with oven door
Care & Cleaning
Removing and Replacing the Lift-Off Oven Door
The door is heavy. For safe, temporary storage, lay the door flat with the
inside of the door facing down.
To Remove Oven Door:
1. Open oven door completely (horizontal with floor - See Fig. 1).
2. Pull the door hinge locks on both left and right door hinges down from the oven frame
completely towards the oven door (See Fig. 2). A tool such as a small flat-blade
screwdriver may be required.
3. Firmly grasp both sides of oven door along the door sides (Do not use the oven door
handle - See Fig. 3).
4. Close the door to the broil stop position (the oven door will stop into this position
just before fully closing).
5. With the oven door in the broil stop position, lift the oven door hinge arms over the
roller pins located on each side of the oven frame (See Fig. 4).
To Replace Oven Door:
1. Firmly grasp both sides of oven door along the door sides (Do not use the oven door
handle - See Fig. 3).
2. Holding the oven door at the same angle as the removal position, seat the hook of
the hinge arm over the roller pins located on each side of the oven door frame (See
Fig. 4). The hook of the hinge arms must be fully seated onto the roller pins.
3. Fully open the oven door (horizontal with floor - See Fig. 1).
4. Push the door hinge locks up towards and into the oven frame on both left and right
oven door hinges (See Fig. 2) to the locked position.
5. Close the oven door.
Special Door Care Instructions - Most oven doors contain glass that can break.
Read the following recommendations:
1. Do not close the oven door until all the oven racks are fully in place.
2. Do not hit the glass with pots, pans, or any other object.
3. Scratching, hitting, jarring or stressing the glass may weaken its structure causing
an increased risk of breakage at a later time.
Changing the Oven Light (some models)
For models equipped with the interior oven light, the light bulb is located at the
rear of the oven and is covered with a glass shield held by a wire holder (See Fig.
5). The glass shield must be in place whenever the oven is in use.
To replace the oven light bulb:
1. Turn electrical power off at the main source or unplug the range.
2. Press wire holder to one side to release the glass shield.
3. Replace bulb with a new 40 watt appliance bulb.
4. Replace glass shield over bulb and snap wire holder into place.
5. Turn power back on again at the main source (or plug the range back in).
6. The clock will then need to be reset. To reset, see Setting the Clock and
Minute Timer in this Use & Care Guide.
Be sure the range is unplugged and all parts are COOL before replacing
oven light. Wear a leather-faced glove for protection against possible broken glass.