Transferring Sound Files from the
Computer to the IC Recorder
You can transfer sound files from the computer's hard disk, etc. to the IC
recorder. You can transfer the sound files one by one (page 31) or transfer
all sound files in a folder at one time (page 33).
• Sound files transferred to the IC recorder can be played back as messages
in the IC recorder.
• Date and time of recording (for ICS files only) and recording mode are
transferred together with the messages. This is possible even for sound
files whose names have been changed.
• When a sound file is transferred to the IC recorder, its alarm setting will
If the memory of the IC recorder is already full, or the number of messages will
exceed 99 if a sound file or folder is transferred to the IC recorder, you cannot
transfer sound files to the IC recorder. First delete some of the messages from
the IC recorder (page 38).
File types that can be transferred to the IC recorder
The sound files that can be transferred from the computer to the IC recorder are
– ICS files originally recorded on the Sony ICD-R100 IC Recorder
Can be transferred one by one or all the files in a folder at one time.
– WAV files (PCM 11kHz sampling, 8/16 bit monaural files only*)
Can be transferred one by one only.
*Messages such as those recorded in SP mode and saved as 8-bit or 16-bit WAV
files using the ICD-PCLINK Software. Messages recorded in LP mode are
saved as 8kHz sampling files and cannot be transferred to the IC recorder. You
must change the format following the procedure on page 32.