Speed Bake™ Cooking System
Benefits of Speed Bake™ Cooking
—Foods cook up to 254to 30% faster,
saving time and energy.
—Multiple rack baking.
—No special pans or bakeware needed.
General Cooking Instructions:
1. For optimum cooking results it is recommended4to preheat the oven when baking foods such as cookies, biscuits and breads.
2. Reduce oven temperature 25° F from recipe's recommended4oven temperature. Follow the remainder of the recipe's
instructions using the minimum recommended4cook time.
When using 24oven racks at the same time, place in4oven rack positions 2 & 5 for best results (See Fig. 2)
Note: Layer cakes will have better results using the normal Bake feature.
1. Preheating is not necessary when roasting foods with Speed Bake™ Cooking System.
2. Since Speed Bake™ cooks food faster, reduce the cook time by 25% from the recommended4cook time of your recipe.
Increase the time until the desired doneness is obtained.
Note: Cook time reductions will vary depending on the amount and type of food being cooked.
To Set Speed Bake™ Cooking System:
1. Program the oven as you normally would4to bake. Speed Bake™ may be used with
Bake, Timed Bake and Delayed Time Bake features.
2. Press and release Speed Bake™ switch. The indicator light located above the Speed
Bake™ switch will glow and the fan4will come on. The fan4stays on when the oven door
is closed and shuts off while the oven door is opened. The fan4will continue4to operate
until cooking is complete.
3. To cancel Speed Bake™, press
IMPORTANT NOTES: The Speed Bake™ fan will take 6 minutes to begin rotating
once the Speed Bake™ switch has been turned ON. The Speed Bake™ feature will not
activate during a Self-Clean cycle.
How the Speed Bake™ Cooking System works (some
Speed Bake™ Cooking System uses a fan4to circulate the oven's heat
uniformly and continuously around the oven. This improved heat distribution
allows for fast, even cooking and browning results. It also gives better baking
results when using two racks at the same time (See Fig. 1).
Heated air flows around the food from all sides, sealing in juices and flavors.
Meats cooked with Speed Bake™ Cooking System are juicer. Poultry is
crisp on the outside while staying tender and moist on the inside. Breads and
pastry brown more evenly. Most foods baked in a standard4oven can4be
cooked faster and more evenly with Speed Bake™ Cooking System.
on the oven control as you would to stop any
Setting Oven Controls