivers and Home Theaters which reduces interference and distortion. ● Format: You can select the Digital Audio output (SPDIF) format. The Audio available Digital Audio output (SPDIF) format may differ depending on the input source.
Speaker Settings ■ ● Speaker Select (External Speaker / TV Speaker) If you are listening to the sound track of a broadcast or movie through an external receiver, you may hear a sound echo caused by the difference in decoding speed between the TV’s speakers and the speakers attached to your audio receiver.
NOTE ● When you set are turned off. You will hear sound through the external speakers only. When you set and the external speakers are on. You will hear sound through both. ● When Speaker Select MUTE buttons will not operate and the sound settings will be limited. ●...
● Auto Volume (Off / Normal / Night) Normal equalizes the volume level on each channel, so that when you change channels, the volume level is the same. Night equalizes and decrease the volume level on each channel, so each channel is quieter.
Sound Reset (OK / Cancel) ■ Reset all sound settings to the factory defaults. Select Reset, press ENTERE, select in the pop-up, and then press ENTERE again. ◀ ▶ English...
❑ Wired Network Connection ■ Connecting to a Wired Network There are three ways to attach your TV to your LAN using cable: ● You can attach your TV to your LAN by connecting the LAN port on the back of your TV to an external modem using a LAN cable.
● You can attach your TV to your LAN by connecting the LAN port on the back of your TV to an IP Sharer which is connected to an external modem. Use LAN cable for the connection. See the diagram below. The Modem TV Rear Panel Port on the Wall...
● Depending on how your network is configured, you may be able to attach your TV to your LAN by connecting the LAN port on the back of your TV directly to a network wall outlet using a LAN cable. See the diagram below. Note that the wall outlet is attached to a modem or router elsewhere in your house.
● If you have a Dynamic Network, you should use an ADSL modem or router that supports the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP). Modems and routers that support DHCP automatically provide the IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS values your TV needs to access the Internet so you do not have to enter them manually.
Network Settings ■ → MENUm Network Set the network connection to use various Internet services such as AllShare™ and perform software upgrades. Network Status ■ → MENUm Network You can check the current network and Internet status. ◀ AllShare Settings ■...
Automatic Network Setup ■ Use the Automatic that supports DHCP. To set up your TV’s cable network connection automatically, follow these steps: How to set up automatically 1. Go to the Network Settings → (MENUm Network → ENTERE) Settings ◀ 2.
If the connection process fails, check the LAN port connection. If the automatic process cannot find the network connection values or if you want to set the connection manually, go to the next secton, Manual Network ◀ Network Setting Wired network and Internet connection completed. Internet is connected successfully.
Manual Network Setup ■ Use the Manual Network Setup when connecting your TV to a network that requires a Static IP address. Getting the Network Connection Values To view the Network connection values on most Windows computers, follow these steps: 1.
How to set up manually To set up your TV’s cable network connection manually, follow these steps: 1. Go to the Network Settings (MENUm → Network → ENTERE) 2. Select Wired, press ENTERE, and then press ENTERE screen appears and the verification process ◀...
4. Select the field at the top, press ENTERE, and then set 5. Press the button on your remote to go to the IP Address entry field, and then press ENTERE. 6. Enter the first portion of the field using the number keys on your remote. Press the right arrow button to go to the next field.
9. When done entering the 10. Press the down arrow key to go to the ENTERE. 11. Repeat the same entry process for 12. When done, select The network test screen appears and the verification process starts. When the connection has been verified, the “Internet connection successful.” message appears.
USB port. See the illustration below. For LED 6050 Series ◀ The LAN Port on the Wall For LED 6000~6450 Series : One Samsung Wireless LAN adapter is included with your TV. Wireless IP sharer (router having DHCP server) LAN Cable English TV Rear Panel...
Samsung’s Wireless LAN adapter is sold separately and is offered by selected retailers, Ecommerce sites and Samsungparts.com. Samsung’s Wireless LAN adapter supports the IEEE 802.11a/b/g and n communication protocols. Samsung recommends using IEEE 802.11n. When you play video over a IEEE 802.11b/g connection, the video may not play smoothly.
● To use a wireless network, your TV must be connected to a wireless IP sharer (either a router or a modem). If the wireless IP sharer supports DHCP, your TV can use a DHCP or static IP address to connect to the wireless network. ●...
If you select the Pure High-throughput (Greenfield) 802.11n mode and the Encryption type is set to WEP, TKIP or TKIP AES (WPS2Mixed) on your AP or wireless router, Samsung TVs will not support a connection in compliance with new Wi-Fi certification specifications.
● Ensure the TV is turned on before you connect the Samsung Wireless LAN adapter. ● Connection Methods: You can set up the wireless network connection in five ways: – Auto Setup (Using the Auto Network Search function) – Manual Setup –...
The picture may appear corrupted or have static for some channels when the TV is connected to the Samsung Wireless LAN adapter. If this occurs, establish a connection using one of the following methods or connect the Samsung Wireless LAN adapter using a USB cable in a place that is not affected by radio interference.
1. Connect the extension cable to the USB 1 (HDD) port. 2. Connect the extension cable and Samsung Wireless LAN adapter. 3. Attach the Samsung Wireless LAN adapter to the back of the TV near the top, using double-sided adhesive tape.
❑ Connecting to a Wireless Network for LED 6500 Series and above You can connect your TV to your LAN through a standard wireless router or modem. Wireless IP sharer The LAN Port on the Wall (router having DHCP server) ◀...
This TV supports the IEEE 802.11a/b/g and n communication protocols. Samsung recommends using IEEE 802.11n. When you play video over a IEEE 802.11b/g connection, the video may not play smoothly. NOTE ● To use a wireless network, your TV must be connected to a wireless IP sharer (either a router or a modem).
If you select the Pure High-throughput (Greenfield) 802.11n mode and the Encryption type is set to WEP, TKIP or TKIPAES (WPS2Mixed) on your AP or wireless router, Samsung TVs will not support a connection in compliance with new Wi-Fi certification specifications.
● Connection Methods: You can setup the wireless network connection in five ways: – Auto Setup (Using the Auto Network Search function) – Manual Setup – WPS (PBC) – One Foot Connection – Plug & Access ◀ English ▶...
■ Automatic Network Setup Most wireless networks have an optional security system that requires devices that access the network to transmit an encrypted security code called an Access or Security Key. The Security Key is based on a Pass Phrase, typically a word or a series of letters and numbers of a specified length you were asked to enter when you set up security for your wireless network.
How to set up automatically 1. Go to the Network Settings (MENUm → Network → ENTERE. Settings 2. Select Wireless ENTERE, and then press again. 3. The Network function searches for available ◀ wireless networks. When done, it displays a list of the available networks.
5. If the Security Key step 6. If you select a wireless router that does not have security, go to step 8. 6. If the Enter wireless router has security, enter the Security key PIN). When you enter the (Security key or PIN), use buttons on your remote to select number/characters.
8. The network connection screen appears and the verification process starts. When the connection has been verified, the “Internet connection successful.” message appears. If the network does not accept the select Retry If you want to set up the connection manually, select to the next section, “How to set up manually”.
Manual Network Setup ■ Use the Manual Network Setup when connecting your TV to a network that requires a Static IP address or if the automatic connection process has failed. Getting the Network Connection Values To view the Network connection values on most Windows computers, follow these steps: 1.
How to set up manually To set up your TV’s cable network connection manually, follow these steps: 1. Go to the Network Settings screen. → (MENUm Network → ENTERE) 2. Select Wireless ENTERE, then press 3. The Network function searches for available ◀...
4. In the list of networks, press the press the ENTERE If the Access Point (AP) is set to Hidden (Invisible), you have to select Network and enter the correct network Name (SSID) and Security key to establish the connection. 5.
6. Enter the Security key (Security key When you enter the buttons on your remote to select numbers/characters. Press enter the characters. You can also enter numbers by pressing the number buttons on your remote. You should be able to find the Pass Phrase on one of the set up screens you used to set up your router or modem.
8. The network connection screen appears and the verification process starts. Press ENTERE screen. The IP Settings 9. Select the field on the top, press ENTERE, and then set 10. Press the button on your remote to go to the IP Address entry field, and then press ENTERE.
13. Repeat the entry process for each field in the If you make a mistake when entering a number, re-enter the number to correct it. You can also press the unit at a time. 14. When done entering the 15. Press the button to go to the ENTERE.
WPS(PBC) Network Setup ■ How to set up using WPS(PBC) If your router has a WPS(PBC) button, follow these steps: 1. Go to Network Setting (MENUm → Network → ENTERE). Settings 2. Select WPS(PBC), ◀ and then press 3. Press the WPS(PBC) button on your router within 2 minutes.
One Foot Connection Network Setup ■ One Foot Connection automatically to a Samsung wireless router. If your wireless router does not support Connection, you must connect using one of the other methods. One Foot You can check for equipment that supports samsung.com.
How to set up using One Foot Connection 1. Turn on the Samsung wireless router and the TV. 2. Go to Network Settings (MENUm → Network → ENTERE). 3. Select One Foot Connection, and press ENTERE, then press ◀ screen.
4. Place the wireless router in parallel with the Samsung Wireless LAN adapter or your TV set (if you do not need to use the Adapter), and no farther away than 25cm (about 9 3/4 inches). One Foot Connection window appears on the screen notifying you of the failure. If you want to try...
Plug & Access Samsung wireless router by using a USB memory stick to transfer the setup information from the router to the TV. If your non-Samsung AP does not support Plug & Access, you must connect using one of the other methods.
How to set up using the Plug & Access function 1. Turn on the Samsung wireless router and your TV. 2. Insert a USB memory stick into the USB port in your Samsung wireless router. Check the router’s LED’s to make sure it is on (Blinking → on).
5. The network connection screen appears, and the network setup is done. 6. Place the wireless router in a desired location. If the wireless router’s settings change or you install a new wireless router, you must perform the ◀ procedure again, beginning from Step Plug &...
This Priority QOS function is unique to Samsung wireless routers. You can connect a Samsung wireless router to many devices, such as laptops, mobile phones, BD players etc. But, when you connect a Samsung TV to a Samsung wireless router, the Samsung wireless router gives the Samsung TV a priority connection. This ensures you get the highest quality streaming contents and the fastest throughput speed.
■ You can connect to a mobile device supporting Ad-hoc connections without a wireless router or wireless router through the “Samsung Wireless LAN adapter”. When connected to a mobile device, you can use files on the device or connect to the Internet using the AllShare or Multimedia function.
4. Select OK, and press ENTERE. The TV searches for the mobile device. 5. When the TV finish searching for mobile devices, input the generated Name (SSID) If network does not operate normally, check the Security key again. An incorrect Security key may cause a malfunction. If a device is connected once, it is displayed in the Network Setting list.
The internet connection may fail because of a firewall problem. If this is the case, contact your Internet service provider. If you cannot connect to the Internet even after you have followed the procedures of your Internet service provider, please contact Samsung Electronics at 1-800-SAMSUNG. English...
❑ Setting the Time → MENUm System Time ■ The current time will appear every time you press the INFO button. ● Clock: Set the clock to use the various timer features of the TV. If you disconnect the power cord, you have to set the clock again. –...
Manual: Set the current time manually. Depending on the broadcast station and signal, the auto time set up may not be correct. In this case, set the time manually. – Clock Set: Set the Select Clock number buttons to enter numbers or press the up and down arrow buttons. Use the left and right arrow buttons to move from one entry field to the next.
– Zone: Select your time zone. Time This function is only available when the – DST (Off / On): Switches the DST (Daylight Saving Time) function on or off. This function is only available when the Using the Sleep Timer →...
Setting the On / Off Timer → MENUm System On Timer so that your TV turns on automatically at a time and on a day of your choosing. ● Timer: You can set up three separate On Timer configurations. 2, On Timer ◀...
Setup: Select or Manual. Off, Once, Everyday, Mon~Fri, Mon~Sat, Sat~Sun If you select Manual, you can choose the days you want On Timer to turn on your TV. mark indicates days you’ve selected. Time: Set the hour, minute, am/pm. Use the number buttons or the up and down arrow keys to enter numbers.
Source: Select TV or USB. Select TV and the TV will display broadcast or cable TV programs when it turns on automatically. Select USB and the TV will play content from a USB device when the TV turns on automatically. (You can select USB only when a USB device is connected to the TV) Antenna (when the...
NOTE ● If there is no music file on the USB device or you don’t select a folder containing a music file, the Timer function does not operate correctly. ● If there is only one photo file in the USB, the Slide Show will not play. ●...
● Off Timer 1 / Off Timer 2 / Off Timer You can set up three separate Off Timer configurations. Timer You must set the clock before you can Timer. Setup: Select Off, Once, Everyday, Mon~Fri, Mon~Sat, Sat~Sun ◀ you select Manual, you can choose the days you want Off Timer mark indicates days you’ve selected.
❑ Blocking Programs → MENUm System Security ■ When you access the Security functions for the first time, the PIN input screen appears. Enter a 4 digit PIN you will remember. The PIN screen closes and the Securty Menu appears. Every time you access the Security functions, the PIN screen will appear and you must enter that PIN.
Rating: You can block TV programs based on their ratings. This function allows you to control what your children can watch. TV Rating displays a grid with locks. The following categories are on the left side: – TV-Y: Young children / TV-Y7: Children 7 and over / TV-G: General audience / TV-PG: Parental guidance / TV-14: Viewers 14 and over / MA: Mature audience ◀...
The following categories are on top: – ALL: Lock all TV ratings. / FV: Fantasy violence / V: Violence / S: Sexual situation / L: Adult Language / D: Sexually Suggestive Dialog To block certain content, you select a lock, and press is, you “click it”.).
To unblock a category, click the lock. To unblock all the categories in a row, click the lock under ALL. To watch a blocked program, you must enter the Security code when requested. Movie Rating (MPAA): You can block movies based on their MPAA rating. The Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) has implemented a rating system that provides parents or guardians with advanced information on which films are appropriate for children.
displays a column with locks and the following ratings Movie Rating categories: – G: General audience (no restrictions). / PG: Parental guidance suggested. / PG-13: Parents strongly cautioned. / R: Restricted. Children under 17 should be accompanied by an adult. / NC-17: No children under age 17. / X: Adults only.
Canadian English Anglophone Canadian rating. Canadian English Rating ratings categories: – C: Programming intended for children under age 8. / C8+: Programming generally considered acceptable for children 8 years and over to watch on their own. / G: General programming, suitable for all audiences. / PG: Parental Guidance.
To block certain content, you select a lock, and press is, you “click it”.). For example, click the programs rated 18+. The rating categories are also grouped so that clicking one category blocks all the categories a parent would block along with it.
Canadian French Canadian rating. Canadian French Rating ratings categories: – G: General / children 8 years and over to watch on their own. / may not be suitable for children under the age of 13. / Programming is not suitable for children under the age of 16. / ◀...
To block certain content, you select a lock, and press is, you “click it”.). For example, click the TV programs rated that clicking one category blocks all the categories a parent would block along with it. For example, if you block the 8 ans+ category, then ans+, 16 ans+ To unblock a category, click the lock.
NOTE ● If information is not downloaded from the broadcasting station, Downloadable U.S. Rating ● Parental restriction information is automatically downloaded while you watch DTV channels. It may take several seconds. ● Downloadable U.S. Rating information is downloaded from the broadcasting station. However, depending on the information from the broadcasting station, it may not ◀...
● Even if you set the on-screen display to another language, the Downloadable U.S. Rating ● Blocking one rating level will automatically block other categories that deal with more sensitive material. ● The rating titles (For example: Humor Level..etc) and TV ratings (For example: DH, MH, H..etc) may differ depending on the broadcasting station.
How to watch a restricted program or movie If the TV is tuned to a restricted program or movie, the block it. The screen will go blank and the following message will appear: “This channel is blocked by unblock.” Enter the PIN to unblock the program or movie. If you forget the PIN, press the remote-control buttons in the following sequence, which resets the pin to “0-0-0-0:”...
❑ Other Features → MENUm System Menu Language ■ Set the menu language. 1. Select Menu Language, and then press the 2. Choose a language, and then press the Choose from English, ◀ → ENTERE ENTERE ENTERE Español, and Français. English button.
Caption ■ (On-Screen Text Messages) ● Caption (Off / are not available, they will not be displayed on the screen. Caption through the Component, HDMI or PC input jacks. ● Mode: You can select the desired caption mode. Caption The availability of captions depends on the program being broadcast. ◀...
Default / Service1~Service6 / CC1~CC4 / only) The Digital Captions function works with digital channels. Service1~6 broadcast. ● Digital Caption done, select Close. Size: Options include Default, Small, Standard and Large. The default is Standard. ◀ Font Style: Options include Default and Styles 0 to 7. The default is Style 0. Color: You can change the color of the letters.
Color: You can change the background color of the caption. Background Options include Default, White, Black, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Magenta and Cyan. The default is Black. Foreground Opacity: This adjusts the opacity of text. Options include Default, Transparent, Translucent, Solid and Flashing. Opacity: This adjusts the opacity of the caption background.
NOTE ● Digital Caption Options Service1 ~ Service6 ● The availability of captions depends on the program being broadcast. ● Default ● You cannot set the ● You cannot set both the ◀ Opacity are available only when you can select Caption setting follows the standards set by the broadcaster.
❑ Economical Solutions Eco Solution ■ → MENUm System ● Energy Saving (Off / Low / Medium / High / Picture the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. If you select Picture Off, the screen is turned off, but the sound remains on. Press any button except the volume button to turn on the screen.
Backlight: When screen brightness. Eco Sensor darker or brighter) depending on the surrounding light intensity. You can control the screen’s minimum brightness with the Min Backlight function. ● No Signal Power Off (Off / 15 min. / 30 min. / 60 min.): energy consumption, you can set how long you want the TV to remain on if it’s not receiving a signal.
Auto Protection Time (Off / 2 hours / 4 hours / 8 hours / 10 hours) ■ If the screen displays a still image for a certain period of time you define, the TV activates the screen saver to prevent the formation of burnt in ghost images on the screen.
General ■ ● Game Mode (Off a PlayStation™ or Xbox™ to the TV, you can enjoy a more realistic gaming experience if you set Game Mode on. Precautions and limitations for – Before disconnecting a game console and connecting another external device, set –...
On: Standard On): Provides the optimal picture quality for Samsung DVD, On): Displays the Samsung logo when the TV is turned on. English Sound mode is set to Movie.
Anynet+(HDMI-CEC) ■ For details on set up options, refer to the “What is Anynet+?” instructions. ◀ ▶ English...
DivX® Video On Demand ■ Shows the registration code authorized for the TV. If you connect to the DivX web site and register using that code, you can download the VOD registration file. If you activate the VOD registration using My Contents, the registration is completed. For more information about DivX®...
Network Remote Control (On / Off) ■ Turn on/off or give permission to Samsung mobile phone devices to connect with and control the TV. You must have a Samsung Mobile phone/device which supports Wireless Remote Control. For more details, refer to each device’s manual.
❑ Picture In Picture (PIP) → MENUm System ■ You can watch a program whose signal has passed through the TV’s tuner and video from one external video source simultaneously. For example, if you have a cable box connected to the Cable In jack, you can use PIP to watch programs from the cable box and a movie from a Blu-ray player attached to the HDMI In jack.
NOTE ● For PIP sound, refer to the ● If you turn the TV off while watching in the PIP mode, the PIP function is reset to off. When you turn your TV on, you must turn PIP on again to watch in the PIP mode.
● PIP Settings The picture from the external video source will be in the main screen and the picture from the TV’s tuner will be in the PIP sub-picture window. Main picture Sub picture Component, HDMI, PC ◀ ▶ English...
● On): Activate or deactivate the PIP function. PIP (Off / ● Air/Cable (Air / sub-screen. ● Channel: Select the channel for the sub-screen. ● (õ Size ã ● (ã Position In Double (à, Œ) mode, you cannot select Position. ◀...
❑ Support Menu → MENUm Support e-Manual ■ e-Manual is built into your TV. Open the TV’s many features. For the detailed information about the e-Manual Screen, refer to “How to view the e-Manual” in the Users Manual. ◀ → ENTERE e-Manual English...
Yes: Select Yes if the test picture does not appear or there is noise or distortion in the test picture. There may be a problem with the TV. Contact Samsung’s Call Center for assistance.
Yes: Select ◀ speaker during the sound test. There may be a problem with the TV. Contact Samsung’s Call Center for assistance. No: Select problem with your external equipment. Please check your connections. If the problem persists, refer to the external device’s user manual.
● Information: (digital channels only) The reception quality of over-the-air Signal HD channels is either perfect or the channels are unavailable. Signal Information displays HD channel signal strength so you can adjust your antenna to increase signal strength and receive HD channels. ●...
Software Upgrade ■ The Software Upgrade menu lets you upgrade your TV’s software to the latest version. ● Current Version: This is the software version already installed in the TV. The current version is displayed in the following format: Year/Month/Day_ Version number.
Upgrading to the Latest Version You can upgrade in four ways: • By USB • By Online • Alternative Software • By Standby Mode Upgrade The three methods are explained in the following pages. ◀ Be careful not to turn off the power until the upgrade is complete. The TV will turn off and on automatically after completing the software upgrade.
By USB To upgrade by USB, follow these steps: 1. Visit www.samsung.com. 2. Download the latest USB software upgrade exe archive to your computer. 3. Extracts the exe archive to your computer. You should have a single folder with the same name as the exe file.
By Online By Online function lets you download the upgrade software directly from the Internet into your TV and then upgrade the software in one operation. To use By Online, you must have configured your TV to connect to your network and the TV must be connected to the Internet.
4. If you select Upgrade turns on automatically. 5. If you do not make a selection in one minute or select stores the new upgrade software. You can upgrade the software later using the Alternative Software function. 6. If you select Don’t ◀...
Alternative Software Alternative Software earlier, but you decided not to install immediately, or a file downloaded by the TV in Standby Mode (See To upgrade By Alternative 1. If upgrade software has been downloaded, you will see the software version number to the right of 2.
Standby Mode Upgrade You can set the Standby Mode Upgrade function so that the TV downloads new upgrade software when it is in Standby mode. In Standby mode, the TV is off, but its Internet connection is active. This allows the TV to download upgrade software automatically, when you are not using it.
To set Standby Mode 1. Press the arrow buttons to select ENTERE 2. Select or Off. ● Off: If you select Off, the TV will notify you with a pop up message when new upgrade software is available. ● On: If you select On, the TV will automatically download new upgrade software when it is in Standby mode with the power off.
Contact Samsung ■ View this information when your TV does not work properly or when you want to upgrade the software. You can find information regarding our call centers and how to download products and software. ◀ ▶ English...
■ Using the 3D function This exciting new feature enables you to view 3D content. To fully enjoy this feature, you must purchase a pair of Samsung 3D Active Glasses (SSG-3100GB, SSG-3300GR, SSG-3300CR, SSG-3700CR) to view 3D video. Samsung 3D Active Glasses are sold separately.
IMPORTANT HEALTH AND SAFETY INFORMATION FOR 3D PICTURES. Read and understand the following safety information before using the TV’s 3D function. WARNING ● Some viewers may experience discomfort while viewing 3D TV such as dizziness, nausea and headaches. If you experience any such symptom, stop viewing 3D TV, remove the 3D Active Glasses and rest.
● A responsible adult should frequently check on children who are using the 3D function. If there are any reports of tired eyes, headaches, dizziness, or nausea, have the child stop viewing 3D TV and rest. ● Do not use the 3D Active Glasses for other purposes (such as general eyeglasses, sunglasses, protective goggles, etc.) ●...
● Mode: Select the 3D input format. If you want to experience the 3D effect fully, put the 3D Active Glasses on first, and then select the 3D Mode from the list below that provides the best 3D viewing experience. 3D Mode 2D →...
● 3D Perspective (-5 ~ ● Depth (1~10): Adjust overall depth. ● L/R Change (L/R Image / R/L → ● 2D (Off / This function is deactivated when ● Optimize: Automatically adjusts the picture overall to provide an optimal 3D effect.
How to watch the 3D images Some 3D modes may not be available depending on the format of the image source. To watch in 3D, you must wear 3D Active Glasses and turn the glasses on by pressing the power button. 1.
3. Use the and then press the 4. Using the control, select the you want to view. ◀ button to select Mode, button. ENTERE buttons on your remote 3D Mode of the image English 3D mode Cancel ● The displayed image may differ depending on the model.
Supported formats and operating specifications for Standard HDMI 3D The 3D formats listed below are recommended by the HDMI association and must be supported by 3D TVs. Source signal format 1920x1080p@24Hz x 2 1280x720p@60Hz x 2 ◀ Standard HDMI 1.4 3D 1920x2205p@24Hz 1280x1470p@60Hz English...
◀ ● is not supported in ● 3D Active Glasses from Samsung’s previous product (IR type) or other manufacturers are not be supported. ● When the TV is initially powered on, it may take some time until the 3D display is optimized.
● The 3D Active Glasses may not work properly if there is any other 3D product or electronic devices turned on near the glasses or TV. If there is a problem, keep other electronic devices as far away as possible from the 3D Active Glasses.
❑ Smart Hub Using Smart Hub, you can stream movies, videos, and music from the Internet, access various for pay or free-of-charge applications and view them on your TV. Application content includes news, sports, weather forecasts, stock ◀ market quotes, maps, photos, and games. You can also start this function by pressing the SMART HUB button on the remote control.
● ● ● N The colored buttons may work differently depending on the English Exit: Exits the SMART HUB. Samsung Apps : You can download various for pay or free-of-charge application services. Recommended : Displays recommended contents managed by Samsung.
NOTE ● Samsung Electronics takes no legal responsibility for any interruption of the Smart Hub service caused by the service provider for any reason. ● The Smart Hub service downloads and processes data via the Internet so that you can enjoy the Internet contents on your TV screen. If the Internet connection is unstable, the service may be delayed or interrupted.
● For more information about a Smart Hub service, visit the web site of the applicable service provider. ● The services provided are subject to change by the Smart Hub service provider without notice. ● The Smart Hub service contents may differ depending on the player’s firmware version.
Starting Smart Hub the First Time To start Smart Hub for the first time, follow these steps : 1. Press the SMART HUB button. 2. The screen appears. In a few cases, the Smart Hub immediately after. 3. If the Country screen has appeared, press the your country, then press the...
Using the Keypad Through your remote, you can use the On-Screen Keypad to enter letters, numbers, and symbols. ● Entering Text, Numbers and Symbols To enter text, press the number button on the remote that corresponds to the letter you want to enter. Press the button rapidly to enter a letter that is not the first letter listed on the On-Screen keypad button.
Creating an Account To establish your own, exclusive, configuration of Smart Hub, create your own Smart Hub account. Note ● You must use an e-mail address as an ID. ● You can register up to 10 User Accounts. ● You do not need an account to use ◀...
To create an account, follow these steps: 1. Press the button on your remote control. The Login screen appears. 2. Press the Create Account, and then press the ENTERE button. 3. On the next screen, select Account, and then press the ◀...
5. When done, press the button again. The Login screen re-appears. ENTERE 6. Select Password, and then press the and a keyboard appear. 7. Use the keypad to enter a password. The password can be any combination of letters, numbers, and symbols. Press the enter it.
8. When done, press the button again. The Login screen re-appears. ENTERE 9. Select Confirm, and then press the 10. Repeat Steps 7 and 8. 11. When the Login screen re-appears, select ENTERE button. The Confirmation window appears. 12. Select OK, and then press the Service window appears.
14. The Register Service Account Window appears. If you have existing accounts with any of the listed providers, you can associate the provider account and the provider account password with your Smart Hub account. Registration makes it easier to access the providers web site. For registration instructions, go to Step 2 in in the Settings...
Account Log In To log in to your Smart Hub 1. With the Smart Hub your remote. The Login screen appears. 2. Select the next to the button. 3. Select your ID from the list that appears, and then press the The Login screen re-appears.
4. Select Password, and then press the window and a keypad appears. 5. Using the keypad and your remote, enter your password. When done, press ENTERE If you want Smart Hub to enter your password automatically, select Remember my Smart TV id and password password, and then press the Hub will now enter your password automatically when you select or enter your ID.
❑ Setting up Smart Hub Settings ■ The Settings Menu Screen gives you access to account management, account reset, and account properties functions. To access the Settings 1. Press the button on your remote. 2. Press the ◀ Menu, and then select a menu item, follow these steps: to select a menu item, and then press the English ENTERE...
The functions on the ● Account Management Account Management functions that let you register your service provider accounts, change your Smart Hub password, and delete or deactivate your Smart Hub account. ◀ Menu screen are described below. Settings Menu contains English Settings Account Management...
Register Service providers listed by the the provider account and the provider account password with your Smart Hub account. If you associate the account, you will be able to log onto the account through Smart Hub easily, without entering your account name or password. To use the Account Management 1.
2. Press the associate with your Smart Hub account, and then press the button. If you have a Samsung account and you want to use the Apps function in Smart Hub, you must register your Samsung Apps account here. 3. Using your remote and the on-screen Keypad, enter your site ID and password.
4. If you have entered the ID and password correctly, the Successfully service provider. If you do, press the RETURN button and return to the 5. If you pressed ENTERE, repeat Steps 2 through 4 to associate another Service Provider. 6.
Password: The Change Smart Hub password. To change the password, follow these steps: 1. Select Change 2. Enter your current password. The next screen appears. 3. On the next screen, enter a new password on the first line. Enter it again on the second line to confirm.
List: The function Remove from TV Account Remove From TV Account List cancels all your current registered Service Accounts that you registered on the screen. Register Service Account Deactivate Account: The Deactivate Account function deactivates your Smart TV ID and deletes it and all your account settings entirely from Smart Hub.
● Service Manager Ticker Autorun: You can set Ticker application provides useful News, Weather, and Stock Market information. The this feature. Depending on your country, the or not be supported. ◀ Channel Bound Service (Off / Internet data service, allowing you to access the Internet service while watching Only available if supported by the broadcaster Ticker Autorun application on...
● Reset: The function initializes all downloaded applications, erases all Reset user accounts and settings from the TV, and resets all Smart Hub settings to the factory default settings. It then restarts Smart Hub as if it were starting for the first time.
2. Enter the your security password. The default password set is “0-0-0-0.” If you forget the PIN code, press the remote control buttons in the following sequence in Standby mode, which resets the PIN to “0-0-0-0”: MUTE → 8 → 2 → 4 → POWER (on). 3.
● Properties The Properties menu item lists three functions that display information about Smart Hub : Detail: Lists information about Smart Hub including version number, the number of services installed, memory usage, and the unique product ID. Terms of Service Agreement: Display the Terms of Service Agreement.
Edit Mode ■ The functions in the Applications section of the and unlock access to some applications, create folders and move applications to them, rename folders, delete applications, and change the position of applications on the screen. To access the follow these steps: 1.
The functions in the NOTE ● Some menu items may not appear on the screen. To see these items, press to move to the screen edge, and then press one more time to reveal the items. ● You can close the bar by highlighting the X on the bottom right side, and then pressing the ●...
3. Press the ENTERE 4. Press the when the icon is in the position of your choice. The application moves to its new location. ● New Folder New Folder have created a folder, you can move applications into it. ◀ To use the New Folder 1.
3. Use the keypad to enter the name of the folder. 4. Select OK, and then press the closes and the New Folder appears on the Smart Hub screen. ● Move to Folder Move to Folder Move to Folder 1. Press the ◀...
3. Press the ENTERE 4. Press the button. The application has been moved to the folder. To access an application in a Folder 1. Close the Edit Mode 2. In My Applications, press the ◀ press the ENTERE 3. Select an application, and then press the service starts.
To Edit Items in a Folder Select a folder, and then press the button on your remote. The Edit buttons appear at the bottom of the screen. These buttons work the same as the screen. For example, to move an application back to the My Applications main screen: 1.
● Rename Folder Rename Folder Folder function, follow these steps: 1. Press the 2. Press the button. 3. Press the ENTERE ◀ 4. Use the key board to enter a new name. 5. Select OK, and then press the window closes and the new name appears below the folder. function lets you rename folders.
● Lock Lock function lets you lock some application in My Applications so they can not be opened without entering the password. To use the Lock 1. Press the 2. Press the ENTERE darkens. ◀ 3. Press the button. The Security window appears. 4.
● Unlock 1. Press the 2. Press the ENTERE 3. Press the button. The Security window appears. 4. Enter your password. If you have not created a password, enter “0-0-0-0”. 5. Press the ENTERE ◀ confirming the lock has been release, and then closes. button on your remote.
● Delete Delete function lets you delete application from My Applications. To use Delete function, follow these steps: 1. Press the 2. Press the ENTERE 3. Press the button. The message, ◀ 4. Select Yes, and then press the deleted. button on your remote.
Sort by ■ The functions in the Sort Menu let you sort the applications in My Applications by Name, Date, Frequency (of use), and Category. If you manually change the position of an application, the Sort Menu automatically highlights when you start it. To sort the applications in My Applications, follow these steps: 1.
❑ Using Smart Hub Enjoy photos, music and/or movie files saved on a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) device and/or your PC. 1. Press the SMART HUB button. 2. Press the Photos, or Music, and then press the button. ENTERE ◀...
❑ Connecting a USB Device 1. Turn on your TV. 2. Connect a USB device containing photo, music and/or movie files to the USB [1(HDD), 2 or 3] port on the back or side panel of the TV. 3. When a USB device is connected to the TV, Connected Device ◀...
Read this information before using ● The USB function might not work properly with unlicenced multimedia files. ● MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) is not supported. ● The file system supports FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS. ● Certain types of USB Digital camera and audio devices may not be compatible with this TV.
● Before connecting your device to the TV, please back up your files to prevent them from damage or loss of data. SAMSUNG is not responsible for any data file damage or data loss. ● Connect a USB HDD to the dedicated USB 1 (HDD) port.
● The TV cannot play MP3 files with DRM that have been downloaded from a for pay site. Digital Rights Management (DRM) is a technology that supports the creation, distribution, and management of digital content in an integrated and comprehensive way, including protecting the rights and interests of content providers, preventing illegal copying of contents, and managing billings and settlements.
● If the TV has no input during the time set in Screensaver will run. ● The power-saving mode of some external hard disk drives may be released automatically when you connect them to the TV. ● If you connect a USB device with a USB extension cable, the TV may not recognize the USB device or read the files on the device.
❑ Connecting to a PC through a network You can play pictures, music, and videos saved in your PC through a network connection in the AllShare For more information on how to configure your TV and connect it to your network, see ‘Network Connection’.
The following Smart Hub functions are not supported when you are playing media from a PC connected through a network: ● Background Music ● Sorting files by preference in the ● (REW) or π Divx DRM, Multi-audio, embedded captions are not supported. Set your PC firewall program so that AllShare PC Software is a permitted program.
Depending on the Internet server, when you use Smart Hub through a network connection: ● The sorting method may vary. ● Scene Search ● function, which resumes playing of a video, may not be Resume supported. – Resume the point where the most recent user stopped playing a video.) ◀...
❑ Screen Display Move to the file you want to play using the up/down/right/left buttons, and then press the ENTERE Music Device name: Displays the name of the connected device File List Section: Displays ◀ files sorted according to your criteria. (Play) button.
Videos ❑ Playing a Video 1. Press the desired video in the file list. 2. Press the ENTERE button. ● The file name appears on the top with its ◀ playing time. ● If video time information is unknown, the playing time and progress bar are not displayed.
● You can use the bottom of your remote during playback. ● Press the RETURN button to exit the movie ● Supported Video Subitle Formats (for language subtiles, etc.) Name MPEG-4 time-based text SAMI ◀ SubRip SubViewer Micro DVD (REW), (FF), Pause, Stop, and Play buttons on the π...
Other Restrictions NOTE ● Video content will not play, or not play correctly, if there is an error in the content or the container. ● Sound or video may not work if the contents have a standard bitrate/frame rate above the compatible Frame/sec listed in the table above. ●...
● The menu may take longer to appear if the video’s bit rate exceeds 10Mbps. ● Some USB/digital camera devices may not be compatible with the player. Video Decoder • Supports up to H.264, Level 4.1 • H.264 FMO / ASO / RS, VC1 SP / MP / AP L4 and AVCHD are not supported.
Using the Play Continuously Function (Resume Play) If you exit a movie when it is playing, you can play the movie later from the point where you stopped it. Resume function does not support multiple users. (It will only memorize the point where the most recent user stopped playing.) 1.
Music ❑ Playing Music 1. Press the desired music file in the file list. 2. Press the ENTERE button. ● When the music is playing, you can search ◀ using the (REW) and π Smart Hub only displays files with MP3 file extensions.
Creating My Playlist 1. On the Music screen in the select Edit Mode, and then press the A check box appears to the left of the files. 2. Press the press the ENTERE A check appears in the check box. ◀...
4. Press the Note that selecting playlist and remove all the tracks you added. 5. Press the ENTERE Playlist.” is displayed. 6. The newly created or updated playlist will be in the main Playing My Playlist ◀ Select the My Playlist play a different music file within the play list.
Playing Selected Music Files 1. On the Music screen in the select Edit Mode on the far right side of the screen, and then press the button. u /d 2. Press the then ENTERE button. mark appears to the left of the selected files. 3.
Photos ❑ Viewing a Photo (or Slide 1. Press the l/r/u/d desired file in the file list. 2. Press the ENTERE ● To view files manually, one at a time, press the left or right arrow buttons. ◀ ● To start the slide show, press the button when the file you selected is displayed.
When you press the immediately. During a show, press the TOOLS button to access additional functions such Slide Slide Show Speed, Background Music, You can add background music to a slide show if you have music files on your USB device or PC by setting Background Music to On in the Tools menu, and then selecting music files to play.
Smart Hub - Additional Functions ❑ Sorting the file lists To sort files in the file lists, select the by using the below indicate which media the sort criteria apply to. Sort Criteria Folder View ◀ Title Latest Date Earliest Date (Sort) icon in the top right of the screen button.
Sort Criteria Artist Album Genre Monthly ◀ Operation Sorts the music file by artist in alphabetical order. Sorts the music file by album in alphabetical order. Sorts music files by the genre. Sorts and shows photo files by month. English Videos Music Photos...
Videos/Music/Photos Play Option menu When playing video, music, or photo files, you can press the TOOLS button to display an Options menu. Below are a series of tables listing the options available and the media each option applies to. Option Name Operations List Return to the file list.
Option Name Operations Title Search You can move directly to another Title. You can search the movie using Time Search at intervals of 10 seconds. You can view a subtitle. You can select a specific language if the subtitle file contains multiple Subtitle languages.
Option Name Operations Sound Mode You can change the You can enjoy video in one of supported languages. The function is enabled only when you Audio Language play stream-type files which support multiple audio formats. Displays the Subtitle Setting subtitle option. Start Slide Show / You can start or stop a slide show.
Option Name Operations Slide Show Effect You can set various slide show effects. Background Music You can start or stop background music. On / Off You can set and select background music when Background Music watching a photo file or slide show. Setting Zoom You can zoom into images in full screen mode.
❑ Using Samsung Apps Samsung Apps ■ Samsung Apps is a store from which you can download applications to use on Samsung TV/AV equipment. You can enjoy a variety of contents such as videos, music, photos, games, useful information etc. using the downloaded applications.
Apps. View): by): To sort the Recommended, Most or Name. What’s English What’s New? Welcome to Samsung Apps! More apps are in store for you to enjoy. What’s New? Accu Weather Video TV store Test User001 Game World Clock Sports...
Using Samsung Apps by category The following categories are available: ● New?: Displays newly registered applications. What’s ● Video: Displays apps that provide video media such as movies, TV shows and short length videos. ● Game: Displays various game apps such as sudoku and chess.
● Information: Includes apps that provide information content such as news, financial information, stock quotes, weather, etc. ● Other: Includes other miscellaneous apps. ● Account: Displays the application list and your cyber cash balance. Starting in the middle of 2010 (US and Korea only), you can purchase cyber- cash that you can use to buy applications through tv.samsungapps.com.
Social TV ■ (May not be available, depending on your country.) Share your TV viewing experience with your friends via social networking services (SNS). Using the Social TV function provided by the Smart Hub, you can use an SNS function such as Twitter, Facebook or Google Talk while watching TV in the same way you use it on a PC.
1. To open Social and then press the 2. Enjoy your social network service through Using the colored and function buttons with Social TV ● (Log in / ● Green (Refresh): Refresh the application. ● Yellow (Write ◀ The function for this button may change depending on the service. ●...
Easily search for and access content from diverse sources (e.g. applications, Your Video, AllShare) ● Usable while using SMART HUB ◀ ● For easy access, use the SEARCH button on the remote control. ● For detailed instructions to use search function, please visit www.samsung. com. English ▶...
1. To open Search, press the then press the 2. If you want to input a search term directly, press the keypad screen appears. Enter the search term using the remote control. If you want to select a category, press the category to search.
Lets you select a movie, displays a list of VOD (Video on Demand) providers ◀ that have the movie, and then lets you choose a provider for streaming. (Streaming is unavailable in some areas.) ● For instructions to use Your Video, please visit www.samsung.com. English ▶...
Video: Personalize your movie-watching with a customized video on demand Your (VOD) recommendation service. Searched: You can search for a video by selecting a key word in the key Most word list. The key word list displays words you frequently use for searches Application: You can search top video applications and services for a video.
Web Browser ■ For LED 6300 and 6900 Series (May not be available, depending on your country.) Using the Web Browser Internet on your TV. 1. To open ◀ Browser, and then press the 2. Surf the Internet in the much the same way as on a PC. function provided by the Browser, press the ENTERE...
When the Web Browser opens, the cursor is in Tab Mode. In Tab Mode, the cursor highlights text or objects, or surrounds them with a blue rectangle. To move the cursor in Tab Mode, use the to select. To scroll the screen You can change from Tab Mode to Pointer Mode by pressing the Yellow button.
Stop: Refreshes the current page or stops the current connection from Refresh / loading. Home: Goes to the URL you specified as your the home page. Zoom: You can select a zoom level of 400% Fit to Screen. Favorite: Displays the Favorite or select a favorite page to visit from the Favorites page list.
When you highlight a page, the button appears on the right. Access the Options Options by selectng the Options button, and then pressing ENTERE. In the Options pop-up you can Delete the selected page from the history list, Delete All pages from the History list, or the selected page to Favorites.
Window: Displays images of open windows (the List). You can add the Window current page to the list (using Add a new page), select and access a page in the list, select and close a page in the list, or close all pages. The selected page is the enlarged page in the center.
Using the colored and function buttons with the Web Browser ● Red (Back): Moves to previous page. If there is no saved previous web page, this button will not work. ● Green (Zoom): You can select a screen size of 150%, 200%, 400% ●...
● TOOLS (Options): Displays the icons from the top of the page in a toolbar in the middle of the screen. Press RETURN to close. ● (Scroll Up / ● Return: Return to the previous screen or close the also close the Browser by pressing the EXIT button. Setting up the Web Browser Press the TOOLS button or move the cursor to the top of the screen, and then ◀...
● Tool: Provides an easy-to-read page by enlarging the main text. Reading ● Clean Site: When registered in Clean appropriate web pages. To access the Clean Site function, you must enter your Clean Site password. If you have not created a Clean Site password, enter the default password 0 0 0 0. Clean Site Feature (On / Clean Site Password ◀...
● Site: Lets you add the currently displayed web site to the Clean Add Current Site list. Manage: Lets you key in URLs to add to the Clean Site delete sites from the If you turn Clean Site List, you will not be able to acces any Internet sites. ●...
● Options: You can configure Home Settings: You can set the home page. – Most Visited – CurrentPage: Sets the current page as the home page. – Direct Input: Lets you key in the URL of the page you want for your home page.
Encoding: You can set the Encoding setting for webpages to Automatic or Manual. – Automatic Selection (On / automatically. – Settings: Select the Encoding settings for webpages manually. Select an encoding format from the encoding format list. Pointer: You can set the speed of the cursor when the cursor is set to Mode.
Buy and use the TV camera (SAMSUNG only). Other company’s TV Cameras are not ◀ compatible with Skype on your TV. For more information, download the Skype user’s manual from “www.samsung. com.” BEST BUY APPLICATION ■ For more information, visit “BestBuy.com/connected”.
[Legal Statement] Due to the various capabilities of products featuring the Samsung Smart Hub - Content Service, as well as limitations in the available content, certain features, applications, and services may not be available on all devices or in all territories.
❑ Troubleshooting for Problem Some application contents only appear in English. How can I change the language? Some application services do not work. ◀ When a network error occurs, I can only use the setting menu. Smart Hub Possible Solution The Application content language may be different from the application user interface language.
■ Troubleshooting for 1. To open Browser, press the Browser, and then press the displayed differently with PC. 2. The Web Browser 3. When attempted to download a file, but the file could not be saved and an error message appeared. 4.
7. Scrolling a web page that allows only part (and not the whole) of the page to be scrolled may cause corrupted characters. 8. ActiveX is not supported. 9. Some options cannot be accessed in Tab mode. (To access such options, switch to Pointer mode.) 10.
14. When writing emails or posting messages, some functions (Such as changing the size or colours.) may not be supported. 15. The number of bookmarks and logs that can be saved is limited. 16. The maximum number of windows that can open at the same time may vary depending on the browsing condition or TV model.
21. When you import or export the bookmark, the folder tree is not included. 22. If you import the bookmark file to a Computer from a TV, the bookmark file will be saved in “Samsung SmartTV Bookmark” folder. 23. If the time is not set in the menu information may not be saved.
IS WITH YOU. THE DEVICE AND ALL THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. SAMSUNG EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE DEVICE AND ANY CONTENT ◀...
◀ ▶ device. Samsung may impose limits on the use of or access to certain services or content, in any case and without notice or liability. Samsung is neither responsible nor liable for customer service related to the content and services. Any question or request for service relating to the content or services should be made directly to the respective content and service providers.
PC) by controlling them on the TV via the network. Additionally, you can use your TV for browsing web pages on your mobile phones. For more information, visit “www.samsung.com” or contact the Samsung call ◀ center. Mobile devices may need additional software installation. For details, refer to each device’s user’s guide.
If your Samsung TV connects to a non-Samsung DLNA server, a compatibility issue may occur during video playback. By connecting your Samsung TV to a network via AllShare™, you can use Samsung’s original functions as follows: – Playback of various video formats (DivX,XVID, MP4, 3GPP, AVI, ASF, MKV, etc.)
❑ Setting Up AllShare™ MENU → Network AllShare Settings ■ ● Media (On / Off): Enables or disables the media function. When the media function is on, you can control Media contents play using mobile phones or other devices that support DLNA DMC. ◀...
Media ■ Shows a list of mobile phones or connected devices which have been set up to use the Media function with this TV. The Media function is available in all devices which support DLNA DMC. ● Allowed / Denied: Allows/Blocks the devices. ●...
Using the Media Function An alarm window appears informing you that media contents (videos, photos, music) sent from a mobile phone will be displayed on your TV. The contents are played automatically 3 seconds after the alarm window appears. If you press the RETURN or EXIT button when the alarm window appears, the media contents are not played.
● To turn off media contents transmissions from a mobile phone, set in the AllShare ● Contents may not play on your TV depending on their resolution and format. ● ENTERE media content. ● Using the mobile device, you can control the media play. For details, refer to each mobile’s user’s guide.
■ What is Anynet+? Anynet+ is a function that enables you to control all connected Samsung devices that support Anynet+ with your Samsung TV’s remote. The Anynet+ system can be used only with Samsung devices that have the Anynet+ feature. To be sure your Samsung device has this feature, check if there is an Anynet+ logo on it.
● For instructions explaining how to connect Anynet+ external devices, refer to the device’s user manual. You must connect an Anynet+ device using an HDMI cable. Some HDMI cables may not support Anynet+ functions. ● Anynet+ works when the AV device supporting Anynet+ is in the standby or on status.
● However, you can connect only one Anynet+ Home Theater. To connect an Anynet+ Home Theate, connect the Home Theater to the TV using an HDMI cable then: – To hear sound from the Home Theater’s Front, Left and Right speakers and the subwoofer only, connect a Digital Optical cable between the DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL) jack on your TV and the Digital Audio Input on the Home Theater.
Anynet+ Menu The Anynet+ menu changes depending on the type and status of the Anynet+ devices connected to the TV. Anynet+ Menu View TV Device List (device_name) MENU ◀ (device_name) Tools (device_name) Title Menu Receiver Description • Changes Anynet+ mode to TV broadcast mode. •...
❑ Setting Up Anynet+ → MENUm System Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) (Off / On) ■ To use the Anynet+ Function, When the Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) operations are deactivated. ◀ → Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) function is disabled, all the Anynet+ related English → ENTERE must be set to On.
Auto Turn Off (No / Yes) ■ Set an Anynet+ Device to turn off automatically when the TV is turned off. Auto Turn Off time as the TV powers off. May not be enabled depending on the device. ◀ is set to Yes, running external devices will turn off at the same English ▶...
❑ Switching between Anynet+ Devices 1. Press the TOOLS button, select ENTERE. 2. Select Device If you cannot find a device you want, select 3. Select a device, and then press the selected device. ◀ Anynet+ List, and then press the ENTERE ENTERE English...
Device List in the System ● Switching to the selected device may take up to 2 minutes. You cannot cancel the switching operation while switching is in progress. ● If you have selected an Anynet+ device by pressing the SOURCE button and then selecting its input source, you cannot use the Anynet+ function.
❑ Listening through a Receiver You can listen to sound through a receiver (i.e Home Theater) instead of the Speaker. 1. Select Receiver 2. Press the EXIT button to exit. If your receiver supports audio only, it may not appear in the device list. The receiver will work when you have properly connected the optical in jack ◀...
Using the ARC function You can listen to sound through a receiver connected using an HDMI cable without connecting a separate optical cable. 1. Select Receiver 2. Press the EXIT button to exit. To use the ARC function, a receiver which supports the HDMI-CEC and ARC features must be connected to the HDMI IN 2 (ARC) port.
❑ Troubleshooting for Anynet+ Problem Anynet+ does not work. ◀ Possible Solution • Check if the device is an Anynet+ device. The Anynet+ system supports Anynet+ devices only. • You can connect only one receiver (home theater). • Check if the Anynet+ device power cord is properly connected. •...
I want to start Anynet+. I want to exit Anynet+. ◀ The message “Connecting to Anynet+ device...” appears on the screen. The Anynet+ device does not play. • Check if the Anynet+ device is properly connected to the TV and check if the Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) Setup menu.
The connected device is not displayed. ◀ The TV sound is not output through the receiver. • Check whether or not the device supports Anynet+ functions. • Check whether or not the HDMI cable is properly connected. • Check whether Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) setup menu.
❑ TroubleShooting If your TV seems to have a problem, first review this list of issues and solutions. If none of these troubleshooting tips apply, please visit “www. samsung.com,” and then click on Support, or contact the Samsung call center.
Issues The TV image does not look as good as it did in the store. ◀ The picture is distorted: macro block error, small block, dots, pixelization Solutions and Explanations • Store displays are all tuned to digital, HD (high definition) channels. •...
Issues Color is wrong or missing. The color is poor or the picture is not bright enough. ◀ Solutions and Explanations • If you’re using a Component connection, make sure the component cables are connected to the correct jacks. Incorrect or loose connections may cause color problems or a blank screen.
Issues There is a dotted line on the edge of the screen. The picture is black and white. When changing channels, the picture freezes or is distorted or delayed. ◀ Solutions and Explanations • If the picture size is set to Screen •...
Issues The 3D Active Glasses are not working correctly The 3D images don’t look quite right. ◀ The batteries in the 3D glasses don’t last Solutions and Explanations • Make sure the glasses are turned on. • The 3D Active Glasses may not work properly if there is any other 3D product or electronic devices turned on near the glasses or TV.
Issues Sound Problem There is no sound or the sound is too low at maximum volume. ◀ Solutions and Explanations First, perform the Sound Test to determine if your TV audio is operating properly. • Go to MENU - Support Self Diagnosis If the audio is OK, the sound problem may caused by the source or signal.
Issues The picture is good but there is no sound. ◀ The speakers are making an inappropriate noise. Solutions and Explanations • Set the option to Speaker Select • If you are using an external device, check the device’s audio output option.
Issues RF (Cable/Antenna) Connection The TV is not receiving all channels. No caption on digital channels. ◀ The picture is distorted: macro block error, small block, dots, pixelization. Solutions and Explanations • Make sure the coaxial cable is connected securely. •...
• If you are using an HDMI connection, check the audio output setting on your PC. • The Samsung Wireless USB dongle is required to use a wireless network. • Make sure the Network Connection is set to Wireless. •...
Issues Others Purple/green rolling horizontal bars and buzzing noise from the TV speakers with a Component cable connection. The picture won’t display in full screen. ◀ A “Mode Not Supported” message appears. on TV menu is greyed Caption out. Solutions and Explanations •...
Issues There is a plastic smell from the The TV Signal Information unavailable in the Self Diagnosis menu. The TV is tilted to the side. The channel menu is greyed out (unavailable). ◀ Your settings are lost after 30 minutes or every time the TV is turned off.
Issues You have intermittent loss of audio or video. You see small particles when you look closely at the edge of the frame of the TV. menu is not available. ◀ POP (TV’s internal banner ad) appears on the screen. Solutions and Explanations •...
Refer to the manual provided with the Kensington Lock for additional information on proper use. The Kensington Lock is not supplied by Samsung. Please find a “K” icon on the rear of the TV. The Kensington slot is beside the “K”...
To lock the product, follow these steps: 1. Wrap the Kensington Lock cable around a large, stationary object such as desk or chair. 2. Slide the end of the cable with the lock attached through the looped end of the Kensington Lock cable.
❑ License TheaterSound, SRS and the symbol are trademarks of SRS Labs, Inc. TheaterSound technology is incorporated under license from SRS Labs, Inc. Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. Manufactured under license under U.S. Patent #’s: 5,451,942; 5,956,674; 5,974,380; 5,978,762;...
DivX Certified® to play DivX® video up to HD 1080p, including premium content. DivX®, DivX Certified® and associated logos are trademarks of DivX, Inc. and are used under license. ABOUT DIVX VIDEO: DivX® is a digital video format created by DivX, Inc. This is an official DivX Certified® device that plays DivX video.