1. Place the Permanent Filter into the Filter Basket.
(Figure B) Add approximately 3 tablespoons of
coffee grounds for 16 oz. (473 ml) of coffee. NOTE:
Model DCM19 makes 15 oz. (444 ml) (Use more or
less coffee depending on individual taste.)
2. Pour one full mug of cold tap water into the Water
3. Close the Reservoir Cover. Remove the Lid from
the Travel Mug and add sweetener, cream, or milk
before brewing. Snap the lid back on the mug.
Place the Mug on the Mug Rest directly under the
Filter Basket opening.
4. Push the Start Lever and the "On" Light will glow.
(Figure C) The Coffeemaker and On Light will turn
off automatically when the brewing is done. Allow
the coffee to finish dripping from the unit before
removing your Travel Mug.
NOTE: There will be slightly less coffee in your
Travel Mug than the amount of water added as the
grounds absorb some of the liquid.
5. When you remove the Travel Mug from the Mug
Rest, be careful not to tip it over as hot liquid will
CAUTION: Be careful when opening the Reservoir Cover after brewing as this area is hot
and steamy. Use the Lift Tab located on the side of the Coffeemaker Reservoir Cover.
6. You can also brew hot water for beverages such as tea, hot chocolate and soups. Be
sure the Filter and Filter Basket have been washed in hot, sudsy water and rinsed well.
Replace the Filter and Basket and repeat the brewing process to brew hot water into the
7. The Travel Mug may also be used for carrying cold beverages.
1. Be sure the Coffeemaker is OFF and has cooled. Clean the Filter Basket, Permanent
Filter, Travel Mug and Lid in the Dishwasher—top rack only—or in hot, sudsy water.
2. Wipe the exterior with a soft, damp cloth and dry. Do not use abrasive soaps or
scouring pads. Never immerse the Coffeemaker in water or place in a dishwasher.
3. Parts washed in a dishwasher may appear to
fade. To restore color, polish with a soft, dry cloth.
4. To clean inside the Reservoir Cover, unsnap the
Water Spreader and wipe the surfaces with a damp
cloth. (Figure D)
5. After cleaning, press the Water Spreader back
against the Cover and snap it into place.
CLEANING MINERAL DEPOSITS
1. Clean your Coffeemaker approximately once every
3 months to flush out mineral deposits. If you live in
a hard water area, you may have to clean the Coffeemaker more frequently. It is time to
clean the unit if it shuts off before all the water has pumped through the system.
2. During cleaning, more steaming may occur than when brewing coffee. Pour 8 oz. (237 ml)
of white vinegar into the Water Reservoir and fill to the Max Fill Line with tap water. Place
a 16 oz. (473 ml) (or slightly larger) container on the Mug Rest.
3. Turn the Coffeemaker on and let the cleaning solution brew through. Fill the reservoir
with cold water to the Max Fill Line and brew the plain water through to flush out any
4. Let the cleaning solution brew into the container until the Coffeemaker turns off.
Repeat the process using a new solution; do not reuse the first solution. Then repeat
once more with only cold water to remove any remaining vinegar taste. Wash and dry
the Permanent Filter and Filter Basket.
Service, if necessary, must be performed by a Black & Decker Household Appliance
Company-Owned or Authorized Service Center. The Service Center nearest you can be
found on the enclosed insert, in the yellow pages of your phone book under "Appliances -
Small - Repairing", or by calling the appropriate "800" number on the cover of this book. If
mailing or shipping your Coffeemaker, pack it carefully in any sturdy carton with enough
packing material to prevent damage. Include a note describing the problem to our Service
Center and be sure to give your return address and phone number. We also suggest that
you insure the package for your protection. Consumer-replaceable parts and accessories
are available at Black & Decker Household Appliance Company-Owned or Authorized
FULL TWO-YEAR WARRANTY
Black & Decker warrants this product against any defects that are due to faulty material
or workmanship for a two-year period after the original date of consumer purchase or
receipt as a gift. This warranty does not include damage to the product resulting from
accident or misuse.
If the product should become defective within the warranty period, we will repair it or
elect to replace it free of charge. We will return your product, transportation charges