SERVICE DATA SHEET
Electric and Dual-Fuel (Gas Cooktop with Electric Oven) appliance with ERC III Electronic Oven Control
This service data sheet is intended for use by persons having electrical and mechanical training and a level of
knowledge of these subjects generally considered acceptable in the appliance repair trade. The manufacturer
cannot be responsible, nor assume any liability, for injury or damage of any kind arising from the use
of this data sheet.
SAFE SERVICING PRACTICES
To avoid the possibility of personal injury and/or property damage, it is important that safe servicing practices be
observed. The following are some, but not all, examples of such practices.
1. Do not attempt a product repair if you have any doubts as to your ability to complete it in a safe and satisfac-
2. Before servicing or moving an appliance, remove power cord from electric outlet, remove fuse or trip circuit
breaker to Off, and turn off gas supply.
3. Never interfere with the proper installation of any safety device.
4. USE ONLY REPLACEMENT PARTS SPECIFIED FOR THIS APPLIANCE. SUBSTITUTIONS MAY DEFEAT COMPLI-
ANCE WITH SAFETY STANDARDS SET FOR HOME APPLIANCES.
5. GROUNDING: The standard color coding for safety ground wires is GREEN OR GREEN WITH YELLOW STRIPES.
Ground leads are not to be used as current carrying conductors. IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT THE
SERVICE TECHNICIAN REESTABLISH ALL SAFETY GROUNDS PRIOR TO COMPLETION OF SERVICE. FAILURE
TO DO SO WILL CREATE A POTENTIAL HAZARD.
6. Prior to returning the product to service, ensure that:
All electric connections are correct and secure.
All electrical leads are properly dressed and secured away from sharp edges, high-temperature compo-
nents, and moving parts.
All uninsulated electrical terminals, connectors, heaters, etc. are adequately spaced away from all metal
parts and panels.
All safety grounds (both internal and external) are correctly and securely reassembled.
All panels are properly and securely reassembled.
318047205 (0104) Rev. A