READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS AND SAVE THEM FOR FUTURE USE Builder Deluxe Installation Guide For Model: BLD52-3 light Table of Contents: Safety Tips. pg. 2 Unpacking Your Fan. pg. 3 Parts Inventory. pg. 3 Installation Preparation. pg. 4 Hanging Bracket Installation. pg. 4 Fan Assembly.
SAFETY TIPS. WARNING: To reduce the risk of electrical shock, turn off the electricity to the fan at the main fuse box or circuit panel before you begin the fan installation or before servicing the fan or installing accessories. READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND SAFETY INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING YOUR FAN AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
1. Unpacking Your Fan. Carefully open the packaging. Remove items from Styrofoam inserts. Remove motor housing and place on carpet or Styrofoam to avoid damage to finish. Do not discard fan carton or Styrofoam inserts should this fan need to be returned for repairs.
3. Installation Preparation. blade edge To prevent personal injury and damage, ensure that the hanging location allows the blades a clearance inches 7 feet (76cm) of 7ft. (2.13m) from the floor and 30in. (76cm) from (2.13m) any wall or obstruction. This fan is suitable for room sizes up to 400 square feet (37.2 square meters).
5. Fan Assembly (downrod). stop pin set screw Remove hanging ball from downrod provided by loosening set screw on hanging ball. Remove pin and clip. Lower hanging ball and hanging ball remove stop pin. Then slide hanging ball off downrod. [Refer to diagram 1.] clip Loosen yoke set screws and nuts at top of motor housing.
5. Fan Assembly (downrod). (cont.) wood With the hanging bracket secured to the ceiling outlet box and able to support the fan, joist you are now ready to hang your fan. Grab the fan firmly with two hands. Slide downrod through opening in hanging bracket and let hanging ball rest on the hanging bracket.
6. Fan Assembly (flushmount). (cont.) canopy To prepare the fan for wiring, hang fan onto hanging bracket by sliding the canopy over the hanging bracket tab. (Use one of the non-slotted holes on the rim of hanging bracket tab the canopy to do so.) [Refer to diagram 3.] motor housing diagram 3...
8. Canopy Assembly. hanging bracket Raise canopy to hanging bracket, aligning loosened screws in hanging bracket with slotted holes in canopy. Twist canopy to lock. Insert screws (with washers) that were previously removed (on page 4, Section 4) and secure all screws with a Phillips screwdriver.
10. Light Kit Assembly. Secure 3 glass shades with thumbscrews provided in one of the hardware packs. reverse switch Do NOT overtighten thumbscrews as glass may crack or break. switch housing Install 3 candelabra base 60 watt max. incandescent bulbs (included). IMPORTANT: When you need to replace bulbs, please allow bulb(s) and light kit fitter...
Troubleshooting. Warranty. WARNING: Failure to disconnect power supply CRAFTMADE™ LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY: CRAFTMADE warrants this fan to the original household prior to troubleshooting any wiring issues may purchaser for indoor use under the following provisions: result in serious injury. 1-YEAR WARRANTY: CRAFTMADE will replace or repair any fan which has faulty performance due to a defect in Problem: Fan fails to operate.